PDA

View Full Version : 4 Players and how high they will be picked

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Devin Setoguchi Expected to go 12th, Expected to go 42nd Wacey Rabbit, Expected to go 78th Joe Barnes and Dalyn Flatt Expected to go 58th.

fnasmf (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7309)

I think Devin Setoguchi will not go any higher than 12th and maybe he might go a bit lower,Wacey Rabbit at 42nd seems about right cosidering the other talent that is available,Joe Barnes at 78th seems about right he may go a bit higher or lower, Dalyn Flatt at 58th seems about right for a defencemen of his calibre,him ahead of Joe Barnes that is what puzzles me but they do not play the same position so maybe that has something to do with how the NHL scouts follow and observe the player and make their descion of who to go after and the fact they do play different positions and the NHL scouts look for different qualities in every player in every position,This is only what I think. What does everyone else think about these rankings?

D.A.
07-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Don't expect those rankings to translate to reality. I'm not sure where you got them from - the link you provided has Setoguchi at #10, Rabbit at #62, Barnes at #90 and Flatt at #67. But note that those rankings are for North American skaters only. Once you factor in Europeans and goalies, you can almost double those numbers. So expect Setoguchi to go somewhere between #15-20, Rabbit and Flatt to end up somewhere in the 4th round, and Barnes to go in about round 6. Of course, anything could happen...

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
That the Leafs (My favorite NHL Team) take some good WHL talent in the later rounds or even earlier.I think that Wacey Rabbit,Joe Barnes and Dalyn Flatt would all do well in the Leafs system,I am sure if the Leafs picked one or more of these guys, the team would be very pleased. Maybe If Devin Setoguchi is still available when the Leafs pick 21st they could pick him,but they will probably go after someone else,But hey anything can happen like D.A said.