PDA

View Full Version : Johnson dealt to Thunderbirds

patsdude114
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM
So what was the thoughts on Johnson being moved to Seattle for a 4th rd pick?

He isnt as productive as he was on a strong Warriors team last season, prob expected abit more from him this year im guessing. With the likes of McCarthy, Point, Warkentine & Uhrich was it just a numbers game where Johnson's contributions were no longer needed with a core group of quality 16yr olds waiting in the wings & need as much ice as possible....thats the way im kind of seeing it but then again i dont watch Warrior games unless they r playing the pats would love to hear some of the warrior fans opinions on it

mjw22
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
So what was the thoughts on Johnson being moved to Seattle for a 4th rd pick?

He isnt as productive as he was on a strong Warriors team last season, prob expected abit more from him this year im guessing. With the likes of McCarthy, Point, Warkentine & Uhrich was it just a numbers game where Johnson's contributions were no longer needed with a core group of quality 16yr olds waiting in the wings & need as much ice as possible....thats the way im kind of seeing it but then again i dont watch Warrior games unless they r playing the pats would love to hear some of the warrior fans opinions on it

He wasnt producing pts but really didnt fit the age group moving forward.

Hatguy
01-10-2013, 11:59 PM
He's just not that good to be honest, makes room to give some of the younger guys more time.

mjw22
01-11-2013, 12:16 AM
He's just not that good to be honest, makes room to give some of the younger guys more time.

I was hoping he'd be better this year but it didnt happen. For me the mystery is how Brooks is still here o goals ever.

mjw22
01-11-2013, 12:23 AM
I was hoping he'd be better this year but it didnt happen. For me the mystery is how Brooks is still here o goals ever.

Oops looks like Brooks is gone .Not on current roster Good

Hatguy
01-12-2013, 11:32 AM

It was pretty obvious to me that he benefited a lot from playing with Howden last season. He wasn't a good defensive player and he never skated hard to back-check. Younger guys could do the same job.