PDA

View Full Version : Colton Jobke...

MVNWriter23
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Greetings, its been a little while. What are your guys' thoughts on Colton Jobke? Do you think he has an NHL / AHL future or not? He seems to be battling injuries this year a lot. What did you think of him last year after the trade from Kelowna?

I'd love to hear your thoughts as always.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Tough player, keeps it honest(unlike alot of players now), above average all around game at this level, and leadership qualities. Id consider him a great overage player in this league.

Although I think he can make it to the NHL someday, I dont see him in any prominent role. Not sure he has the offensive game to do so. Probably a journeyman player.

patsdude114
01-29-2013, 12:18 AM
He plays a very high uptempo game which sets him up for a lot of solid checks thrown on him, with that said he also dishes out his share as well. He's not a big guy so I don't see this style of game giving him a long professional career & with that said will still be 99% of AHL action. Just don't see him getting much NHL time at all to be honest he will virtually be/have the same career as ex-pat Victor Bartley is having in the AHL.

MVNWriter23
01-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Sounds like Colton Jobke could be a great help in Houston for a long time. Victor Bartley has done a nice job of carving himself out a niche with Milwaukee Admirals. I watched him closely at the prospect camp and he never really stood out; but I didn't really expect him to. With the Wild carrying more than a few young bluechip defensive prospects he will be hard pressed to battle his way into the lineup, but if we called him up it sounds like we'd be getting a reliable, consistent and honest defenseman. Great stuff! Thanks for the comments! If you have anything else you'd want to add?

Is he a pretty vocal guy on the bench or more of a lead by example type?