PDA

View Full Version : Deadline trade deals

sbtatter
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Here is a good article on possible trades
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/rumours-swirl-whl-trade-deadline-approaches-031417584.html

And for those wondering what Ferland is worth, here's one point of view

The 13-20-2-2 Manitoba-based club could fetch a pretty penny for Ferland. Precedents suggest the 6-foot-2, 225-pound winger is roughly worth two first-round bantam picks or a first rounder and a high-end prospect.But one has to keep in mind Ferland's market is limited to contenders looking to upgrade one of their three overagers.

The Edmonton Oil Kings are a logical fit for Ferland. They have an overage opening and could use his tenacity and truculence in their expected Memorial Cup run.

So, Revel and and a first rounder it is.......

Sttop
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Really ? Revel and a 1st for Forsberg.If I was Lorne I wouldnt even consider Revel for Forsberg

patsdude114
12-31-2012, 06:53 PM
The thing with Ferland is only a couple teams will actually take a shot at him & that will be EDM, KAM & possibly Stoon being that he is 20 the old "take it or leave it" will be thrown in there.... as tempting as it may be for Lorne to go after Ferland the WKs already have a soild group of Stoon's former prospects giving them yet another player is a hard pill for management & fans to swallow.

Id love to see no 1 take extreme interest in him & not give KM anything worth while of a deal, unfortunately that wont happen though. As for Revel i doubt he gets moved especially with his no trade clause where he would have to approve of a trade, & for him throwing away his NCAA chances was only cuz of the Memorial Cup... just like when Schenn was 1st reported being traded to Stoon a couple yrs ago, the 1st trade fell threw cuz Benson (i believe it was) wouldnt waive his no trade clause.

Dont get me wrong sbtatter i like Ferland i think he is 1 of the best power forwards in the league (if not the best now) just most GM's will defiantely shy away from giving up as much as what that Friesen predicts...being a writer from yahoo gives him little creditabilty as well lol.... i hope im wrong & BRN gets what he thinks they are offering it will help BRN becomes the class franchise in the league again in a couple yrs cuz lord knows there isnt much else to do in BRN besides the WKs

sbtatter
01-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Really ? Revel and a 1st for Forsberg.If I was Lorne I wouldnt even consider Revel for Forsberg

For Ferland, not Forsberg

sbtatter
01-01-2013, 07:04 PM
The thing with Ferland is only a couple teams will actually take a shot at him & that will be EDM, KAM & possibly Stoon being that he is 20 the old "take it or leave it" will be thrown in there.... as tempting as it may be for Lorne to go after Ferland the WKs already have a soild group of Stoon's former prospects giving them yet another player is a hard pill for management & fans to swallow.

Id love to see no 1 take extreme interest in him & not give KM anything worth while of a deal, unfortunately that wont happen though. As for Revel i doubt he gets moved especially with his no trade clause where he would have to approve of a trade, & for him throwing away his NCAA chances was only cuz of the Memorial Cup... just like when Schenn was 1st reported being traded to Stoon a couple yrs ago, the 1st trade fell threw cuz Benson (i believe it was) wouldnt waive his no trade clause.

Dont get me wrong sbtatter i like Ferland i think he is 1 of the best power forwards in the league (if not the best now) just most GM's will defiantely shy away from giving up as much as what that Friesen predicts...being a writer from yahoo gives him little creditabilty as well lol.... i hope im wrong & BRN gets what he thinks they are offering it will help BRN becomes the class franchise in the league again in a couple yrs cuz lord knows there isnt much else to do in BRN besides the WKs

I kind of hope Ferland stays actually, not good in the long run but will be entertaining for the 2nd half

Sttop
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
For Ferland, not Forsberg

really ?

Saskatoon makes senses as a destination for Forsberg. The Blades lack talent down the middle and could use Forsberg past their MasterCard Memorial Cup season. If they are willing to part with 16-year-old centre Matt Revel and their first-round bantam pick, it seems the deal is possible

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 09:46 PM
really ?

Saskatoon makes senses as a destination for Forsberg. The Blades lack talent down the middle and could use Forsberg past their MasterCard Memorial Cup season. If they are willing to part with 16-year-old centre Matt Revel and their first-round bantam pick, it seems the deal is possible

Revel and a first for Forsberg yeesh not sure i want to give up that much Revel is a year younger than Forsberg and could very well turn out better

Sttop
01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
No chance would I consider that. I would think Revel is a top 5 16 year old in the league. And seems to have a good work ethic . I know I wouldnt be happy if the Raiders gave up Gardiner for him and I would put Revel and Gardiner in the same catagory.

patsdude114
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
With Kessy going to Kamloops im guessing they are happy with there current 20yr old situation. Prob thinking BRN is asking way to much for Ferland, which i have heard they are asking for a king's randsom yet again (so not worth it lol).

I guess with Kamloops filling there 20yr old void that can be good news for Pats fans with the Pats keeping Scheidl... altho there is still EDM out there but they are looking at Ferland as well is PA (from what i have heard put a good offer on the table, source can not be named).

I also believe that a guy like Colin Jacobs would be a nice fit for someone as well. He is a big 19yr old center whos a point a game player playing on a very weak PG team.

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
With Kessy going to Kamloops im guessing they are happy with there current 20yr old situation. Prob thinking BRN is asking way to much for Ferland, which i have heard they are asking for a king's randsom yet again (so not worth it lol).

I guess with Kamloops filling there 20yr old void that can be good news for Pats fans with the Pats keeping Scheidl... altho there is still EDM out there but they are looking at Ferland as well is PA (from what i have heard put a good offer on the table, source can not be named).

I also believe that a guy like Colin Jacobs would be a nice fit for someone as well. He is a big 19yr old center whos a point a game player playing on a very weak PG team.

I'm sure KM wants to deal with Grandpa Lorne!

patsdude114
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
well ya cuz KM has pictures of Lorne that could end him in jail which gets him king ransoms all the time lol

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 06:10 PM
well ya cuz KM has pictures of Lorne that could end him in jail which gets him king ransoms all the time lol

KM never looses a deal oh wait i guess he did lose the Dziurzynski deal and the Sundher deal those are not talked about much cause of the 1 where he took Lorne on Schenn oh well

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
And if i was Lorne i would do the Schenn deal all over again its just the nature of the beast dont get to many opertunitys like we had that season we played a strong Koot team who also loaded up and got a great kid in Eakin just the way it goes sometimes

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
KM never looses a deal oh wait i guess he did lose the Dziurzynski deal and the Sundher deal those are not talked about much cause of the 1 where he took Lorne on Schenn oh well

Sundher deal was ass, the DD was poor, but Grandpa Lorne gave us all that back for Walker, so it sawed off!
I'd make the Schenn deal again in a heartbeat, McGauley, Nikkel, Papirny, Hawryluk and Browne, nucleus of the team in the future, awesome! At least Saskatoon got 2 more wins than Bdn in the playoffs for that trade!

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Sundher deal was ass, the DD was poor, but Grandpa Lorne gave us all that back for Walker, so it sawed off!
I'd make the Schenn deal again in a heartbeat, McGauley, Nikkel, Papirny, Hawryluk and Browne, nucleus of the team in the future, awesome! At least Saskatoon got 2 more wins than Bdn in the playoffs for that trade!

Yes we all know KM won the schenn deal we will all hear about it 20 years from now as well but KM does in fact lose deals just as much as he wins he was just in the right position with Schenn at the time had we have not been going for it that year i am sure someone else would have gave up the same sort of package for Schenner

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes we all know KM won the schenn deal we will all hear about it 20 years from now as well but KM does in fact lose deals just as much as he wins he was just in the right position with Schenn at the time had we have not been going for it that year i am sure someone else would have gave up the same sort of package for Schenner

McKay for Bestland was a fantastic deal as well

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah it was good but Bestland was okay for the Giants too

Foster for Mueller that was us and Brandon that 1 was a little more even but it wasnt Lorne back then Mueller was a exciting player to watch good speed

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah it was good but Bestland was okay for the Giants too

Foster for Mueller that was us and Brandon that 1 was a little more even but it wasnt Lorne back then Mueller was a exciting player to watch good speed

MacKay went from .7 to 1.68 ppg and led Bdn to the playoffs. Best instant impact trade for Bdn I've ever seen. Bestland was the same liability in gastown that he still is for U of M. Tough son of a gun though Speaking of ex Wheaties, Lewadniuk is now leading scorer in the Mb SE senior league, playing for Carman

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM
And it is to bad what happened with Adrian Foster he could have been a good 1 if not for his horrible groin injuries he played maybe 36 career games in his whl career over 3 seasons

In bantam he played on a team with Danny Heatley Kris Kolanos and Ben Knopp

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
And it is to bad what happened with Adrian Foster he could have been a good 1 if not for his horrible groin injuries he played maybe 36 career games in his whl career over 3 seasons

In bantam he played on a team with Danny Heatley Kris Kolanos and Ben Knopp

And the worst trade was Sundher for sure, but Victoria also missed out on Conroy, amazing how that plug has turned into a ppg guy in PA!

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
And the worst trade was Sundher for sure, but Victoria also missed out on Conroy, amazing how that plug has turned into a ppg guy in PA!

I got admit i am shocked how Conroy has turned out as well

Sttop
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Whats interesting about it is he is is only 18 and will be one of the players that sticks around as a 20 year old. IMO he has taken Winthers spot on the depth chart and he may be trade bait now.

sbtatter
01-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Whats interesting about it is he is is only 18 and will be one of the players that sticks around as a 20 year old. IMO he has taken Winthers spot on the depth chart and he may be trade bait now.

If I was PA and someone offered me value for Conroy, I'd take it in a heart beat in case he regresses to they type of player he was for Bdn and Victoria. In the meantime, great trade for PA!

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Conroy like many players as they mature realise what there strengths are & play within them. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd rd bantam pick? Sometimes just need a coach to trust the kid & give him an opportunity in a bigger role he has gotten in PA, I doubt he falls backwards as a 19yr old in his development not saying he will show a lot more improvement he may be stretched as far as he can get for his skills but time will tell, in the mean time its BRN & VIC loss for not noticing his untapped skills but then again with Clouston being BRN's coach last year a lot of players in BRN lost a year of development cuz of that dumb arse.

sbtatter
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Conroy like many players as they mature realise what there strengths are & play within them. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd rd bantam pick? Sometimes just need a coach to trust the kid & give him an opportunity in a bigger role he has gotten in PA, I doubt he falls backwards as a 19yr old in his development not saying he will show a lot more improvement he may be stretched as far as he can get for his skills but time will tell, in the mean time its BRN & VIC loss for not noticing his untapped skills but then again with Clouston being BRN's coach last year a lot of players in BRN lost a year of development cuz of that dumb arse.

I like that last line! He was 49th overall

patsdude114
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
very quiet for the weekend before the trade deadline, but with so many teams on the bubble this weekend is prob a make it or break it weekend to see which direction a team is going to take....if any direction at all.

I know for a fact Lang is u sing this weekend as his measuring stick for what he is going to do. He has said all along that he believes our group is more then good enough to make the playoffs.

I think the big test though is tonite in PA to see how our full roster matches up against the Raiders. Even though they will still be missing 2 key players in McNeil & that german kid (too lazy to search his correct spelling).

sbtatter
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
My take on the Eastern Div teams
PA; Wheels are in danger of coming off. Need a goaltender in case Siemen implodes like last year. Need reinforcements if they want to keep 2nd seed in conf. Big time buyers
Stoon; Obviously need to improve to win more than 1 round and compete in mem Cup. The biggest buyers
Swifty; A mess, need playoff revenue, but have a great opportunity to set up future by trading Lowry. Should sell, but I think they will do nothing
Regina; Not going to sell their young assets, should stand pat (NPI).
MJW; Sell Reilly you fools, don't pull a Regina (Eberle, Teubert). Sell reilly and will be the team in the best position in this division for the forseable future
Bdn. Sell, sell, sell. Should have sold Stone last year instead of buying Sundher. Sell, sell, sell!!!!

What do others think?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
My take on the Eastern Div teams
PA; Wheels are in danger of coming off. Need a goaltender in case Siemen implodes like last year. Need reinforcements if they want to keep 2nd seed in conf. Big time buyers
Stoon; Obviously need to improve to win more than 1 round and compete in mem Cup. The biggest buyers
Swifty; A mess, need playoff revenue, but have a great opportunity to set up future by trading Lowry. Should sell, but I think they will do nothing
Regina; Not going to sell their young assets, should stand pat (NPI).
MJW; Sell Reilly you fools, don't pull a Regina (Eberle, Teubert). Sell reilly and will be the team in the best position in this division for the forseable future
Bdn. Sell, sell, sell. Should have sold Stone last year instead of buying Sundher. Sell, sell, sell!!!!

What do others think?

I know pats will have to be real careful. Hopefully this hot streak is indicative of future play, but Im still not sure. Id like to see a 19 year old forward moved, if only to get some value now(maybe even a younger forward), and since they have the depth now to compensate for that loss(which is weird to say. pats never have depth).

I agree on the others, though I dont see MJ moving Reilly, and SC moving Lowry. Blades might just tinker at this point.

patsdude114
01-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Apparently Daulton Siwak of PG has also requested a trade, thats 2 players on PG now who have asked to be traded other being Alex Forsberg..... i dont blame the kids for wanting out of that franchise, it has been a mess for as along as i can remember.

It may be time the league looks into that franchise & maybe pursaudes Brodsky to sell to a group who wants a franchise back in Chilliwack.

lordstanley
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
First deal of deadline day sees Aryton Nikkel dealt to the SilverTips just waiting to see who Brandon got

Trav
01-10-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.wheatkings.com/article/wheat-kings-tips-complete-deal

Walters and prospect Sanheim for Nikkel and a cond. 6th rounder. One of those deals were McCrimmon lands a young Manitoba kid that seems to have scoring ability.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Didn't expect to see the WKs trade him as he's still young & has some upside to him.

Keep me posted LS if u can, not at home today working on a demo job before this snow storm comes tonite 10-20cm of snow :groovy::clap:

pthlcommish
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Blades will make something happen yet...wait and see...

JMoney1988
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
and we did Ferland, Beniot and Valcourt..............

Caniac#5
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Blades will make something happen yet...wait and see...

Did they ever! Ferland in and Kambeitz out is intriguing.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 07:21 PM
With Forsberg not traded does he have a change of heart & goes back to finish the year out in PG or does he stay with the Humbolt Broncos where he has been skating with for a week or so now... Humbolt may of just secured there ticket to the SJHL championship with Forsberg (im pretty sure it was Humbolt i heard he was skating with who has his rights, please correct me if im wrong) as Humbolt is already a strong team in the SJHL without him

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 07:23 PM
actually it is confirmed Forsberg is going to be playing in Humbolt for the rest of the year...

@alexforsberg27 Well it didn't happen today #gonnamissallmybuds humboldt it is