PDA

View Full Version : Vs brandon

Bighat
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I see the coach watched the same game as me last nite mumby and Williams out tonite.

patsdude114
01-13-2013, 03:00 AM
I heard Williams had a really bad bruise on his hand from blocking that slap shot on the PK in the late 1st period against CGY I bet after they unwrapped it it swelled up over night. Williams was 1 of our better Dmen on friday night like he has been all year. As for Mumby with Henry, Hand & Hak will be the rotating Dmen in & out of the lineup for the rest of the year.

Not sure what gaame u were watching friday nite but the whole team could of been scratched saturday nite, 2 single out 2 guys like u did & 1 of them was clear as daay that he would be hurting after taking a puck to the inside of the glove just shows that u don't have as much hockey knowledge as u may think. Mumby has been in & out of the lineup all year being that he is 16 it happens often throughout the league.

I wish I had been able to listen to tonites game but my dump truck the AM radio doesn't come in clear at all & forgot my hand held. Wish I had been able to listen. What was up with Stephenson fighting Walters? Definately not the guy the pats want fighting. I see the Blades lost again too.

Fight Guy
01-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Forgot who it was, but a Pat had his head down coming behind the Brandon net, and Walters met him with a hard, clean hit. One of those clean hits that tends to prompt a fight these days. Stephenson happened to be the Pat to take exception. Didn't fair too well, but the one and only punch he did throw looked to rock Walters.

Same old problems I found. Lazy or bad D-to-D passes, too much passing on the PP/not enough damn shots! Or taking shots when someone is wide open for a pass and a GOOD shot. The one thing that has irritated the hell out of me this year is the lack of shots, especially on the PP. Screw the pretty goals. Try getting garbage goals on rebounds. Hewitt did play great tonight though.

RWAH
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
You could tell Chandler has no fighting experience but good he stood up for a team mate but the rest of the team was not paying attention. the last two games the team looks like the before christmas team, no urgency, no desire, not first on the puck, no puck support, no agressive forcheck, going through the motions. I was not expecting wins against PA and Calgary but when this team puts in the effert they can play with any team in the dub and be in the game not embarresed as those two games. IMO that lack of urgency and effort carried over to the Brandon game.
The next four are Koot and SC twice each and we need at the minimum a split with SC and 6 of the 8 points to stay in the hunt.

Bighat
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I forgot more about hockey then you know, did you watch the gamefriday how many times was Williams out of position ahhhhhh all nite. To his credit we did play a big team and he was out muscled and out skated. Don't get me wrong I like Williams but I single out my players when they play bad. Mumby should be spot started against the competition we play and I blame that on the coaching staff, he shouldn't have been playing Friday nite. Now I have to get back to hockey for dummies so I can learns some mores (lol).

patsdude114
01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
He plays against the other teams top line game in & game out, as being paired with Jobke will do that for a kid. It takes more then just the defenemen to play defense & it wasn't like CGY controlled the play all nite we were able to sustain offensive pressure ourself. But when forwards are getting caught deep & giving a fast team like CGY odd man rushes all gaame it doesn't fall onto a 17yr old Dman.

I'm a huge fan of Williams as well the 1 knock on him is he doesn't taake the body much. Its not even about throwing a big hit just to separate the man from the puck he needs to do more instead of just stick checking. I can assure u Williams was not dressed due to his play on Friday night. The kid could barely squeeze his stick after he blocked that slap shot off the inner side of his glove. But having a williams who can barely squeeze his stick playing is still miles ahead of giving Mumby more ice time against a team like that.

patsdude114
01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Forgot who it was, but a Pat had his head down coming behind the Brandon net, and Walters met him with a hard, clean hit. One of those clean hits that tends to prompt a fight these days. Stephenson happened to be the Pat to take exception. Didn't fair too well, but the one and only punch he did throw looked to rock Walters.

Same old problems I found. Lazy or bad D-to-D passes, too much passing on the PP/not enough damn shots! Or taking shots when someone is wide open for a pass and a GOOD shot. The one thing that has irritated the hell out of me this year is the lack of shots, especially on the PP. Screw the pretty goals. Try getting garbage goals on rebounds. Hewitt did play great tonight though.

Ya I don't understand the pretty goal concept, if its there then by all means try it but don't look for it put pucks on net (or at least towards the net) outside of Stephenson, Klimchuk, Scheidl we don't have high end skill so get the pucks towards the net & see what happens