PDA

View Full Version : Pats deadline deal/reassignments...

Fight Guy
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Pats Deadline Moves (Pats site)

January 10, 2013

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club has completed a trade with the Calgary Hitmen. The Pats acquire 18-year old forward Carson Samoridny and a fourth round pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft in return for nineteen year old forward Colten Mayor.

Samoridny adds size to the Pats lineup standing 6’3” and weighing in at 205 lbs. In 40 games this season with the Hitmen, the St. Albert, Alberta product has fifteen points (7G, 8A).

Acquired earlier in the season from the Red Deer Rebels, Mayor totaled nineteen points (9G, 10A) in 33 games in Regina.

The Pats welcome Carson to Regina and the Pats organization and wish Colten all the best in Calgary.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club has announced the reassignment of two forwards to reach the roster limit of 25 players. Adam Rossignol will be reassigned to the BCHL while Filip Vasko will return to his club team in Slovakia.

Rossignol came to the Pats from the Swift Current Broncos prior to the start of the regular season and suited up for all 44 games with the Pats this season. The Surrey, B.C. native scored nine goals and added five assists for the Pats this season.

Vasko was acquired by the Pats in a recent deal with the Red Deer Rebels and didn’t see any game action in Regina.

The Pats thank both Adam and Filip for their contributions to the organization and community during their time in Regina and wish them the best going forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vasko's going home?? What the hell?!

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I like the fact we got bigger, but is he willing to drop the gloves too?

As for Rossingol being reassigned kind of mixed feelings about that, since xmas he has been 1 of our better all around players. May not be scoring but he actually seemed to want the puck & go with it.

Really disappointed with the Vasko move though, he didn't even get a chance to play to show what he could possibly do on this team (if anything at all)

Bighat
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Like the moves we get the big power forward and I wasn't a fan of rosgnial sp. vasko I would like to know what the deal was. I guess this helps the 20 yr situation for next year. I really thought we were going to trade one of our young goalies.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
There is really no difference between Mayor & the kid we got, only real difference is the age group. I really thought that Mayor was going to be part of our 20yr old group next year along with Stevenson & Fenske/Ouellette.

Guess these moves today leaves the Pats with no 20yr old battle next season which is a so so situation. As for the team this year now I think we do have enough to make a playoff push.

As for moving a young goalie there is no rush in making the wrong deal, take the off-season & maybe even training camp as well see who makes a push & who doesn't maybe we have 3 goalies next year who could all easily start the year with the Pats & then Lang has options to make the right trade.

Bighat
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
We will have 4 goalies 5 if the American comes to camp and 2 (19yr) olds. I guess this is a good problem. I guess Conner gay played himself a spot with the team heh, good for him.

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
There is really no difference between Mayor & the kid we got, only real difference is the age group. I really thought that Mayor was going to be part of our 20yr old group next year along with Stevenson & Fenske/Ouellette. I have watched both of them quite a bit, and the guy you got is actually a little faster too, in addition to having m more time left in the WHL. Regina made out really good one this trade.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 07:08 PM
We will have 4 goalies 5 if the American comes to camp and 2 (19yr) olds. I guess this is a good problem. I guess Conner gay played himself a spot with the team heh, good for him.

Sacher & Beukeboom will be able to carry the load but with that said i doubt we keep both goalies most like Beukeboom will be dealt, maybe even to MH which will depend if they want to use there euro backup this year as starter next season or not. With Tanner Burgardt, Nathan Churchill & Patrick Gora all could very well be ready for WHL jobs, Gora & Burgardt pushed Sacher/Beukeboom hard for that backup job this year so 1 would think we could be moving 2 goalies next year (1 forsure)

I have watched both of them quite a bit, and the guy you got is actually a little faster too, in addition to having m more time left in the WHL. Regina made out really good one this trade.

Thanks for ur input on that i know nothing about Samoridny at all, just know what i have seen from Mayor since xmas break he is a completely different player then when we got him. He has been making really good plays with the puck he actaully has really good play making abilities with the puck to make guys miss.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Happy with the way things went. Especially getting a big forward coming back. Although I wouldve preferred to keep Mayor out of the three forwards, its doubtful this trade or one like it could happen if we held out. So from acquiring Mayor to dealing him, we basically we lowered our 4th round pick by a few positions in exchange for a decent 18 year old forward and a young depth D. Not bad asset management at all.

And it was probably best to trim some of the fat on the roster too. We had a few too many forwards, and moving out half-year players was only logical. Rossignol saw the writing on the wall and clearly there were complications with Vasko. Ice time to younger guys, including the vacant top 6 position.

...Going to be weird for the team to play Mayor in the very next game.

Bighat
01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
So Lang almost got forsberg at the last minute he said dyson, a 1st and prospects but it fell through too bad this would have helped our future.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 08:23 PM
So Lang almost got forsberg at the last minute he said dyson, a 1st and prospects but it fell through too bad this would have helped our future.

where did u hear this? cuz very seldom do GMs come out & say what player they offered up if it didnt work out cuz that player still has to play for u

& its not like Forsberg couldnt end up a pat before next season either if this is the case as there is a long off season where trades can be made as well... the Forsberg situation is a very interesting 1, im very surprised he didnt get traded today cuz now playing in the SJHL PG risks him getting a serious injury & then getting nothing at all for him or just a injury in general that could lower his trade value due to healing & possibly flaring up again.

I think PG dropped the ball on this 1 big time but that doesnt surprise me as there whole franchise is a joke in how they run things being a Pats fan we better get ID verification that the GM is Brent Parker in disguise. They also didnt deal Swiak who also requested a trade.

Bighat
01-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Lang did an interview on Ctv supper news and actually named dyson. He said he thought the deal was done but with 1 minute to go pg pulled out.

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
ahh ok i didnt see that interview just odd that he named the player involved is all as normally GMs dont do that when trades fall thru

RWAH
01-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I am surprised at Vasko going home. He must of had some issues, been a negative in the room, injury lingering, something there we have not heard. The 4th line is playing great so might be the coaches just did not want to switch players.
I agree (PD114) Mayor has played a much better game since Christmas and Calgary GM Kelly Kisio said he could be a top 6 forward but this helps the Pats get bigger and helps the age make-up as well. I think it will prove out to be a good trade.
Forsberg will help any team that can land him, providing he left PG because it is PG and not that he needs it all his way or no way. It is not neccessary to sell the farm for him as PG is the same situation as the Pats were with Voleck with the exception that Forsberg was the first overall pick. His value can not go up it will remain fairly level until the trade deadline in 2013 and then decline from that point.

About S'toon now with the NHL starting can Calgary recall Ferland for their AHL or ECHL team or because he was reassigned to junior is he here for the season?

RWAH
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I am surprised at Vasko going home. He must of had some issues, been a negative in the room, injury lingering, something there we have not heard. The 4th line is playing great so might be the coaches just did not want to switch players.
I agree (PD114) Mayor has played a much better game since Christmas and Calgary GM Kelly Kisio said he could be a top 6 forward but this helps the Pats get bigger and helps the age make-up as well. I think it will prove out to be a good trade.
Forsberg will help any team that can land him, providing he left PG because it is PG and not that he needs it all his way or no way. It is not neccessary to sell the farm for him as PG is the same situation as the Pats were with Voleck with the exception the Forsberg was the first overall pick. His value can not go up it will remain fairly level until the trade deadline in 1013 and then decline from that point.

About S'toon now with the NHL starting can Calgary recall Ferland for their AHL or ECHL teams or because he was reassigned the the juniors is he here for the season?

armypower
01-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Heard on Calgary radio today,Ferland is there for the duration of
this season

lordstanley
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Heard on Calgary radio today,Ferland is there for the duration of
this season

Of course he is otherwise Lorne would have not made that deal

witness
01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
The Mayor trade was a good one for the Pats. We needed to get the forward numbers down. And don't take the ice time away from the kids. good return for Mayor, a body and a similar draft pick that the Pats gave up for him.

The ongoing conditioning issues with Vasko was concerning.

I won't have a concern for Forsberg. He is what the 5th player to want out of PG this year?? Speaks more to the organization than the player.

Lang has made it very clear that he is building around that 17 year old age group.

Bighat
01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
You guys read rods blog the comments on there today really piss me off, I mean this is a young pats team with lots in the cupboard (some people just see what's on the ice) look at our draft picks and what there doing. We are only loosing 4 players next year, and we should be getting 2 new imports so really loosing 2 players plus we should improve with a couple young guys or a trade for a couple vets. This team is setting up to be competitive for the next 5 yrs.

lordstanley
01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
You guys read rods blog the comments on there today really piss me off, I mean this is a young pats team with lots in the cupboard (some people just see what's on the ice) look at our draft picks and what there doing. We are only loosing 4 players next year, and we should be getting 2 new imports so really loosing 2 players plus we should improve with a couple young guys or a trade for a couple vets. This team is setting up to be competitive for the next 5 yrs.

I use to read the comments on Rods blog but havent in ages it has turned into a gong show

witness
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I use to read the comments on Rods blog but havent in ages it has turned into a gong show

Agree!

this is a young pats team with lots in the cupboard (some people just see what's on the ice) look at our draft picks and what there doing. We are only loosing 4 players next year, and we should be getting 2 new imports so really loosing 2 players plus we should improve with a couple young guys or a trade for a couple vets. This team is setting up to be competitive for the next 5 yrs.

The Pats are in a lot better position now than they were 2-3 years ago. Klimchuck is looking like a late first round NHL pick. I think that Williams and Burroughs have a chance to be drafted. Three Pats drafted in one year, when was the last time that happened?

The 16 year old crop is OK. but the 15 year olds are looking pretty good. The Pats are slowly starting to restock the cupboards, they were pretty bare when Lang took over.

patsdude114
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Rods blog is definately a gong show, especially during rider season where I love to go on there & stir the pot with all those freaken homers who only see games thru there rider glasses. Most knowledgable football fans in canada my arse lmao

As for the Pats we finally have some depth in this organization still lack a true star besides Klimchuk in the next group but who knows maybe someone matures a heck of a lot & becomes a gem its always possible when drafting 15yr olds. I can't remember that little guys name during training camp off hand, but he was moved into the blue & white game with the vets & was still 1 of the better players. That kid could skate & had puck skills only sad thing was he was like 5'5 130LBS hopefully he grew a lot this year.

It won't surprise me if Lang lands Forsberg during the offseason, maybe at the draft. By the sounds of it he thought he did land him but with PG pulling out laast minute. I really hope that comes back & haunts the Cougars, mean playing in the SJHL could result in a long term injury & then the Cougars get squat for him all together. That franchise is a mess, its not the player in this case its just the franchise.

I agree with witness that our 16yr old group this year isn't that strong but our 15yr old group is very strong. Be interesting to see if any 16yr olds improved enough to make a push next year as 17yr olds.

lordstanley
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Rods blog is definately a gong show, especially during rider season where I love to go on there & stir the pot with all those freaken homers who only see games thru there rider glasses. Most knowledgable football fans in canada my arse lmao

As for the Pats we finally have some depth in this organization still lack a true star besides Klimchuk in the next group but who knows maybe someone matures a heck of a lot & becomes a gem its always possible when drafting 15yr olds. I can't remember that little guys name during training camp off hand, but he was moved into the blue & white game with the vets & was still 1 of the better players. That kid could skate & had puck skills only sad thing was he was like 5'5 130LBS hopefully he grew a lot this year.

It won't surprise me if Lang lands Forsberg during the offseason, maybe at the draft. By the sounds of it he thought he did land him but with PG pulling out laast minute. I really hope that comes back & haunts the Cougars, mean playing in the SJHL could result in a long term injury & then the Cougars get squat for him all together. That franchise is a mess, its not the player in this case its just the franchise.

I agree with witness that our 16yr old group this year isn't that strong but our 15yr old group is very strong. Be interesting to see if any 16yr olds improved enough to make a push next year as 17yr olds.

I love this cause it is so damn true oh gee only 5 and a half months till the madness begins again

Now now patsdude are you the poster Obama kidding lol

patsdude114
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Omg hell no that guy is a complete know it all, nothing anyone says is ever right cuz his opinions are the only 1s that matter. I'd love to put my fist in his jaw just once

dsquared
01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I can't remember that little guys name during training camp off hand, but he was moved into the blue & white game with the vets & was still 1 of the better players. That kid could skate & had puck skills only sad thing was he was like 5'5 130LBS hopefully he grew a lot this year.

The little guy's name is Liam Finlay. here are his midget stats so far this season:

Finlay, Liam Okanagan Rockets F 26(games) 7(goals) 30(asts) 37(points) 6(Pim)

He is sitting in 10th position in BC major midget. However I do not see his name on the "In The System" Page on the Pats web site and he was not a draft pick - must have been an invite.

The kid was one of the standouts in training camp and the Blue & White game (I believe he got a goal in that game) - his size concerns me - hopefully he spouts a few inches and bulks up.

lordstanley
01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Omg hell no that guy is a complete know it all, nothing anyone says is ever right cuz his opinions are the only 1s that matter. I'd love to put my fist in his jaw just once

Haha just razzing ya PD14 lol and i agree with what you said about that douchbag