PDA

View Full Version : two big weekends

RWAH
01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
the next four games this weekend and next weekend we play Kootnay twice and Swift twice eight very important points. It will be tough as Kootnay is on a real tear (9 wins in the last 10 games). Hope we bring our "A" game and put a stop to the Ice winning streak. This game is specially important as it could also set the tone for next Saturday. If the Ice win both games they will be ahead of us in the standings, If we can be agressive on the forcheck and stay physical for the whole game , we can play with any team in the "DUB"
Should be a good game, if we play like we did on the winning streak. Looking forward to tonight!

patsdude114
01-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Can't look ahead to next weekend or tomorrow nite, tonites task at hand isn't a easy 1 I believe if we actually play our game we will roll over the Ice but the Pats have had problems playing there style of game been way to inconsistant.

Landon Peel is on the Ice I had to do a double look at him on the ice during warm ups & then search the rosters to make sure as he was recently added didn't even have a number beside his naame.

patsdude114
01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
So far so good for the Pats after the 1st period, we are playing our style of game (even tho its boring as hell hockey) chipping the puck low & winning battles below the goal line.

Sam Reinhart looks scared out on the ice after the Pats came out crashing & banging everything that moved. Burroughs caught Reinhart at the blueline with a big open ice hit, Williams so far as the hit of the nite with his open ice hit on Montgomery (I believe it was). Every shot the Ice have (all 8 of them) have been far out unscreened chances, there generating nothing offensively (so far)

RWAH
01-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Wow a grear period that is the most physical I have seen this team play. It seems to be working. The Ocean look a little scared. Great goal good hand eye coordination. Pats out shot but npt out chanced.

patsdude114
01-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Another strong period but the worst pinch of the year goes to Fenske & taking out our own player who was back checking. Fenske gives us solid minutes night in & night out but he needs to be put on a shorter leash when it comes to the offensive side of the game. He makes so many bad decisions if it wasn't for his physical play don't think hed see much ice at all.

Scheidl looks lost without klimchuk, was very disappointed in the decision thaat Gay made on that Stephenson lead rush at full tilt during a bad change by the Ice no other way to screw up a promising rush like Gay did on that play.

RWAH
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Wow a grear period that is the most physical I have seen this team play. It seems to be working. The Ocean look a little scared. Great goal good hand eye coordination. Pats out shot but npt out chanced.

Mellow Yellow69
01-19-2013, 12:27 AM
And another loss

dsquared
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
The penalty that Jobke took with 28 seconds left was very reminiscent of a Jackman type penalty. It was undisciplined, selfish and effectively killed what little chance the Pats had of scoring the needed goal. In my opinion this type of play is not what he needs to show the rest of the team in his leadership role.
I suspect the league may look at the play.

BTW is Marc McCoy in the dog house? - he is not listed as injured and we miss his presence on the face offs and in front of the net

Bighat
01-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Jobke had a hell of a game he busted pucks out of our zone, carried pucks deep, stood forwards up at the blue line all nite. Williams had a great game as well, need to sit mumby down he looks lost out there. Good game just couldn't catch a break, I left entertained and that's all I ask for. Tonite I look for a rough game with a few fights and more goals.

nivek_wahs
01-19-2013, 11:48 AM
BTW is Marc McCoy in the dog house? - he is not listed as injured and we miss his presence on the face offs and in front of the netKnee injury. They must have missed that in the game notes last night. He's listed as "Lower Body Injury (Day-to-Day)" in tonight's notes.

patsdude114
01-19-2013, 02:27 PM
The penalty that Jobke took with 28 seconds left was very reminiscent of a Jackman type penalty. It was undisciplined, selfish and effectively killed what little chance the Pats had of scoring the needed goal. In my opinion this type of play is not what he needs to show the rest of the team in his leadership role.
I suspect the league may look at the play.

BTW is Marc McCoy in the dog house? - he is not listed as injured and we miss his presence on the face offs and in front of the net

It may of killed our chances of possibly tieing the game up but it wasn't the story of the game at all. The best game I have seen the pats play at both ends of the ice in awhile, just couldn't solve Skapski.

Our best line aall night was by far the Ouellette/Rodewald/Klimchuk line, they had constant pressure all game & some great chances by Rodewald & Klimchuk. I really like how Rodewald is coming into his own lately with physical play & using his body to take pucks to the net, becoming a true power forward. I had 2 scouts sitting 2 seats down from me last night & I overheard them saying they wish Rodewald would drop the mits aas it would help him be a true force.

As for McCoy yes he is hurt has had a knee injury for almost 2 weeks now, I believe he is still listed as injuried on the WHL Weekly Report on whl.ca, not really expecting him to play tonite but should be back next weekend forsure.

Fight Guy
01-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Jobke was going in for the hit and the Ice players went down to his knees right before he was about to get hit. Not much Jobke could do at that point. No time to let up and he finished his check. He didn't even defend himself when Kootenay came after him. Definitely didn't intend to hit him in the head.

sbtatter
01-19-2013, 02:45 PM
2 questions;
What position will Klimchuck get taken?
Will he be higher than Lazar?

I say
18th
No

Bighat
01-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Klimchuck is going to get drafted where every Boston has its first pick. I see him going between 10-16. He's going to play in the NHL for a long time on the second line.

patsdude114
01-19-2013, 04:32 PM
As long as he doesn't end up in EDM or VAN I don't care where he goes, I already can't cheer for Eberle's team & don't want it to happen again for Klimchuk.

As for if he goes before Lazar I guess it all depends on the teams selecting, some teams will like klimchuk more then Lazar others will like Lazar more the Klimchuk either player tho can't go wrong both bring different things to the ice.

west coast
01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Both Klimchuk and Lazar are blue chip prospects.It will all depend on team needs as to which player gets drafted first in nhl draft.I believe that Lazar will get chosen first. Klimchuk is a gifted offensive sniper and playmaker.I think that Lazar is a better two way player. Lazar is a better skater and is faster and really reminds me of a Ryan Kesler type player, Lazar is better at all ends of the rink.Both players will be bonafide NHL stars.Hopefully they both continue to develop and stay away from injuries.

sbtatter
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
To me the interesting thing about Klimchuck is how much he improved in season #2, is there a similar jump in season #3? If so, he should go higher than Lazar

Harvest
01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Stevenson's really good at absorbing punches for you guys

patsdude114
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
To me the interesting thing about Klimchuck is how much he improved in season #2, is there a similar jump in season #3? If so, he should go higher than Lazar

After thinking longer about this topic as someone who watches Klimchuk on a regular basis & numbers alone don't lie he is more offensive then Lazar, I'm going to go out on a limb & say he will go higher then Lazar. Klimchuk doesn't play on a highly skilled team like Lazar does & he gets more attention from other teams top Dmen & still produces at a high rate. Klimchuk has gotten better in season #2 but that was to be expected as is the case with every 16 to 17yr old kid (or so it should be) his skating is his biggest knock on him but that can be worked on, his hockey IQ is thru the roof, he always finds a way to get open (getting his teammates to get him the puck can be a different story some nites with this pats team)

Can someone give some game recaps of tonites gaame please, I'm out hauling snow (yet again) & missing tonites game.

Fight Guy
01-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I swear, Stephenson has been told not to shoot the puck. All night long, he has had wide open shots to the left of the goalie, and he doesn't even look. He looks for a pass instead. I can't handle it. Two much passing caused another turnover and we took our own 5min PP away. Lots of chances again though. Entertaining game and rough. It would be nice if we had more than 1 shot on PP's. Maybe I should paper airplane a note into the Pats bench for Conacher to tell his players to ****ing shoot!!

PS...having fun at the snow dump PD114?? :p Gong show out there!!

Bighat
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Entertaining game again and I called a rough game as well, I think we're going to loose fenske for awhile looks like he hurt his neck and it should be a suspension. I don't understand why hak doesn't play every nite.

patsdude114
01-20-2013, 03:50 AM
PS...having fun at the snow dump PD114?? :p Gong show out there!!

Gong show doesn't even start to discribe it especially earlier in the week when all private guys were trying to get caught up along with all the city end dumps. Thank god they got a 3rd bulldozer out there to pile it sky high. More snow on wednesday if the weather man is correct 5-10cm I don't mind it tho ha being self employeed snow is nothing but money.

I got to listen to bits of the game whenever my AM radio in my dump truck would come in clear, god as much as I haate MJ they got it right to bring there games on crystal clear FM (or at least I believe they broadcast them on FM)

Thanks for the game recaps, & agree Stephenson needs to shoot more, he has all the tools just needs to get selfish at times & shoot the damn puck. No shot is a bad shot, worst case the goalie saves it & u get an offensive faceoff. I don't see anything wrong with that.

RWAH
01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
my re-cap is we were entertained. was a rougher and dirtier game than Kootnay. I thought Lowery was dirty, used excessive force and had his hands and elbows up all the time, extra contact behind the play.
The shot clock was 31 but we could have had 41 or 45 if we would stop trying to make the perfect play and the pretty goal. We need to make more accurate passes so players can get onetime shots away, not have to stop the puck and then shoot. The reason for the pass is to get an open shooting lane but if the player must stop the puck before shooting the lane gets closed before the shot.
During this 5 game skid we have scored only one goal against (counting backwards) Swift, Kootnay, Brandon and Calgary and 4 goals against PA. The top 8 teams in our division are averaging (roughly) 3 or more goals per game. Only Moose jaw has scored fewer goals than the Pats.
Can it be our young D fence causing our transition to be too slow or that we seem to back pedel behind our net, so we don't get enough odd man rushes?
Both Swifts goals came off 4 on 4 play and a fast transition that caught us flat footed.