PDA

View Full Version : Jan 4 Medicine Hat Tigers vs Pats

dsquared
01-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Program without ads - the ink saver edition (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Jan.%204%20Pats%20vs%20Tigers%20Program.pdf)

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Looking forward to tonites game, have been wanting to watch Vasko play ever since we acquired him & tonite should be his 1st game as a member of the Regina Pats.

Hoping the Pats can keep on rolling as we haave won 3 of our last 4, this weekend will be a very key weekend in which way Lang approaches the trade deadline. I think as long as we win 2 of the 3 games we will not sell off pieces, but that doesn't mean we will be buyers either. Maybe just a tweak will happen but nothing major at all.

I'm hoping Sacher plays tonites game, I really like his game we haven't seen him play many home games to this point. Less pressure for him to perform on the road compared to infront of the home crowd but he has to learn to play infront of the home fans too.

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Finally nice to be able to see some depth of the Pats win a game.... in the 2nd period the Pats #1 line of Stephenson/Klimchuk/Scheidl were benched from 6:59 mark of the 2nd period til the end of the period (a total of 13mins) & the even more shocking part was from that point on the Pats dictated the play & dominated the Tigers down low in the 2nd period.

Tonight Rodewald, Rossingol, Sylvegard, Ouellette & Jobke were our best players shift in & shift out. Hewitt wasnt busy for the most part but when his number was called he came up big.... same can be said for his counterpart in Lanigan.

Shinkaruk has a ton of skill, prob the fastest hands i have seen play in Regina since Eberle was here. The kid just has pure skill, altho he does get knocked off the puck very easily, even against guys his own size in Williams & Burroughs. He has all the tools but needs to get stronger on the puck, which was the same knock on Eberle when he was 17 & 18 years old.

The Tigers are still there same team of very small speedy forwards, dangerous at any given time if given the time & space. Take the body on them which the Pats did for about 50mins of this game & they become pretty ineffective. MH had alot of PP shots 5on5 they were kept to the outside alot.

Was a great hockey game to watch though from both sides of the puck, both teams play a completely different style of play & was a treat to watch all nite. Hope the Pats can take it to the Raiders with there game but im going to guess that the Raiders will be very hungary to get back into the win column tomorrow nite since losing to the Blades tonite 6-3

Bighat
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Good game last nite I really like the look of our defence now. Probably because our forwards can carry the play now that we're healthy. We just need McCoy and vlasko healthy and back in the lineup. It looks like the last few games we've played bigger. I would like us to trade scheidl and pick up a young prospect or high pick, this way we could move a younger guy on the top line.

patsdude114
01-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping Vasko plays tonite in PA & sunday against BRN, gotta see how he fits in with our group before we can move a top 6 forward. Mayor played very well last nite as well, he has very good hands & has the size to fend off defenders.

Its hard to predict at all whaat Lang is thinking as this team is completely different then the before xmas team we saw get run out of buildings due to all the injuries we had. I believe with the team we have now we have a legit shot at climbing as high as 5th but prob 6th or 7th is more realistic. Were definately a playoff team with the current lineup.

Bighat
01-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I agree playoff team, mayor very solid playing with good linemates. I think we could get something for scheidl and not skip a beat in his spot in the lineup. I think jobke is untouchable his presence back there helps the kids out and his leadership was missed when he was out of the lineup. If we win 1 of the 2 remaining games this weekend we will put ourselves in a position to start leapfrogging teams.

RWAH
01-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Agree, with most of our players healthy, we are a much better team than before Christmas. If we could get to 5th or 6th we could go deeper than one round in the playoffs. A 7th or 8th and facing Edm, Cal, or PA and it would be a big upset to knock them off. I would like to see a second PP unit with Mayor (with his size and strength on this skates) in front of the goal creating havoc and a lot of point shots. We would have 2 distinct units, one lots of passes and and back door feeds: and one just power with deflects and rebounds.

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Bighat back on the wagon :o

Bighat
01-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I do have a sore shoulder and ankle though.

patsdude114
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Agree, with most of our players healthy, we are a much better team than before Christmas. If we could get to 5th or 6th we could go deeper than one round in the playoffs. A 7th or 8th and facing Edm, Cal, or PA and it would be a big upset to knock them off. I would like to see a second PP unit with Mayor (with his size and strength on this skates) in front of the goal creating havoc and a lot of point shots. We would have 2 distinct units, one lots of passes and and back door feeds: and one just power with deflects and rebounds.

I for 1 wouldnt mind playing PA Siemens has always struggled against us, has always played on good teams but yet he looks avg when he faces us. PA hasnt owned us by any means this year, besides for 1 game where we had a very depleated lineup.

As for our PP both units looks very good last nite but just 1 problem we dont put enough pucks towards the net, pass all u want around the zone to tire them out it wont get u goals if u dont put pucks towards the net. The #1 unit looks for the pretty goal by trying that 1 extra pass then what is needed, we have enough skill on our 1st unit just need shots.

Our 2nd unit isnt too bad either especially for a unit that has Jobke on it, normally he would be on a teams 1st unit. If i was to make 1 change it would only be with the faceoffs on the 1st unit, Scheidl loses over 60% of his faceoffs, why not put Stephenson taking the draw & then slip him back to the point after u gain possession, it was the same as last year with Weal they had Volek taking the draw alot.

Bighat back on the wagon :o

haha i love it when LS trolls lmao keep up the great work.

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
I for 1 wouldnt mind playing PA Siemens has always struggled against us, has always played on good teams but yet he looks avg when he faces us. PA hasnt owned us by any means this year, besides for 1 game where we had a very depleated lineup.

As for our PP both units looks very good last nite but just 1 problem we dont put enough pucks towards the net, pass all u want around the zone to tire them out it wont get u goals if u dont put pucks towards the net. The #1 unit looks for the pretty goal by trying that 1 extra pass then what is needed, we have enough skill on our 1st unit just need shots.

Our 2nd unit isnt too bad either especially for a unit that has Jobke on it, normally he would be on a teams 1st unit. If i was to make 1 change it would only be with the faceoffs on the 1st unit, Scheidl loses over 60% of his faceoffs, why not put Stephenson taking the draw & then slip him back to the point after u gain possession, it was the same as last year with Weal they had Volek taking the draw alot.

haha i love it when LS trolls lmao keep up the great work.

Heck even i will admit it was a excellent troll post lol