PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Dittmer

Nature Boy
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Wasn't Tyler Dittmer the one that Brent traded to get Brandon Sutter. I heard that he is on the block in Brandan. He walked out on the team and Kelly isn't to happy with him. He will be dealt before training camp. Do you think that brent will go after him.

Tinner
07-21-2005, 08:14 PM
He was, and no, I don't think Brent will go after him unless he can get him for a lot less or a bag of pucks. I don't say that to be mean, but the knock on him was and is his lack of defensive coverage, something Brent holds in high regard with his style of play and players.

D.A.
07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I agree. There was a reason that Sutter was willing to part with Dittmer in the first place. I don't think things have changed to the point where he'd want him back too badly.

WHEATMAN
07-22-2005, 11:03 AM
mccrimmon is really pissed off with him, here was what happened: we trade our first round pick to you guys for dittmer and your first round pick, dittmer had a awesome year of AAA that year which the AAA wheaties won the air canada cup. He comes to camp for the 2004-05 season in great shape, plays 15 games puts up 4 assists and walks out saying he wasnt "mentally ready" to jump to the dub. He goes back to AAA and gets suspended from the team for 5 games for underage drinking, and is in the AAA playoffs where they lose the first round and are done hockey in march. and during that AAA season, he was 4th on the team in PPG, he was beaten by a few 15 year old players. look for mccrimmon to trade him, because this is one hometown boy, we definetly want to get rid of.

D.A.
07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Are you sure about those stats? I see him at 3rd in points per game on his team, a fraction away from 2nd (1.68 PPG vs. 1.7). The two guys that finished ahead of him were both 17.

Interestingly, another player that did quite well on that team was Devon Leblanc, whom I expect will be in a Rebels uni this year.

WHEATMAN
07-24-2005, 12:28 PM
it still isnt as good as he should have done, the year before he led the league and won the air canada cup, this year he seemed to be a dud

WHEATMAN
07-24-2005, 12:30 PM
will be good. he plays exactly like his brother derek, devin will be a good power forward, and should contribute well as a 18 year old if not 17