PDA

View Full Version : Swift Current vs Calgary

trucker
03-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I like our chances in this series and can't wait to get playoff hockey back here! The I-Plex should be sold out and that will help this team kick a little Alberta *****!
Sock it to em good boys! Pound these pansies into the ice and show em how it's done!
Bring on your little team from the city of wanna be cowboys. Wear your hub cap belt buckles and bring on that loosing, Flame loving attitude. Watch your WHL team fail, just like that joke you call an NHL team.
Broncos win this series due to hard work and better goaltending.
Go Broncos! :p

patsdude114
03-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Id hate to see the list of things Hitmen fans could say about swift current, im sure it would be alot longer & alot harsher lol

good luck in the series the Broncos r gonna need it

armypower
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Hitmen in 5

Quarter Century Fan
03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
I think the Broncos have a decent chance to win over Calgary... Broncos in 6 or 7

Our goalie will win the series!!:D

trucker
03-22-2013, 06:46 AM
Heartbreacker of a game! Huge comeback from our guys, shows they play with heart! Hopefully the Broncos can sneak out a win tonight!

trucker
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Two, must win coming up. Hope to see the I Plex packed, and a dominant Bronco victory. Hope to see the series tied going back to Calgary.

Show stopper
03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been watching the broncos all season and it seems our best game against the the hitman are home. Today's game was a great game until the OT goal which was cheap, but what can anybody do now

scfan39
03-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Tough lose on a blown call especially in OT. time to focus on game 5 to bring this series back to Swift

dodywood4ever
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
I wonder how many striped morons it would take to see a blatant hand pass in ot? More than 4 I guess. What an awful way to go down 3-1. Hope somebody is held accountable. Not holding my breath.

trucker
03-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Four paid employess of the WHL and not one of them sees a hand pass in overtime? Then the league acknowledges that a mistake was made, and that is that. Gee...No worries Mr. Robson! Hell...we'll forgive ya old buddy! No worries at all!! Friggen insanity!! Those 4 zebras should be replaced as of this morning and done for the remainder of the post season. Mistakes happen,...but they just can't happen in that situation. Maybe the league should be held accountable finacially in situations such as this, especially when their paid employees are responsible. It is too bad that the rubbish that was heaved onto the ice after that blown call didn't concuss one or all of those officials. Shame, Shame, Shame on the League for this! Junior Hockey will always be great! Too bad the officiating isn't!!

Quarter Century Fan
03-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I thought the officiating in both playoff games at home was pretty good and they were allowing the players to play. But I saw the puck come off of the glove even with poor eyesight from that distance!! With four officials one of them should have had an agle view!!

Then...the referee is supposed to point at centre ice to let the fans know it was a goal after consulting with the other officials... that never happened!!

Calgary had already headed to their dressing room which is the same exit the officials use. When the officials skated off of the ice I assumed they were getting Calgary back to their bench to resume the game... That wasn't the case, they were cowardly sneaking out!! What a bunch of chickens!!

Can't speak any better of the league if there isn't something done by them to correct this from happening to another team in the future!!:mad:

dodywood4ever
03-27-2013, 10:28 PM
A win in that game means Swift gets at least one more home game. Think of the financial loss that means to the smallest market in the league. Im sure the league will compensate us tho. Yeah right.

trucker
03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Good job Broncos! Short ride in the playoffs but sure was enjoyable to have the post season back in this city! You made us all proud! Congratulations to Calgary. Broncos never gave up in this series and that shows good things for next year.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Not sure if the players even look at this board anymore as I know most posters hardly do these days, but what a thrill ride of a season for the Broncos. Was entertaining from start to finish, including one of the closest matched playoff series' I've seen in awhile.

Too bad the ending of Game 4 will always be the thing that stands out for most fans and will be a 'what if' point for years to come.

Looking forward to 2013-2014 already!

Tiger Trauma
04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Whats your team looking like next year?
Lowry and Scarlett are probably gone being signed

Do you think Eetu Laurikainen, Graham Black, or Richard Nedomlel will be back?

How Did merkley play down the stretch? Looks like his point production dropped a lot from his lethbridge days.

trucker
04-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Whats your team looking like next year?
Lowry and Scarlett are probably gone being signed

Do you think Eetu Laurikainen, Graham Black, or Richard Nedomlel will be back?

How Did merkley play down the stretch? Looks like his point production dropped a lot from his lethbridge days.

I would think the Broncos next year will be in much the same situation as this year...scratching to get into the playoffs...but much can happen over the summer.
I can see Eetu and Black returning next year, With Eetu taking an overage and an import spot.
Nedomlel signed a 3 year deal with Detroits farm System. Scarlett will be gone and Lowry has yet to work out a deal with Winnepeg. Kind of makes me wonder if Lowry doesn't want to re-enter the draft.
As for Merkley, he is a 17 year old that had to make a big adjustment in coming here. The sky is the limit for him and I'm sure his 18 year old season will be a break out year.

Tiger Trauma
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks! I didn't realize Nedomlel signed a deal.