PDA

View Full Version : New seating for the Coliseum

langdak
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Not sure how many of you are aware of this but i figured i would post the link.

Its a .pdf file so you will need adobe to read it.

I am quite excited to see the new seating they have put in.

http://www.pne.ca/about/press_centre/pdf/RevisedReleaseColiseumannoucement.pdf

rinkrat
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Ya.I was in there about a month ago,total construction site! The new seats are awesome! The lower bowl seats are a maroon colour(redish purple like GM place).They are supposed to get a new scoreboard as well.Also upgrades to the iceplant and facilities such as concessions and washrooms.All thanks to the federal money for the olympics...

Tony
07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
They really needed a new scoreboard. Glad to hear they got it.

langdak
07-21-2005, 09:30 PM
hey rinkrat

are the seats the same style as GM place?

Did you get a chance to sit in them?

Do the corner sections still have temporary seating for rows 1-3? (reason i ask is cuz i sit in row 4 in the corner and i would hate to lose my ample amount of leg room i have.

Just wondering if you knew the answers to those questions

Cheers!

rinkrat
07-22-2005, 08:06 AM
The temporary seats were not there when I was in the rink.It was a major construction zone!The new seats look great,I didn't sit in one,though.I went in to see the seats I purchased,but they were removed as well.Row 7 behind the benches...

langdak
07-22-2005, 05:20 PM
The temporary seats were not there when I was in the rink.It was a major construction zone!The new seats look great,I didn't sit in one,though.I went in to see the seats I purchased,but they were removed as well.Row 7 behind the benches...

nice location for your seats

i am even more excited now for hockey to start with the new seating in place and the talk of the new scoreboard

september cant come fast enough for me.....the giants jersey in the closet is getting lonely :D

Beaner
08-31-2005, 11:35 AM
The lower bowl seats should all be in for the Home opener, and the upper bowl should be complete before the World Juniors.

Beaner
09-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Rows 1-11 Sectiona E thru J and Sections R thru W will not have the new seats in place till Sometime before the end of the year. :( Basically some of the best seats in the House.....

This is because these are retractable seats that have to be built offsite.

Upper bowl is about 1/2 Done now.

A new replay screen has been installed. :)

langdak
09-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Rows 1-11 Sectiona E thru J and Sections R thru W will not have the new seats in place till Sometime before the end of the year. :( Basically some of the best seats in the House.....

Upper bowl is about 1/2 Done now.

A new replay screen has been installed. :)

yikes.......not good

i know my new seats are in place, i sat in them at the season ticket pick up thing on the weekend, they are very comfy, much better then the 30yr old ass crack seats that were there

rinkrat
09-20-2005, 03:46 PM

:)

So,Joey was B.S.ing us at the recent season ticket event? He clearly stated that all lower bowl seats will be installed by the home opener...

Beaner
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
So,Joey was B.S.ing us at the recent season ticket event? He clearly stated that all lower bowl seats will be installed by the home opener...

Well, I read it from my Handy Dandy Season ticket holder pick up party FAQ sheet that I got at the "event".

And its under Question #1. :(

I guess my butt will know for sure, since I sit in Row 8.....

Looks like the info coming from Joey, is, how do we say, unreliable.

GF71
09-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Ahahaha too funny. I would say that Joey bsing is a bit strong, but remember part of his job is being the team's pr person. Which, is to say he is supposed to sugar-coat things.

rinkrat
09-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Ahahaha too funny. I would say that Joey bsing is a bit strong, but remember part of his job is being the team's pr person. Which, is to say he is supposed to sugar-coat things.

You can't be "partly pregnant". Either the lower bowl seats will be in,or they won't! Joey said they would be in.If he was told to "sugar coat" this he will look like a fool and so will the Giants.

Well, I read it from my Handy Dandy Season ticket holder pick up party FAQ sheet that I got at the "event".

I wouldn't exactly call it a party! It is an event,more like a press conference.