PDA

View Full Version : Pats Skills Competion & Alumni Game

patsdude114
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
This year's annual Skill's Competion has a charity Alumni Game attached to with all proceed's going towards Kyle Deck & The Kidney Foundation of Canada. As Deck was diagonsed with kidney disease & requires a transplant.

The rosters for the Alumni Game look like this

TEAM BLUE:
Brad Anderson, Rob Babchuk, Ryan Bender, Dale Derkatch, Al Dumba, Jon Hammond, Rob Houk, Mike Kirby, Nevin Markwart, Selmar Odelein, Kyle Ross, Doug Trapp, Troy Vollhoffer, Chad Wilchynski

TEAM WHITE:
Justin Bernhardt, Jared Jagow, Jamie Heward, Frank Kovacs, Brett Leffler, Kelly Martwart, Jordan McGillivray, Darrin McKechnie, Mike Sillinger, Martin Smith, Ed Staniowski, Tony Vogel, Gord Wappel, Kurt Wickenheiser

I for 1 will taking in this event as it goes to a great cause & should be a fun night reguardless :)

mjw22
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
This year's annual Skill's Competion has a charity Alumni Game attached to with all proceed's going towards Kyle Deck & The Kidney Foundation of Canada. As Deck was diagonsed with kidney disease & requires a transplant.

The rosters for the Alumni Game look like this

TEAM BLUE:
Brad Anderson, Rob Babchuk, Ryan Bender, Dale Derkatch, Al Dumba, Jon Hammond, Rob Houk, Mike Kirby, Nevin Markwart, Selmar Odelein, Kyle Ross, Doug Trapp, Troy Vollhoffer, Chad Wilchynski

TEAM WHITE:
Justin Bernhardt, Jared Jagow, Jamie Heward, Frank Kovacs, Brett Leffler, Kelly Martwart, Jordan McGillivray, Darrin McKechnie, Mike Sillinger, Martin Smith, Ed Staniowski, Tony Vogel, Gord Wappel, Kurt Wickenheiser

I for 1 will taking in this event as it goes to a great cause & should be a fun night reguardless :)

too bad they quit doing the TC clash that would have been a good fundraiser

patsdude114
01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
I agree could even go as far as having the Pats vs Warriors in a skill competion as well. I mean let's face it these kids are friends on social media sites anyways alittle friendly competion with proceeds going towards charity like this or others would be a win win for everyone involved.

mjw22
01-23-2013, 06:05 PM
I agree could even go as far as having the Pats vs Warriors in a skill competion as well. I mean let's face it these kids are friends on social media sites anyways alittle friendly competion with proceeds going towards charity like this or others would be a win win for everyone involved.

Something to look at in the future for sure.

lordstanley
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Something to look at in the future for sure.

Blades and Raiders had alumni games like 10 years ago for a few years in a row it was a great time for sure

mjw22
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
The idea of a skills competition between current rosters would be fun. I think the players would like it . MJ-Reg PA - Sask etc and an alumni game if it could be done . It would help with rivalries and the money could go to charity or player education funds. The League doesnt have an all star game so this would be something extra for the fans. I think it could be tied into the schedule . Have all the regular games for the rivalry teams on a Fri and the skills/alumni game on Sat.Interesting idea for sure

lordstanley
01-24-2013, 04:45 PM

And this is a excellent idea :)