PDA

View Full Version : Pats ownership call for press conference at 2pm tomorrow.

Bepoleon
05-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Selling the team>Letting Lang go.

patsdude114
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
it better be selling the team, i cant see them calling a press conference involving the ownership just to let the GM go, plus they gave Lang an extention just last season.

Lang is doing a great job rebuilding this franchise he had nothing to work with when he took the job & he is slowly building it back to being respectable. The on ice success hasnt happened yet but this yr will be his what 2nd draft class to be able to make the roster? It is a slow process to rebuild especially when u had nothing to begin with besides Klimchuk.

west coast
05-13-2013, 07:27 PM
interesting.....a new ownership would certainly mean big changes in all areas including the end of the Lang era

patsdude114
05-13-2013, 08:55 PM
It wouldnt necessarily mean the end of the Lang era per say sometimes there is conditions put towards sales as well.

I guess its the waiting game til tomorrow at 2pm to see what this big annoucment is :)

west coast
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
so did Brent Parker finally feel bad enough about running the team into the ground .....that he finally stepped down.

patsdude114
05-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Abit of a let down in a way but it is still nice to finally have Brent out of the way fully with this organization. Lang has paid his dues in the WHL with 3 organizations (MJ, BRN, REG) he has done a great job in the slow rebuild process with the Pats. Some think its a step back with having Conacher step down but i truely believe it is a big step forward for our on ice development.

Lang has made nurmerous trades over the yrs to try to restock the cupboards that Brent emptied. Bringing in guys like Ouellette, Underwood, Jobke, Fenske, Marinicin, Hak, Samoridny to name a few. Some guys were only here for a short time, others have had an impact & turned into quality players within there role. A guy like Ouellette was brought in 3 yrs ago in 2010-11 season after making the Tigers but wasnt enough ice for him to truely develop. Ouellette has turned into a solid PK & checking role player who has showed some offensive side at times.

Lang hasnt even put his stamp on this team as of yet as its still in the rebuild. After this season the team will need to see big improvements or all his effort will have been for nothing. This year i do believe we will be around the 4th/5th/6th spot. There is talent on our roster which is of course lead by Klimchuk & Stephenson with a decent castoff with Stevenson, McCoy, Chirstoffer, Ouellette, Burroughs & Williams. Hoping a guy like Hunt, Rodewald or Samoridny can take on bigger roles this year.

Im really looking forward to the Spring Camp at the end of the month with the prospects coming in to play scrimmages among there peers. As fans we get to see what we will have in a few years time, see which players will really step up & some will be capable of pushing for a roster spot this season.

Bocephus
05-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Was Lang the one who chose not to trade Tuebert and Eberle?

Madmax
05-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Abit of a let down in a way but it is still nice to finally have Brent out of the way fully with this organization. Lang has paid his dues in the WHL with 3 organizations (MJ, BRN, REG) he has done a great job in the slow rebuild process with the Pats. Some think its a step back with having Conacher step down but i truely believe it is a big step forward for our on ice development.

Lang has made nurmerous trades over the yrs to try to restock the cupboards that Brent emptied. Bringing in guys like Ouellette, Underwood, Jobke, Fenske, Marinicin, Hak, Samoridny to name a few. Some guys were only here for a short time, others have had an impact & turned into quality players within there role. A guy like Ouellette was brought in 3 yrs ago in 2010-11 season after making the Tigers but wasnt enough ice for him to truely develop. Ouellette has turned into a solid PK & checking role player who has showed some offensive side at times.

Lang hasnt even put his stamp on this team as of yet as its still in the rebuild. After this season the team will need to see big improvements or all his effort will have been for nothing. This year i do believe we will be around the 4th/5th/6th spot. There is talent on our roster which is of course lead by Klimchuk & Stephenson with a decent castoff with Stevenson, McCoy, Chirstoffer, Ouellette, Burroughs & Williams. Hoping a guy like Hunt, Rodewald or Samoridny can take on bigger roles this year.

Im really looking forward to the Spring Camp at the end of the month with the prospects coming in to play scrimmages among there peers. As fans we get to see what we will have in a few years time, see which players will really step up & some will be capable of pushing for a roster spot this season.

Just curious as to why it is a let down that parker is out? I would be thrilled. The next step is to put the Pats up for sale and I know 2 ex players that are very anxious to buy.

Fight Guy
05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Just curious as to why it is a let down that parker is out? I would be thrilled. The next step is to put the Pats up for sale and I know 2 ex players that are very anxious to buy.
The press conference was a let down because the team wasn't sold...which was the general consensus/hope of most fans.

trucker
05-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm sure BP on a personal level is a great guy...but I am going to miss picking on you guys because of him. Probably the best decision for your team is change, and you received that today.

Madmax
05-14-2013, 06:50 PM
The press conference was a let down because the team wasn't sold...which was the general consensus/hope of most fans.

Well I think that day is coming soon. Hang in there.

patsdude114
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM

Its not a let down that he is out that part is good, but what would of been great had the team been sold. Im guessing thats the next step since Russ Parker's son no longer will be employeed in the hockey world he can move on & sell the team next year.

RWAH
05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
I want to take a moment to thank Brent Parker for the 18 years of dedication. IMO Brent got too close to the players and that is why he could not pull the trigger on a Eberle/Tuelbert trade and that was very detrimental to the hockey club. However Brent did what he did for what he thought was the betterment of the hockey club and the players and he should be respected for that.
When you look back at what this team was when Hickie sold the Parkers (Brent) have improved the team. in alot of ways. I agree the on ice record is much less than it shoul be.
For all you posters who want new owners , a word of caution as the devil you know may be better than the devil you don't. The parkers have not been afraid to increase staff or change the mamagement structure to try to get a better on ice product. As PD114 posted Chad L is on the right path but when he was hired we were very weak on talent and prospects (BP was incharge when that happened) but he has re-stocked the cupboard with somo good trades and the last two drafts

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
05-15-2013, 12:05 PM
You cannot be serious.

Its been 20 years of driving the oldest franchise in junior hockey's name straight into the ground to make a profit. The only dedication came from squeezing this sponge for every drop and pinching every possible penny. The fans are seen as money dispensers, otherwise they wouldve hired a real GM 10 years ago at least, or brought Habscheid on board as GM/coach instead of the bargain bin cheap Derkatch for a possible contender team.

Know that anything and everything these pigs have done is to make more money. Thats why there is barely white left on the ice, except for inbetween the writing on each advertisement. That's why they retired Eberle's jersey early...to make the money off of it while he is still a hot topic instead of letting the next ownership group capitalize on that during a, you know, acceptable time to retire a jersey. And for that matter, thats why they didnt trade Eberle or Teubert.

This team has accomplished literally nothing in years and now nobody under 80 years old cares about the pats. But the parkers made a killing.

and the same general theme is why they still linger around. They dump Brent(from his position at least) and put a new face on so they can maybe get some more wallets back in the stands. If that doesnt work(it will), then *maybe* theyll sell the team.

patsdude114
05-15-2013, 04:47 PM
I agree with what u said SAJ but the thing is if they were smart (which is very hard to tell) they would let Lang continue what he is growing here, cuz we will return to a respectable franchise. It wont happen over night thats forsure but i do believe that this is the 1st step in that. The next step is letting Lang finish what he has started & we will return into the playoffs further then the 1st round.

If Brent would of been smart over the years he was GM he would of sacrificed missing the playoffs for a year or 2 to build a quality team that could of went deep into the playoffs for a couple yrs in a row. Instead his ego got too big & he needed to make the playoffs every year to impress daddy. Altho it would of impressed him even more in the pocket had he missed a year or 2 & gone deeper & created a bigger buzz in the city about the team.

Also 1 last thing......no 1 goes into business to lose money. Say what you want about them wanting to make money, that was the soul purpose they bought the team was to make money. They bought the team back almost 20yrs ago for around 1 to 1.5million & today franchises in cities our size go for around 5 to 7 million so they will come away from this all laughing anyways.

The Parker's saved this franchise almost 20yrs ago & put people's butts in the seats & still to this day they still put 3000-3500 in the seats on a nightly basis. Alot of franchises would love that kind of support. I cant remember what year it was that we had a very good team (its been so long ago) but that year we avg over 5000 a night. Good teams fill seats & fill there pockets, it will happen again but no 1 will care about filling the Parker's pockets as fans we will care about a quality team....finally lol

RWAH
05-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Cut the guy some slack. All I am saying is the Parkers bought a franchise that was in trouble and from there they have turned it into a success. (don't jump yet) Not a success on the ice. not a success in wins and losses. But a franchise that is on solid ground were there is a line up to but it.

Brent was not a good GM. I was just thinling and I can not recall a good trade. but that could be another thread. He did however do things that he thought would improve the hockey team. the on ice product. We should be upset at Russ and his wife for not firing their son or at lest moving him upstairs sooner.

If the only goal was to make more money why would they fire coaches that still had contracts. Why would Brent become President and hire a GM. Whywould they change from 2 full time coaches and a part-timer to 3 full and a part-timer all those moves substancially increased the expense.

As PD114 posted they are in the bussiness to make money. I also agree that Chad Lang has the ship headed in the right direction but dividens are 2 or 3 years away.

Fight Guy
05-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Parker really isn't a bad guy, or an idiot for that matter. He just should never have gotten involved with the hockey side. We all know he barely knew what he was doing as GM, but on the business side, he put fans back in the seats and turned the franchise around. Now almost 20 years later, that 180 has almost turned into a full 360. I feel he got way too involved with the media and put all the focus on himself (rather than the kids) but with that, he has now become public enemy #1 in the Pats org...which before it was mostly just everyone who didn't cheer for the Pats. Really, he should have been fired or promoted (lol) sooner. It doesn't take 15 years to know you're not a good GM.

All in all, I like where the team is going now. Brent is out of the picture and can no longer be a distraction. I have faith in Lang as he has, thus far, done a great job restocking the cupboards and the farm. In a few years, we will see just what kind of impact Lang has had. Not to mention, Malcolm Cameron seems like a better fit (credentials/experience wise) to coach the Pats.

A lot more optimistic these past couple weeks. And, going from the article in the Leader-Post, my guess is that if the team does not improve over the next few years, the Parker's will then be looking to sell. They still want to see more success before they sell, so I feel the result of these next few years are what will decide that.