PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

Red celtic
07-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Just read in the Saturday paper that the Rebs training camp is going to open on August 24. This is the earliest opening day I have seen in a long time. Anyway looking forward to camp and will be taking a few days off to watch the boys.

:clap:

Shinyshoes
07-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Just read in the Saturday paper that the Rebs training camp is going to open on August 24. This is the earliest opening day I have seen in a long time. Anyway looking forward to camp and will be taking a few days off to watch the boys.:
Ill be there with you RC. This should be the most competitive camp we have seen since.....last year. ;) Seriously, this should be a very talented camp. looking forward to it.

rdreb
07-24-2005, 05:33 PM
see you both there :clap: :groovy:

Tinner
07-24-2005, 06:12 PM
i'll agree with the idea that it will be a competitive camp, but have concerns about the talent level. Hopefully, the competitiveness transends into skill and talent where its most needed. By the way, will goaltending be as good as we have heard it should be?

Broncs in RD
07-24-2005, 06:18 PM
I think Leslie will do a great job this year. Last year he played really well both in Swift and Red Deer, That being his Rookie year he gained alot of experience especilly getting the playing time he got after coming over from Swift.

Red celtic
07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
i'll agree with the idea that it will be a competitive camp, but have concerns about the talent level. Hopefully, the competitiveness transends into skill and talent where its most needed. By the way, will goaltending be as good as we have heard it should be?

James Reimer is a 17 yesr old goalie coming out of the Manatoba Midget AAA league who was an allstar who had the lowest goals against avg. in that league. The Rebs are very high on Reimer so expect him to make the team and play over 30 games. Who knows maybe he is the next Cam Ward.
:thumb:

Courtney08-
08-22-2005, 06:01 PM
GOOD we need a new goalie!

RDRebelsfan
08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
GOOD we need a new goalie!

what's wrong with Leslie?

Shinyshoes
08-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I Agree...What was wrong with Leslie?? We had been very fortunate to have above average goaltending for the previous few years with Ward, Bendara, and even back to Dustin Schwartz. Now we have a good average tender and everyone is all over him like he lets in 7 goals a game.

I will be quite content with a goaltending tandem of Leslie and Reimer this season. Keep in mind too that they are both young.

RDRebelsfan
08-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I Agree...What was wrong with Leslie?? We had been very fortunate to have above average goaltending for the previous few years with Ward, Bendara, and even back to Dustin Schwartz. Now we have a good average tender and everyone is all over him like he lets in 7 goals a game.

I will be quite content with a goaltending tandem of Leslie and Reimer this season. Keep in mind too that they are both young.

I don't think Ward classifies under above Average in 03-04 that guy was superb!!

Also there were others who did pretty good imo...Michael Garnett and Ben McMullin to name a few.

It's a shame Jennings and Peeters did not develop properly though

She could ahve meant Festa though...he had his up and downs last year.

frontrow fan
08-24-2005, 10:16 PM
maybe she's not talking about their hockey playing skills....?? ;)