PDA

View Full Version : holy crap

patsdude114
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Holy crap is right, where in the heck did 7 goals come from & 6 unanswered after being down 3-1 (when last checked the score)

Nice to see some untapped scoring from Christoffer in these past few weeks, he is really turning into a solid all around, not sure what kind of scoring touch he had prior to coming to the WHL.

I'm not saying this is any sort of a turn around point as it may just be alittle too late. Its nice to see them finally having some offensive relief.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
looks like they overcame the usual byblow special tonight on top of it all.

sort of became accustomed to that in brandon over the years, but the result is certainly a pleasant surprise, even if the reason was due to bad goaltending.

RWAH
02-09-2013, 10:31 PM
They were playing Brandon but a turn a round for the top line with a six point night, might just get them back on track, we will see Tuesday. SAJ you are right about Byblow how does it get to be 6 to 1 for power plays. On the web cast D Stevenson took a high stick in the offensive corner below the goal line and right in front of him but no call? Im hoping this can give the boys some confidence that will carry over to the remainder of the schedule.

Fight Guy
02-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Christoffer has been one of the bright spots in the past month or so. I really liked him from the beginning of the season. He showed he had the skill and wasn't afraid to hit or be hit...not to mention he's not afraid to drop the gloves either! Took a lot longer for him to find his spot than I thought he would though. Good to see him making it happen now. He has been one of the best Pats most nights. Always works hard and does the little things right. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some ice time with the some of the higher forwards. Could end up being a good fit with some players from one of the top two lines, even though the top line had a turn around night and got some points. I feel he has the skill and work ethic to be more successful.

Now lets hope this gets the Pats going in the right direction and make some sort of a run. Ya, it's one win against the lowest team in the East, but never did I expect them to score seven goals!! Sounded like they were on the other end of some good bounces and made good of their chances. The Pats have had some golden chances to score lately, but either miss the net, hit the post, or they get robbed by the goalie. That is when they shoot, of coarse!

sbtatter
02-10-2013, 09:54 AM
They were playing Brandon but a turn a round for the top line with a six point night, might just get them back on track, we will see Tuesday. SAJ you are right about Byblow how does it get to be 6 to 1 for power plays. On the web cast D Stevenson took a high stick in the offensive corner below the goal line and right in front of him but no call? Im hoping this can give the boys some confidence that will carry over to the remainder of the schedule.

Ref was brutal again (didn't cost Bdn the game, they did that to themselves), the Stevenson incident you brought up was one, Hawryluk tackling a Pat was another, the most obvious was Oulette actually pinning Hawryluk to the ice in the Pats corner, he seriously didn't let Hawrluk up for at least 10 secs, all this as Byblow skated right by, eventually the linesman skated back and pulled him off, play continued, no penalty! Reffing here in Bdn the last 2 nights has been the worst I've seen it for a long time, and I'm saying both ways, just so many missed calls it's embarassing for a league of this stature

patsdude114
02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I find as a whole that after the trade deadline the reffing changes drasticly, its like the refs get into a playoff style reffing & let things go thaat they would be calling earlier in the year. Its frustrating as a fan to watch never knowing what's going to be called on a nightly basis heck even a shift to shift basis.

I'm far from a homer when it comes to the reffing, I watch the game as a fan of the game 1st before a fan of the Pats (as hard as it is to be a pats fan at times) there's obvious calls missed both ways on a nightly basis. I get that these refs r far from professionals & they all have day jobs & do this cuz they love the game of hockey. They put up with a lot of crap for hardly any pay so I guess us fans just have to accept what we get since the refs rnt on a payroll like the NHL refs are where at least there we can truely complain cuz they r making a fair wage to be just a ref.

patsdude114
02-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Another holy snap moment as the Pats beat the Oil Kings 3-2 even thought they got outshot badly 55-16 Hewitt stole the show yet again with Scheidl scoring his team leading 32nd & 33rd goals of the year & Klimchuk scoring his 30th of the year.

There isn't too many positive things to say about the win but its still nice to see for the players since they have had such a rough 2nd 1/2

mjw22
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Another holy snap moment as the Pats beat the Oil Kings 3-2 even thought they got outshot badly 55-16 Hewitt stole the show yet again with Scheidl scoring his team leading 32nd & 33rd goals of the year & Klimchuk scoring his 30th of the year.

There isn't too many positive things to say about the win but its still nice to see for the players since they have had such a rough 2nd 1/2

Pats dude they beat the top team in the east and the LP only gives them a pic on page 3. good support :o

patsdude114
02-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Haha I noticed that as well & there wasn't even a small article either like the last 2 games in alberta all they had was 2 lines under the big full color picture lol

Its CFL offseason in rider nation that's all they care about now especially with both the Pats & Warriors sucking. The Broncos never get any love in the LP the warriors get alittle at least when they are good.

Fight Guy
02-22-2013, 07:36 AM
The Pats are always all over the front or first couple pages a couple times a week...except when the Riders a re still playing. There's an article today about Wednesday's game. May as well wait a day and interview the hero when he gets home.