PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Connor Gay....

patsdude114
01-01-2013, 01:04 AM
The past 3 games (2 live 1 on WHL webcast) Connor Gay is finally finding his stride i believe. At the start of the season he played very scared which ultimately lead to him being sent down to Jr. A (Humbolt i believe correct me if im wrong please) even when he was 1st recalled before xmas he was still playing scared at times, but since coming back from xmas he seems to want to get his nose abit more dirtier.

He wants the puck on his stick abit more, he lead a couple rushes against the Blades where he actually looked impressive. I hope this is a sign of more to come from him as he does have some offensive skill.

So my question is do u other Pats fans think Gay will stick around after trade deadline, or be sent back to Jr. A??

We currently have 17 forwards (1 on IR in Hunt) & only 12 forwards to play each game which leaves us with 4 extras. I was 1 of the hard arses on Gay ill be the 1st to admit that, i never questioned his skill as he did show it in training camp (& is starting to show some flashes now).

Bighat
01-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I think gay will stick around because of his scoring ability and your right his wil to get dirty now. I think hunt is shut down for the year. The trade deadline will be the deciding factor cause the pats will put a package together to get forsberg, he is the right age were looking for. We are building for the next 2 years. I see gora had a good macs in net as well.

patsdude114
01-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Forsberg would be a great pickup for any team out there & the same goes for being a Regina Pats player. I would not complain at all if we gave up a 1st rd pick & whatever else it took to get him for young guys as long as those players we not named Klimchuk or Williams & to some degree Burroughs.

It wouldn't surprise me much at all if MJ landed Forsberg, as they have a ton of prospects to pick & choose from to land a high end 17yr old. I do believe Forsberg will end up out East on a Saskatchewan team. I guess time will tell to see if I'm right.

Bighat
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
No. Way is klimchuck going anywhere he is better than forsberg and Burroughs is our top dmen so he's safe. I would move Williams and a 1st no questions asked.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Normally, Id want no part in Forsberg for quitting on his team...but honestly, PG is ridiculous and has been for a long time now. He gave it a chance, at least.

If the pats want him, prepare to deal one of Williams/Burroughs +, or if they dont need defence, then a young roster player, a replacement top 6 center(like Ouellette), and a 1st.