PDA

View Full Version : Blades Potential Lineup for next year...

Trav
05-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Just my thoughts on who could be on the roster...

GOALTENDER (2)

Returnee's

Moodie (18) I think he'll be moved.

Newcomers.

Euro - Won't be surprised if the Blades pick another import goaltender.

FORWARDS (14)

Returnee's

Revel
Graham
Adamson
Stovin
Zajac
Benoit (20)
McColgan (20)
Valcourt (20)
Burns (20)
Astles (20)
Sutter (20) - Likely going pro

Rookies

Import
Adamson (17)
Gomerich (17)
Hebig (16)
Polei (17)
Pruden (17)

Lots of rookies up front most likely. Hopefully the Blades can get some roster players back for their 20's.

DEFENSEMEN (7)

Returnee's

Nogier (17)
Pufahl (20)
Schmidt (20)
Craig (20)
Thrower (20)

Rookies

Hnidy (17)
Kirichenko (17)
Pichorsky (18) ?? If he's still listed

Blades will likely need to acquire some veteran d-men. Thrower and Pufahl likely the only two 20 yr old candidates worth considering to keep.

JMoney1988
05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Good post, I still think letting Gwinner go was a mistake, since he would have got plenty of playing time next season.

Trav
05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Good post, I still think letting Gwinner go was a mistake, since he would have got plenty of playing time next season.

I agree, the whole team stunk in the playoffs yet Molleken was to stubborn to put him in for some reason.

patsdude114
05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't see McColgan, Thrower or Sutter back as 20yr olds, they will all go pro

I hope Lang makes an offer for Valcourt or Beniot (but more Valcourt) we need a big body upfront & we can throw in some Dmen bodies ha take Mumby off our hands please & a decent pick.

Looking at your potential roster looks like the Blades will have the best odds in next yrs draft lottery.

BigCat20
05-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Don't think McColgan or Thrower have signed. Valcourt will prob be the prized 20 yr old. That lotto pick may be in our future......too bad it belongs to Vancouver! We maybe wouldn't be terrible if we could find some solid dmen, very thin/young there next yr. Hope those 2 r back, pretty good trade bait.

patsdude114
05-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Lots of time still for them to be signed, I'm sure both will get some looks from other teams if not signed. If they happen to be back I know I wouldn't want the Pats to even consider trading for them, too big of egos to ruin a locker room & to go along with too much crying.

sbtatter
05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Don't think McColgan or Thrower have signed. Valcourt will prob be the prized 20 yr old. That lotto pick may be in our future......too bad it belongs to Vancouver! We maybe wouldn't be terrible if we could find some solid dmen, very thin/young there next yr. Hope those 2 r back, pretty good trade bait.

Actually, Brandon has the option to switch first round picks with Stoon next season from the Walker deal, so for example, if Bdn has the 12th overall pick and Stoon has the 1st overall pick, Bdn will take the #1 pick, give Stoon the 12th pick which then gets sent to the Giants...

twentyone
05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Actually, Brandon has the option to switch first round picks with Stoon next season from the Walker deal, so for example, if Bdn has the 12th overall pick and Stoon has the 1st overall pick, Bdn will take the #1 pick, give Stoon the 12th pick which then gets sent to the Giants...

????? I don't remember a 1st rnd pick involved in this trade. According to whl.ca the tansaction was Walker and a Cond. 2nd rnd pick '13 to saskatoon for saskatoon's 2nd '12, 2nd '13 and 3rd '14.

JMoney1988
05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Didn't we offer a first round pick in the Brayden Schenn deal or was that just for this year?

sbtatter
05-11-2013, 07:29 AM
????? I don't remember a 1st rnd pick involved in this trade. According to whl.ca the tansaction was Walker and a Cond. 2nd rnd pick '13 to saskatoon for saskatoon's 2nd '12, 2nd '13 and 3rd '14.

I think there is also the option for Bdn to swap the 2 teams picks in the 1st round, 2014 draft

Crush Kill Destroy
05-11-2013, 02:58 PM

The Saskatoon Blades are pleased to announce the acquisition of forward Brenden Walker from the Brandon Wheat Kings.

In exchange for Walker, the Blades surrender a 2nd round pick in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft, a 2nd round pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and a 3rd round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. The deal also gives Brandon a right to swap 1st round picks in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.

Trav
05-11-2013, 04:21 PM
McCrimmon must have something on all the gm's. How he makes lopsided deals all the time is beyond me. The deal for Walker was way to much, as was Schenn. Brandon getting Clague for Boes and the 17th was a friggin joke.

Blades used to have good prospects but now I don't see a whole lot coming thanks to giving up bunch of good picks and prospects.

sbtatter
05-12-2013, 08:36 AM
McCrimmon must have something on all the gm's. How he makes lopsided deals all the time is beyond me. The deal for Walker was way to much, as was Schenn. Brandon getting Clague for Boes and the 17th was a friggin joke.

Blades used to have good prospects but now I don't see a whole lot coming thanks to giving up bunch of good picks and prospects.

Walker sure didn't come across as a very good captain in the TV series, did he. That was maybe the most bizarre coaching move of the season, make a brand new guy who wasn't captain material, captain, then make him choose his assistants, all the while with the previous captain still on the team.

Trav
05-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Really I don't see any potential captain's on the team next year. Actually there's one but I doubt he gets it, that being Zajac. Benoit as well if they keep him which they should. Their the two hardest working players on the team and don't have big ego's like some of the other's.

The Wheatiemaniac
05-13-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't see McColgan, Thrower or Sutter back as 20yr olds, they will all go pro

I hope Lang makes an offer for Valcourt or Beniot (but more Valcourt) we need a big body upfront & we can throw in some Dmen bodies ha take Mumby off our hands please & a decent pick.

Looking at your potential roster looks like the Blades will have the best odds in next yrs draft lottery.

Last spring's deal for Brendan Walker included the right to switch picks with Saskatoon. Plus they already traded it to Vancouver in the Nathan Burns deal if I'm not mistaken. So I guess that may mean we will be in a great spot in the draft again next year. Because I highly doubt KM will be trading away out 1st Rounder this season.

The Wheatiemaniac
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM

I am of the belief that this will be Molleken's last year in charge of the Blades.

As for Kelly McCrimmon, last year's deal for Kevin Sundher stung us pretty hard. The real McCrimmon is back on track.

I am, however, quietly rooting for you guys to win the Mem Cup. Be nice to see Walker and Ferland getting one more shot at it.

Good luck.

twentyone
05-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Just a hunch.

Anyone notice that as soon as Glen Gulutzen got fired from Dallas the Blades brought him in to help them during the memorial cup.

My theory is that after the memorial cup Lorne Molleken steps down as head coach and Glen gulutzen is his replacement. As an ex-Blade's player who has head coaching experience would be a good fit.

I am betting that Lorne stays on as GM. As much as people want him fired think about his GM portion of his role. He turned this franchise around after the 7 win season and has had 5 40 win seasons in a row. He always assembles a competetive team, He has drafted well and has made some decent trades over the years. The problem with his teams has been playoffs and that's where I think his coaching falls short. I would like to see him saty as a GM and the Blades to go out and find a new coach to rebuild this team back starting next year.

Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

sbtatter
05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Just a hunch.

Anyone notice that as soon as Glen Gulutzen got fired from Dallas the Blades brought him in to help them during the memorial cup.

My theory is that after the memorial cup Lorne Molleken steps down as head coach and Glen gulutzen is his replacement. As an ex-Blade's player who has head coaching experience would be a good fit.

I am betting that Lorne stays on as GM. As much as people want him fired think about his GM portion of his role. He turned this franchise around after the 7 win season and has had 5 40 win seasons in a row. He always assembles a competetive team, He has drafted well and has made some decent trades over the years. The problem with his teams has been playoffs and that's where I think his coaching falls short. I would like to see him saty as a GM and the Blades to go out and find a new coach to rebuild this team back starting next year.

Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Not sure his trades have been good, look at what he's given up in the Schenn and Walker trades....

twentyone
05-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Not sure his trades have been good, look at what he's given up in the Schenn and Walker trades....

To get a guy like Schenn quality it wasn't that bad. That team was as good as they come in junior. Again only to have playoff disapointment.

What about the Setoguchi trade for Elliot and Siemens.

Some other trades that worked great:
Viedensky
Langkow (3rd & 6th)
Chris Collins - (gogol)
Connor Cox
Pufhal
Hulak
Brad Cole (7th)

Undrafted Players he signed and developed:
Dietz
Zemlak
Sam Klassen
Wintoneak
Dziurzinski

European Draft
Niemi
Khudobin
Makarov
Stransky

You cant say Lorne molleken hasn't done a good job as a GM. He has had good teams just poorly coached at times.

sbtatter
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
The only trades I know about closely are with Bdn, and he overpaid a lot for Schenn and walker, paid about right for Ferland, and skinned Crim on Dryzinski..