PDA

View Full Version : Burroughs

patsdude114
04-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice to see Burroughs getting some recongition after a very strong 2nd half to this past year. Having recorded 4g22a in 35games (I believe that's what I read in the paper) along with a lot of very key minutes game in & game out. The 17yr old surpassed all expections this past year & will take on a very big role next year as our #1 Dman.

Williams ended up falling out of the the North American rankings which really wasn't much of a surprise. He did show a lot of poise & got better each & every game. His biggest knock against him is he isn't physical enough, maybe after a full year under his belt & being the #2 guy this coming year behind Burroughs maybe he will be able to bring abit more physical play. He's a great puck mover, skates well & sees the ice better the any recent Dman at 17yrs old that we have had in the past. It may not be his year for the draft but that doesn't mean next year he won't get drafted.

Look at Myles Bell now with Kelowna he went from being a top prospect at age 17 here in Regina with winning the hardest shot at the top prospects game to not even getting drafted due to a bad summer decision. But Bell has now found himself being rated again in the top 85 with North American skaters but this time as a forward instead of a Dman. It was a bad summer decision that has effected his life forever but it is still nice to see him turning a page & showing that he can still be a top player & get regonized for this past season.

Klimchuk fell to 25th with North American Skaters so he will most likely become a 2nd round pick once you put in all the goalies & euro skaters. Someone will be getting a very good goal scorer in the 2nd round, if Klimchuk ever becomes a better skater whoever selects him will get that much better of a prospect. As his skating is his biggest knock against him......

west coast
04-27-2013, 05:47 PM
i agree with your comments regarding Myles Bell.Hopefully he has his life back on track.His skill level and desire and has made it impossible for the NHL not to notice.His point total in Kelowna was very impressive.