PDA

View Full Version : Bantam lottery

RWAH
03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Pats win bantam lottery so Vancouver retains first and the Pats now have second overall pick. Any guesses who # 1and #2 will be?

Bighat
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Bonus. Benson or clague 1 or 2. With steel a close 3rd.

Swando
03-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I think you are missing Nolan Patrick. He has to be in the running as a big centerman. I think Benson is consensus #1 and Claig if you need a D # 2 but if you need a forward Patrick is there. Add in Fabbro d and Steele as a small scoring forward you have the top 5

patsdude114
03-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Is there any chance that maybe the Pats & Cougars swap picks & throw in Forsberg & something from us going that way in a trade?

Forsberg doesnt wanna be there, the Pats put together a serious trade offer at trade deadline for him. The Cougars could get a younger roster player to help with there team now (Gay, Ortynski, Mumby, McLean, Schioler) along with maybe a useful 20yr old for them in Ouellette. It could benefit both teams PG needs all the help they can get & they are going to want something for Forsberg even though his stock has dropped im sure after they failed to trade him at deadline.

Swapping positions could benefit both teams, PG prob still gets the guy they actually want at #2 (where the risk of the Pats selecting him) the Pats still move up 1 selection to #3 had they not won the draft they would of been #4, plus the Pats could get Forsberg a guy that would help us ASAP & be the right age group at 18 to go along with Klimchuk, Hunt, Burroughs, Williams, Hand would be a strong 18yr old group. The Cougars get a young roster player to fill the void of Forsberg & possibly another pick (later in draft) &/or a 20yr old.

I hope Lang looks at all possibilities with this pick, moving down a few spots to land a player that could step in right away & help us would be something that he has to look at & ponder about. Especially if its only dropping 1 spot & adding a quality 18yr old in return.

Any thoughts from others?

Trevor
03-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Is there any chance that maybe the Pats & Cougars swap picks & throw in Forsberg & something from us going that way in a trade?

Forsberg doesnt wanna be there, the Pats put together a serious trade offer at trade deadline for him. The Cougars could get a younger roster player to help with there team now (Gay, Ortynski, Mumby, McLean, Schioler) along with maybe a useful 20yr old for them in Ouellette. It could benefit both teams PG needs all the help they can get & they are going to want something for Forsberg even though his stock has dropped im sure after they failed to trade him at deadline.

Swapping positions could benefit both teams, PG prob still gets the guy they actually want at #2 (where the risk of the Pats selecting him) the Pats still move up 1 selection to #3 had they not won the draft they would of been #4, plus the Pats could get Forsberg a guy that would help us ASAP & be the right age group at 18 to go along with Klimchuk, Hunt, Burroughs, Williams, Hand would be a strong 18yr old group. The Cougars get a young roster player to fill the void of Forsberg & possibly another pick (later in draft) &/or a 20yr old.

I hope Lang looks at all possibilities with this pick, moving down a few spots to land a player that could step in right away & help us would be something that he has to look at & ponder about. Especially if its only dropping 1 spot & adding a quality 18yr old in return.

Any thoughts from others?

Even though Forsberg doesn't want to be in PG, he's still worth more than a 1st round pick swap you offered in your scenario, considering the depth at the start of the draft and they'd only move up 1 spot. If they had a mid round 1st then I'd say your trade idea is more balanced. Change it to your 1st for their 2nd maybe??

My guess is they'll be looking to add another 1st round pick, not swap. Since Brandon, Vancouver, and Seattle all have 2 1st round picks this draft, I'd think they have more of what PG might be looking for, if he gets traded draft day.

sbtatter
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Even though Forsberg doesn't want to be in PG, he's still worth more than a 1st round pick swap you offered in your scenario, considering the depth at the start of the draft and they'd only move up 1 spot. If they had a mid round 1st then I'd say your trade idea is more balanced. Change it to your 1st for their 2nd maybe??

My guess is they'll be looking to add another 1st round pick, not swap. Since Brandon, Vancouver, and Seattle all have 2 1st round picks this draft, I'd think they have more of what PG might be looking for, if he gets traded draft day.

I don't think I'd pay too much for Forsberg now, does he have 2 seasons left (3 if he stayed as a 20 year old)?

Trevor
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't think I'd pay too much for Forsberg now, does he have 2 seasons left (3 if he stayed as a 20 year old)?

He's a '95, so he has 2 seasons for sure left in Junior.

sbtatter
03-21-2013, 01:25 PM
He's a '95, so he has 2 seasons for sure left in Junior.

Unless as a 19 year old he made the NHL (unlikely, i know!)

patsdude114
03-21-2013, 04:23 PM

I think you need to re-read ALL of my post again as i did state that it would take more then just a 1st round swap to get him. God i swear people on here only read what they want to read instead of reading a whole post from start to finish & letting it all sink in for a few moments.

Also Forsberg is not worth a top 5 pick anymore, it wasnt like he lite it up in Jr. A he was just a point/game player in a lesser league. If he was such a great talent like he was projected he should of been 1.5 to 2ppg....PG screwed themselves over by not trading him at trade deadline, yet another terrible move by a terrible franchise. They wonder why no 1 comes to there games, well look at how they are ran, they are ran worse then the Pats have been...especially in the Parker GM days.

So i say again go back & re-read ALL of my post there are some key parts in there that stated a young prospect & a pick

Bighat
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know if I would swap picks for forsberg, we are going to have to make a tough desicion if we're going to take a forward or clague. I would offer two 4th round picks and a roster player. PG is hooped forsberg is not going back and his level of play is down.

Bepoleon
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I want us to keep the second overall pick for Clague (or if Van sh*ts the bed and passes on Benson), but I would also like to see Forsberg in a Pats uniform for the second round pick, two roster players.

patsdude114
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Isnt Clague a Dman? we have alot of depth at defense & i think moving down a spot & select Steel would be a better bet for the Pats as we lack offense....no way the Giants pass on Benson if they do there GM should be fired & shot right there.

Still alot of time before the draft & i dont expect Lang to make any decision on the pick at least until the night before the draft. The pick itself is still 2 yrs away from becoming a roster player.

Bepoleon
03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Funny when we held fourth overall, I was thinking we would be picking Steel. I'd still prefer Clague even though he's a D-man. I agree that if Lang wheels and deals he won't until near the draft. Don't we have a high euro pick this year? Would be nice to pick up a tough guy in the off season too.

Bighat
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Take the best player available clague.

Bighat
03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
The more I read on Steele he might be the pick. It's hard to pass on a stud dman though.

mjw22
03-25-2013, 07:43 PM
The more I read on Steele he might be the pick. It's hard to pass on a stud dman though.

Wonder if Lang and Millar swap 1st rounders if we throw in a couple of players . We have 35 signed guys coming to camp next year so maybe we can get Clauge.

RWAH
03-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I agree if Lang deals that #2 pick that will happen close to draft day. I also agree with bighat "Steel" may be a better pick for two years from now than a D man.
Our second round pick is 6th or 28th over all, anyone think Noal Patrick a 6ft 1 in 190 lb forward leading the Winnipeg AAA bantams will still be available or is he gone in the first round?
A sleeper may be Kirk Humphrey playing for Shaunavan, Don't know why he is not playing AAA but his points are light years ahead of any other players in the South West AA Bantam league and half goals and half assists. Could be a good 4th or 5th rounder if he and family are committed.
For what its worth

patsdude114
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
With Burroughs & Williams moving forward & Reagan & Fulton coming in along with Harrison, Nordstrom & Donald still all possiblites of being a Pats player our backend has a lot of potential moving forward. Even with the odds of Donald going NCAA route our defense still looks good.

Our forwards is where we need help, our 16yr olds were very weak this year, we have a better group coming up but this franchise still needs some pure offensive talent as thhey make everyone around them better. Without Weal, Scheidl wouldn't of developed like he did & would be in the AHL right now, he be set for CIS next season only that is if someone wanted him. Weal taught him a lot & made him a much better player with the puck.

I still saay if wehold onto the pick we should take Steele which is why moving down a spot & maybe picking up another pick or throwing in a package deaal & landing another prospect makes more sense. I still have a good feeling Forsberg will be part of a package deal with the swap of picks as a key part of the trade. Now before those Mr. Know It All's jump in and say it will take more then swapping picks to get Forsberg, I know that already which is why I said a package deal (which means more) last time someone jumped all over me cuz they couldn't read a full post (not mentionuing any names)

Bighat
03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Some scouts have Patrick in the top 10 so I doubt he will be around. I think your right there's going to be a package deal for forsberg, but I don't think it will be as good of an offer they had at the deadline.

Derek Sutton
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I agree if Lang deals that #2 pick that will happen close to draft day. I also agree with bighat "Steel" may be a better pick for two years from now than a D man.
Our second round pick is 6th or 28th over all, anyone think Noal Patrick a 6ft 1 in 190 lb forward leading the Winnipeg AAA bantams will still be available or is he gone in the first round?
A sleeper may be Kirk Humphrey playing for Shaunavan, Don't know why he is not playing AAA but his points are light years ahead of any other players in the South West AA Bantam league and half goals and half assists. Could be a good 4th or 5th rounder if he and family are committed.
For what its worth

Patrick will go in the top 10, likely even the top 5. This would be the year to trade down, but do not trade out of the top 3. Even if you don't need D now, Clague is 2 years away, maybe 3. This is a deep draft (vs 97's and the 99's)and a lot of future WHLer's will come out of the later rounds. And some very good players will be available in the 2nd round for sure.

Western Elite
03-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Well said, Nolan Patrick is the best pro prospect in the draft. His late birthday is also very intriguing to a potential suitor as you will automatically get 3 years from him. The draft is very comparable to the 1993 age group draft in that you have 6 players who have separated themselves from the pack but a few others right after could turn out to be just as good with Jost, Malenstyn and perhaps the best leaders of the group in David Quenneville. There are a couple teams believe it or not that have Sam Steel as #1 but Vancouver isn't one of them.

You can probably get a very decent pick up until about 30th overall in this draft.

Trevor
03-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I still saay if wehold onto the pick we should take Steele which is why moving down a spot & maybe picking up another pick or throwing in a package deaal & landing another prospect makes more sense. I still have a good feeling Forsberg will be part of a package deal with the swap of picks as a key part of the trade. Now before those Mr. Know It All's jump in and say it will take more then swapping picks to get Forsberg, I know that already which is why I said a package deal (which means more) last time someone jumped all over me cuz they couldn't read a full post (not mentionuing any names)

I didn't "jump all over you" last time, I just said I don't think PG is looking to swap picks, and is more likely looking to get a package without giving up the 3rd overall selection.

We all expect something to be done regarding Forsberg by the draft. My guess still is that one of the teams with 2 first round picks this draft will land him.

patsdude114
04-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Looking at Forsberg's stats in the playoffs he doesnt look like he was a top 5 WHL bantam pick at all.... yes he is still avg 1point /game but nothing that is showing his true value.

0goals 10assits in 10games in playoffs

7goals 7assists in 14games in regular season

Im thinking this is just driving down his trade value even more in the WHL when he isnt even dominating a lesser league then the WHL. I get that playing with better players in the WHL level can help make him look better as well but a true playmaker which he is should be able to make these SJHL guys look better too which you would think would get him a few more points then he has.

Now with that said i also get that i havent watched a single game of his in the playoffs & dont plan on it either lol just being brutally honest. But going from stats alone maybe he is falling out of the WHL level now, hell that sounds like just the player the Pats want now we are famous for taking other teams scrap players.

The Pats & Calgary Flames run the same ship both take scraps from other teams & both get hosed when trading star players. Those trades the Flames made recently the players coming the Flames way they will be lucky if they turn into 3rd liners as most scouts dont even have them on the NHL radar anymore but yet the Flames took them as key parts of trades. Was Brent Parker making those trades for the Flames??