PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Blades Memorial Cup Thread

JMoney1988
05-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I might as well get this started since a couple of people asked for it. The field is set, here's how we got there:

Halifax Mooseheads defeated Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-2
London Knights defeated Barrie Colts 4-3(down 3-1)
Portland Winterhawks defeated Edmonton Oil Kings 4-2
Saskatoon Blades (Host) were defeated 4-0 by Medicine Hat Tigers

Looks like a tall task at hand with all three number 1 teams from each league, will the rest pay off or be there downfall, we will see...........

sbtatter
05-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I might as well get this started since a couple of people asked for it. The field is set, here's how we got there:

Halifax Mooseheads defeated Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-2
London Knights defeated Barrie Colts 4-3(down 3-1)
Portland Winterhawks defeated Edmonton Oil Kings 4-2
Saskatoon Blades (Host) were defeated 4-0 by Medicine Hat Tigers

Looks like a tall task at hand with all three number 1 teams from each league, will the rest pay off or be there downfall, we will see...........

The fate of the Blades rests squarely on Makarov's play, only he can win this for Saskatoon imo....

patsdude114
05-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Im making my prediction now....

London Knights win it all in saskatchewan

Quarter Century Fan
05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
I am picking Portland to win the Memorial cup and the Blades to not win any games. I think Makarov is a great 1st save goalie but when I have seen him play in Swift he doesn't control rebounds very well.

Bighat
05-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Portland vs Halifax. Portland wins mem cup. Blades will win 1 game vs London. London is tired and beat up.

the Royal Flush
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I am a Blades fan until they are punted. Then I am on the Halifax bandwagon.

the Royal Flush
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Okay boys...where is the CNH training centre? Is it close to the arena?

saskatoonman
05-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Okay boys...where is the CNH training centre? Is it close to the arena?

Very close to the arena, 5 minute walk.

Madmax
05-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I am a Blades fan until they are punted. Then I am on the Halifax bandwagon.

X 2 with the Blades and Portland as the 2nd choice.

the Royal Flush
05-14-2013, 06:13 PM
X 2 with the Blades and Portland as the 2nd choice.

If you are an old school Victoria Cougars fan. You cant pull for Portland. Its just the way she goes.

Madmax
05-14-2013, 06:46 PM
If you are an old school Victoria Cougars fan. You cant pull for Portland. Its just the way she goes.

I used to work for the Victoria Cougars. Al Patterson was the GM back then. Moved over to Tri Cities with him. I understand the Portland thing. I'm cheering for them because I believe they got a raw deal from the league and its going to be a very long time before they will be back.

trucker
05-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Macaronie has a poor showing in the tournament. Lord Stanley needs numerous boxes of tissues to wipe away tears. And the Blades closest game is a loss by at least two goals.

Trav
05-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I used to work for the Victoria Cougars. Al Patterson was the GM back then. Moved over to Tri Cities with him. I understand the Portland thing. I'm cheering for them because I believe they got a raw deal from the league and its going to be a very long time before they will be back.

Portland will b decent the next couple years. They got some solid prospect's that will take over next yr. Bittner, Iverson, De Leo and Bjorkstrand. They could have Pouliot back next yr as well.

Trevor
05-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Look for the Q to win 3 in a row, I really don't think anyone can stop Halifax. If anyone can it will be Portland.

MooseManiac
05-15-2013, 11:46 AM
I certanly hope so. Hate to miss first week but will be there Tues 21 with 4 other moose maniacs. Hoping to have a blast in Saskatoon, first time there

Go Moose Go :bounce::bounce::bounce:

SimonTemplar
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM
These tourneys rarely go as people expect. Portland and London look the most tested already while Halifax played a bunch of zero's on route. If any of you think those east Quebec teams that Halifax beat up on are on par with the Edmonton, Kamloops, Plymouth, Kitchener or Barrie your dreaming.

London are Portland are battle ready and will likely show it.

At the end of this deal a rested Blades team may yet be heard from as injuries mount for visitors. I think London might actually arrive with everyone ready to go...Portland may be missing one guy.

Halifax after their walk in the park should be fine......but are they ready for these physical poundings about to come...we'll see.

In a Dud setting rules dictate play and London love physical hockey as do Winterhawks. Saskatoon has some beef so please fplks ignore the media buzz with the Moose until they play a couple.

I attended Shawinigan last spring and kept hearing how the Sea Dogs would run that young London team over......5-2 Knight's and they were the physical team throwing guys against the glass every shift.

Enjoy and GL to all.

MooseManiac
05-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Hey Peeps

I have 4 tickets section 19 row 8 seats 1-4 game Blades vs Knights.
Make me an offer tickets are hard copy and we couried them to Sask.
Be quick Ill be waiting to hear best bid wins.
send bids to gfollett@eastlink.ca

:groovy::groovy::groovy:Go Moose Go:groovy::groovy::groovy:

patsdude114
05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I must say was a great gaame to watch, the Knights skated circles around the Blades though. The Blades struggled to keep up, & the PP by the Knights gained momemteum all game long, Makarov made 5 huge saves on that 5on3 thaat kept the Blades in & gave them some momemteum but outside of that the Knights controlled the game all night long.

Blades are in tough now as they must win the next 2 to have any hope

Madmax
05-17-2013, 11:16 PM
I must say was a great gaame to watch, the Knights skated circles around the Blades though. The Blades struggled to keep up, & the PP by the Knights gained momemteum all game long, Makarov made 5 huge saves on that 5on3 thaat kept the Blades in & gave them some momemteum but outside of that the Knights controlled the game all night long.

Blades are in tough now as they must win the next 2 to have any hope

Of course the Blades were in tough and were out played tonight. That's to be expected when they haven't played for real in 6 weeks. With all that against them they still had a chance to win. Makarov stole games for them all season and will have to do it again in the MC for them to have any chance. It can be done though. 1 win could make the playoff round. Long way to go yet.

mjw22
05-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Talent beats toughness every time now days . Lorne is the only one who cant figure it out. Hes a dinasour from the 70's . I was at the game and london was light years ahead on talent. Big daddy ferland was a non factor again lol .if macaroni doesnt play the way he did its 8 - 2.blades d men were overwhelmed all night. Looking forward to sat game.

Madmax
05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Talent beats toughness every time now days . Lorne is the only one who cant figure it out. Hes a dinasour from the 70's . I was at the game and london was light years ahead on talent. Big daddy ferland was a non factor again lol .if macaroni doesnt play the way he did its 8 - 2.blades d men were overwhelmed all night. Looking forward to sat game.

But the Knights had defeat in their eyes according to Nichols. The guy scored two goals and floated all night. I don't think Josh knows the difference between determination and fear. As for Lorne, I'm afraid your right.

the Royal Flush
05-18-2013, 09:18 AM
The Blades are a very lazy team and their work ethic is nil. Few blocked shots or big hits,they just go about things with very little emotion. Makarov kept it from being 7-2 but he was let down by a team that does not like to go the extra mile.

The part that pisses me is that they are a BIG team and are not using this advantage. Pound in the corners and if you are gonna take a penalty...make it a good one!

Tonights game should be a real good one!

patsdude114
05-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I have a buddy in London & that was a comment he made to me during our texts while watching the game he said 'for as big as the Blades are you'd think they work a lot harder to keep up'

After the 1st 10mins of the game another comment he made was 'were skating circles around them & they are not creative with the puck at all. So boring to watch'. That's when I fired back with 'you'd get up & leave a pats game then cuz under conacher we were by far the most boringest team in the league'

Looking forward to tonights game, 2 teams who have a lot of fire power & the top 3 picks in this yrs draft will be on the same ice. Should get very interesting

MooseManiac
05-18-2013, 12:14 PM
:clap::clap::clap:Go Moose Go:clap::clap:

mjw22
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Lorne and his laughable losers are now on a 13 game losing steak in the post season. This is more embarrasing as it goes for the league. This host crap has to end put in the 3 league winners and a wild card the team with the best winning % after those 3 regardless of which league its from. You then have the top 4 CHL teams instead of the joke its become this year and last.

the Royal Flush
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
I cant believe the chick screwed up "The Star Spangled Banner"...thats embarrassing!

mjw22
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
I cant believe the chick screwed up "The Star Spangled Banner"...thats embarrassing!

Lol another feather in Saskatoons cap. No sell out for game one either.tons of empty seats tonight.

sbtatter
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Was that Peppers sister in law?

mjw22
05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Was that Peppers sister in law?

Lol maybe . Halifax looks to be the team to beat. Carruth is having a tough night .

Quarter Century Fan
05-18-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure why Carruth is still in the net? He is not covering either post and has been easy to beat through the 5 hole this game! I hope they start the 3rd with another goalie!!:o

the Royal Flush
05-18-2013, 09:40 PM
WOW!!! Halifax are real good!

patsdude114
05-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Im definately still think London is going to win this, altho the Mooseheads put up goals tonight i think London's speed is top notch, they looked alot faster then the Mooseheads & London has alot of scoring depth.

The Blades must be scared as hell to face the Mooseheads after how they scored at will on Portland. Makarov better be just as sharp as he was against the Knights of that game will be over in the 1st period.

Saskatoon is not a hockey town, they may produce alot of WHLers from there minor league system but they dont stand behind an event unless the home team is playing....& even then with the Blades they are not doing it either.

I dont see a sell out happening at all unless the Blades happen to be in the final.

Madmax
05-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Lol another feather in Saskatoons cap. No sell out for game one either.tons of empty seats tonight. Ive been around the city the last 2 days and you wouldnt know the MC was even here. Nice choice for a host city .

Maybe check your map again. Maybe you don't know its here, but we sure do. Lots of great things happening in various bars and eating establishments last night till the wee hours of this morning. We all took in 4 such events including down at Hudsons with the 89 Blades team members. Have had a blast meeting fans from all over Canada. maybe your stuck in the A&W drive through?

mjw22
05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=mjw22;190846]Well we went to a few places maybe the wrong ones. Fanfest was alright but the rest we will check out like hudsons.we drove around today down on broadway and areas south of there. Very nice lots of parks etc streets you can drive on without needing a 4x4 unlike regina lol overall seems like a well kept city. Maybe we should get MM for a tour guide lol again very nice place. By the way your team still sucks:D

mjw22
05-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I was reading the article on the blades in the MC book where Lorne calls his team mental midgets after losing to MH. With his sad playoff and MC record I would think that term would apply to him . :D well tough test tonight so "pull yer heads outta yer arses put the work boots on and lets f@#king get to work .lmfao

Madmax
05-19-2013, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=mjw22;190846]Well we went to a few places maybe the wrong ones. Fanfest was alright but the rest we will check out like hudsons.we drove around today down on broadway and areas south of there. Very nice lots of parks etc streets you can drive on without needing a 4x4 unlike regina lol overall seems like a well kept city. Maybe we should get MM for a tour guide lol again very nice place. By the way your team still sucks:D

Hey, its ok to slag the team but not the city. Not sure how long your in town for, but please enjoy the city and the hockey. And for all those slagging Saskatoon and its citizens because the American National Anthem was screwed up, give it a rest. How the hell is it our fault? If anything we should be getting a pat on the back for saving it. Enjoy the game tonight everyone.

chalk_one_up
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Halifax didn't look any better against Portland than Kamloops. In fact, had Carruth made some saves and not **** the bed, we'd be talking about how well Portland played and how they would be the odds on favourite after that performance. I thought Portland took it to Halifax for stretches and if Mac can get those saves, I'm sure Portland will be exacting some revenge. I just don't see Carruth putting in the same poor performance back-to-back or again in the tourney. Nothing better to motivate a team than getting torched, being sanctioned and wanting to kill the world. If they meet again, don't be shocked to see Portland and Carruth put in their best performance of the season.

Went to Fan Fest, that was a sad display and of course you can't enjoy something without the BMO twits trying to coax you into a Mastercard. There were more beer vendors than actual things for families/children to do. A big building and only 1/12th was for the Fans. Attendance was sad. In a tournament like this, it is important to attend every game and not just the hometown games. It's called being the best hosts and striving to put together the best MC ever.

Trav
05-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Blades r playing well but someone needs to just pound Lewis from Halifax, twice he laid two dirty hits on Nicholls. He should go after Astles or Ferland if he wants to b a tough guy.

chalk_one_up
05-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Way to go Blades. Hate that little puke MacKinnon/Lewis.

Bighat
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Good game tonite but another disappointing crowd by Saskatoon. We drove up from regina for yesterday's game and I can't believe the rink isn't full. When it was in regina the dome was full and the parties were packed. Now that toon won a game I hope the fans come out, by the way talked to a lot of people from all over the country who are in town for the cup.

ofhdhdy
05-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Good game tonite but another disappointing crowd by Saskatoon. We drove up from regina for yesterday's game and I can't believe the rink isn't full. When it was in regina the dome was full and the parties were packed. Now that toon won a game I hope the fans come out, by the way talked to a lot of people from all over the country who are in town for the cup.

Congrats on filling a 6200 seat arena. Not sure if you noticed but Saskatoon's seats about 10,000 more than that. Open your eyes.

patsdude114
05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Good game by the blades today, that's the only gaame I was/will be cheering for the blades as I can't stand the french league.

That comment about Regina filling the dome when we hosted it was plain pointless though, especially when you consider the differences in the sizes of the rinks, altho still some poor crowds in the lower bowl though, the lower part should be sold out the upper deck is where the empties should be.

The-Stove
05-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Great game tonight. Loved the atmosphere. I got 2 blades jerseys for sale. One is a game worn old style pacman jersey that belongs to Warman native Chad Klassan, and I got a new style pacman jersey (navy blue, with gold trim). I also got a Stick from the 2005 subway series. Send me a message. The only one with a set price is the klassan jersey because it was sold for 275 and we would like 400. Other than that send in your best offer.

Sorry if this upsets anyone. Thought I should post it here.

ofhdhdy
05-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Good game by the blades today, that's the only gaame I was/will be cheering for the blades as I can't stand the french league.

That comment about Regina filling the dome when we hosted it was plain pointless though, especially when you consider the differences in the sizes of the rinks, altho still some poor crowds in the lower bowl though, the lower part should be sold out the upper deck is where the empties should be.

To poor for lower bowl tickets LOL. Wish I could've bought a package for the tourney, but it sucks when you have too work nights and don't know which games you'll be scheduled for. This was the only game I was planning too go to but now I'm pretty sure I'll be there Wednesday.

twentyone
05-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Halifax didn't look any better against Portland than Kamloops. In fact, had Carruth made some saves and not **** the bed, we'd be talking about how well Portland played and how they would be the odds on favourite after that performance. I thought Portland took it to Halifax for stretches and if Mac can get those saves, I'm sure Portland will be exacting some revenge. I just don't see Carruth putting in the same poor performance back-to-back or again in the tourney. Nothing better to motivate a team than getting torched, being sanctioned and wanting to kill the world. If they meet again, don't be shocked to see Portland and Carruth put in their best performance of the season.

Went to Fan Fest, that was a sad display and of course you can't enjoy something without the BMO twits trying to coax you into a Mastercard. There were more beer vendors than actual things for families/children to do. A big building and only 1/12th was for the Fans. Attendance was sad. In a tournament like this, it is important to attend every game and not just the hometown games. It's called being the best hosts and striving to put together the best MC ever.

Go to the midtown mall. They have a hockey hall of fame display. As for the fan fest stuff I was at the MC in Brandon and it was the exact same stuff. To a tee. Same games, similar display with all the chl teams etc. but Brandon had the hall of fame stuff in the same facility,

chalk_one_up
05-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Go to the midtown mall. They have a hockey hall of fame display. As for the fan fest stuff I was at the MC in Brandon and it was the exact same stuff. To a tee. Same games, similar display with all the chl teams etc. but Brandon had the hall of fame stuff in the same facility,

See I didn't know about that, so unless that was being advertised, which it wasn't, I had no clue. Unfortunate.

MooseManiac
05-20-2013, 07:36 AM

Do you still believe that LOL. Great game Blades:clap:

Madmax
05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
See I didn't know about that, so unless that was being advertised, which it wasn't, I had no clue. Unfortunate.

Its been advertised all over the place for months. Go on line to the MC website. They have everything there. I don't think they have the complaint department there though. By your other posts it seems that's what you were looking for?

chalk_one_up
05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Its been advertised all over the place for months. Go on line to the MC website. They have everything there. I don't think they have the complaint department there though. By your other posts it seems that's what you were looking for?

I kick myself for not checking out the site now.

Madmax
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I kick myself for not checking out the site now.

This event is what everyone attending makes it. Its just not the organizing committee or the citizens of Saskatoon, its the fans and everyone. If everyone just keeps harping on the negatives then it won't be much fun at all. Just go out and enjoy and have a good time with what is available. Its over next Sunday.

chalk_one_up
05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I was only in town for the one day.

MooseManiac
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
This event is what everyone attending makes it. Its just not the organizing committee or the citizens of Saskatoon, its the fans and everyone. If everyone just keeps harping on the negatives then it won't be much fun at all. Just go out and enjoy and have a good time with what is available. Its over next Sunday.

Thats right on. It is a sport which we as Canadiens enjoy to the Max, and I dont' just refer to on ice. Have a great time everone./ Hoping to meet some of you fans out there youll see us in sect 19 for the remainder of Memorial Cup

:clap::clap::clap:GO MOOSE GO:clap::clap::clap:

Bighat
05-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Regina held 7700 for mem cup and if we could hold 15000 the fans would have come out, oh just like the riders.

franchise
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
If The Blades defeat Portland and Halifax beats London, won't that put the Blades in the final? Blades and Halifax would be 2-1 while Portland and London would be 1-2. Having beaten Halifax with whom Saskatoon would then be tied at 2-1 they would finish first...wouldn't they?
So Portland would play London to see who plays Halifax in the semi - the winner then playing Saskatoon in the final. I might be way wrong here but I am just posing the question.

patsdude114
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
What an embarrassing crowd tonite at the CUC, was there even 4000 people there tonite?

Great hockey game though, some highlight reel goals on both sides of the puck :) Carruth looked very worried when LDN tied the game at 3-3 in a way I was hoping LDN was going to win just to shut Carruth up, that guy really needs to keep his mouth shut & just stop the puck.

I still think LDN is going to win the MemCup but I am cheering for Portland as I want the WHL to win again

Madmax
05-20-2013, 10:18 PM
What an embarrassing crowd tonite at the CUC, was there even 4000 people there tonite?

Great hockey game though, some highlight reel goals on both sides of the puck :) Carruth looked very worried when LDN tied the game at 3-3 in a way I was hoping LDN was going to win just to shut Carruth up, that guy really needs to keep his mouth shut & just stop the puck.

I still think LDN is going to win the MemCup but I am cheering for Portland as I want the WHL to win again

Game was very boring till the 3rd period. If I buy a ticket, but decide to stay home have I supported the event? And the crowd was 7800, not 4000. Where you there? You have now said that Saskatoon is not a hockey town, even though the city put the WJHC on the world map and made the tournament what it is today. Now you say what an embarrassment the crowds are, but we will have the second largest attendance in tournament history in the end. Your either a very hard person to please or you don't know what your talking about. Check out the semi final and final ticket prices. Best seats $150 for the semi and $178 for the final. The round robin games have been over $100. Gouging for Jr hockey is partly why its empty. Its not affordable for a lot of fans. But I'm curious where your seats are. Betting they are in front of the TV watching Sportsnet.

Andrej_The_Giant
05-20-2013, 11:06 PM
I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if its already been asked, but is there any particular reason why there's so many empty seats? Watching the Portland - London game right now (DVR'd it earlier, had to work) and there's so many unfilled seats for two of the most exciting teams in junior hockey. I know it's not the Blades but man.. :confused:

The-Stove
05-21-2013, 07:30 AM
I am sick and tired of people complaining about the attendance. So lets do some comparison. I will go back to the first sportsnet televised tournament .

Saskatoon-15,190
Shawinigan-4,300 (Total attendance of 40 373
Mississauga-5,420 (Total attendance of 48 248)
Brandon-5,102 (Total attendance of 42 204)
Rimouski-5,062 (Total attendance of 41 440)
Kitchner-7,771 (Total attendance of 53 545)
Vancouver-16,281 (Total attendance of 121 000)
Moncton-6,554 (Total attendance of 62 423)
London-9,100 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Kelowna-6,007 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Quebec City-15,176 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Guelph-5,195 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Regina-6,136 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Halifax-10,595 (Couldnt find total attendance)
Ottawa-9,862 (Couldnt find total attendance)

So in the last couple of days we would of filled every arena 9 out of the 14 arena, and a close sell out in London and Ottawa. Halifax, Quebec City and Vancouver have significantly larger populations than Saskatoon.

So in closing, stop complaining. With it being a a long weekend and the start times an hour earlier, it isnt that bad. It is probably the most consistent attendance the blades have had all year.

twentyone
05-21-2013, 07:50 AM
People it's May long Weekend in Saskatchewan. We have a million lakes in this province and people here live for going to the lake May long weekend.

Saskatoon has hosted so many big events in the past 10 years that people can't take them all in. There was still 7000 fans at a game which the Blades weren't playing. thats more people than 3/4 of the CHL arenas hold.

Give it a rest people.

Quarter Century Fan
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I have been watching the games on tv and wondering where the fans are too?? I am guessing that anybody that purchased a Mem cup ticket package has been counted for in the attendance numbers even though they are not there?? Too bad, this is the best Junior Hocket gets.

I was wrong in my Blades prediction. :confused: i didn't expect them to win a game with over 50 days off. I expected their legs and conditioning not to hold up or any timing on their passes. Makarov has been better than I thought too. He still has poor control on his rebounds though, if I were an opposing team I would be wanting two forwards to go to the net and the high slot forward or defence to take long shots for the two at the net to finish with the juicy rebounds.

mjw22
05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I went to the first two games but work comes first so I will watch the rest on tv. Hockey in may starting on a long week end high ticket prices they are lucky to get the crowds they are.I said this before driving around for 2 days you wouldnt have known the MC was even here. This doesn't get the hype the WJC get so in a bigger center it gets lost a bit. We enjoyed the hockey and ppl so it was good. Go HAWKS Go :groovy:

the Royal Flush
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Halifax was again in great form tonight. The Knights needed some goaltending for certain.

JMoney1988
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
If The Blades defeat Portland and Halifax beats London, won't that put the Blades in the final? Blades and Halifax would be 2-1 while Portland and London would be 1-2. Having beaten Halifax with whom Saskatoon would then be tied at 2-1 they would finish first...wouldn't they?
So Portland would play London to see who plays Halifax in the semi - the winner then playing Saskatoon in the final. I might be way wrong here but I am just posing the question.

I'm pretty sure that what would happen, unless they go by goals for/against, Saskatoon would be in the final with a win.

Madmax
05-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that what would happen, unless they go by goals for/against, Saskatoon would be in the final with a win.

Blades win and they are in the final. If they lose they play London in the tie breaker on Thursday.

chalk_one_up
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Game was very boring till the 3rd period. If I buy a ticket, but decide to stay home have I supported the event? And the crowd was 7800, not 4000. Where you there? You have now said that Saskatoon is not a hockey town, even though the city put the WJHC on the world map and made the tournament what it is today. Now you say what an embarrassment the crowds are, but we will have the second largest attendance in tournament history in the end. Your either a very hard person to please or you don't know what your talking about. Check out the semi final and final ticket prices. Best seats $150 for the semi and $178 for the final. The round robin games have been over $100. Gouging for Jr hockey is partly why its empty. Its not affordable for a lot of fans. But I'm curious where your seats are. Betting they are in front of the TV watching Sportsnet.

I paid $48 for an 8th row seat in Section P. I was happy with that. Heck, I was in the building in the lower bowl.

Madmax
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
I paid $48 for an 8th row seat in Section P. I was happy with that. Heck, I was in the building in the lower bowl.

Tie breaker game prices, $149.25, $77.50, $49.00, $37.50

Final game prices $178.50, $89.00, $49.00. No discount for children or seniors. Ticket prices for the semi final where $159.00 for top seats but can't seem to get the tickets up. maybe its sold out?

Trevor
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
What was a tournament package worth?

the Royal Flush
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
$675.00

twentyone
05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
$675.00

Thats for premium seats. The comfy seats. I sit in row 10, one row below these and my package was around $540.

Bighat
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
That's more then season tickets, someone has to tell these people it's jr hockey not the nhl.

Madmax
05-22-2013, 04:04 PM
That's more then season tickets, someone has to tell these people it's jr hockey not the nhl.

We have a box at Credit Union Center. It holds 12. We had to buy 10 seats in order to keep the box for the Memorial Cup, even though we have a three year lease on the box that costs us $2500.00 per seat per year. We originally got the box because of the WJHC and decided to keep it because of the memorial cup. Wouldn't do it again. This has been a money grab by Brodsky and nothing more. I am enjoying the hockey and the festivities, but certainly not worth NHL prices. That game last night was terrible.

Trav
05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
2500 for one box seat a year? Is that for every event that comes to Saskplace that year or just for the Blades and anything WHL related?

Madmax
05-22-2013, 04:51 PM
2500 for one box seat a year? Is that for every event that comes to Saskplace that year or just for the Blades and anything WHL related?

We get Blades season tickets and most concerts. Had to pay for WJHC tickets at the best seat price and the same with the Memorial cup tickets. And we had to buy 12 seats for the WJHC and 10 seats for the Memorial cup. The WJHC was worth it to me as it may only be a once in a lifetime event. But the Memorial Cup is in Canada every year and its not hard to get to. Bought tickets in Brandon a few years ago in case the Blades made it and I know we bought the best tickets in the place, and it seems to me we didn't pay close to what we are paying this year. And on top of that, we have to buy Blades playoff tickets and pay in advance for the first 3 rounds. The tickets are then adjusted or in this case we get a nice credit the next year.
And sorry Trav, to answer your question, that's $2500.00 per seat per year or $30,000.00 a year for the 12 seats and you have to sign a 3 year lease agreement. No booze or food included. But I do get to watch the NHL on our TV.

Trevor
05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
We have a box at Credit Union Center. It holds 12. We had to buy 10 seats in order to keep the box for the Memorial Cup, even though we have a three year lease on the box that costs us $2500.00 per seat per year. We originally got the box because of the WJHC and decided to keep it because of the memorial cup. Wouldn't do it again. This has been a money grab by Brodsky and nothing more. I am enjoying the hockey and the festivities, but certainly not worth NHL prices. That game last night was terrible.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the profits are spread amongst the member teams of the host league?

Andrej_The_Giant
05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
NHL prices? Maybe I've just become desensitized to expensive ticket prices at sporting events or concerts living in Vancouver, but, $675 for 8 guaranteed games seems fairly reasonable, especially when that's the most expensive package being offered. That's slightly more than $84 per game, yeah, obviously more than your average run-of-the-mill regular season junior hockey game but the Memorial Cup should command a higher than normal price. I wouldn't call it NHL prices though, lower bowl seats for the Canucks cost anywhere from $120 and up for ONE and that's not factoring in the premium games for better opponents or club seats, then you're looking at $180+

$2,500 for a box seat though is awful.

Fight Guy
05-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Though maybe not quite NHL prices, they are still quite high. I took a look a tickets for the game on Sunday and was a little blown away. $90 a ticket for the final and $80 for the other games?? Nose bleeds $50. I agree they need to be higher for the tournament, but it's gonna be hard to sell tickets at those prices for Junior hockey. Really can't see the final being sold out either.

mjw22
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Good game Portland just took over in the third. Port - Halifax may be the final .blades and London have a tough road to the final. Thrower most likely suspended cant believe the non call.Go Portland Go . I wonder has ferland been worth the price paid ?

sbtatter
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Good game Portland just took over in the third. Port - Halifax may be the final .blades and London have a tough road to the final. Thrower most likely suspended cant believe the non call.Go Portland Go . I wonder has ferland been worth the price paid ?

He was only a 17th pick, but KM turned that with Boes into the best rated d-man in the draft, so time will tell! If the Blades get 3 wins in a row, then he was worth if it, if they don't win the Mem Cup, then ferland and walker were an expensive waste, especially Walker

mjw22
05-22-2013, 09:55 PM
KM bends lorne over one more time. He must hope lorne stays on as gm.lol

patsdude114
05-22-2013, 11:08 PM
He was only a 17th pick, but KM turned that with Boes into the best rated d-man in the draft, so time will tell! If the Blades get 3 wins in a row, then he was worth if it, if they don't win the Mem Cup, then ferland and walker were an expensive waste, especially Walker

The price for Ferland was way more then for Walker, at least they got a full season out of Walker who actually turned out to be not a bad captain either. The Ferland price was a waste though i said all along he wasnt worth a 1st rd pick & i still stand by that today, Ferland benefitted from Stone big time

Bighat
05-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Tickets for a regular season game $15.00 playoffs $20.00. Mem cup $45.00 that's alright but then playoff round $120.00 come on its junior hockey, remember we don't pay the players millions of dollars. Just like wjh they are going to price them so the average fan can't go and half full rinks.

Madmax
05-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Tickets for a regular season game $15.00 playoffs $20.00. Mem cup $45.00 that's alright but then playoff round $120.00 come on its junior hockey, remember we don't pay the players millions of dollars. Just like wjh they are going to price them so the average fan can't go and half full rinks.

And there are discounts for kids tickets, but not in the Memorial Cup and that's sad. Its been a tradition in Junior hockey in Western Canada that there are separate ticket prices for the kids. That seems to be disappearing also.

Wildeyes
05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Classy LOL dirty hit and smiles. The best part is all the sports shows are showing his remorseless smirk LOL.

Fight Guy
05-23-2013, 07:07 AM
HAHAHA!!! Perfect! I really hoped he would have gotten knocked out after he was laughing and smiling about it.

sbtatter
05-23-2013, 07:23 AM
The price for Ferland was way more then for Walker, at least they got a full season out of Walker who actually turned out to be not a bad captain either. The Ferland price was a waste though i said all along he wasnt worth a 1st rd pick & i still stand by that today, Ferland benefitted from Stone big time

I don't know, the Walke deal netted Bdn a couple 2nd's and the right to swap 1st's next season, so if the Blades finish last in the league, Bdn have the option to take the Blades 1st overal pick in return for Bdn's......
Walker was a brutal captain, watch the sportsnet series. Ask yourself why all the pro hockey players in Bdn who know him and former teammates of Walkers all dislike him, making him Captain and letting him choose his assistants was a terrible mistake.

twentyone
05-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Classy LOL dirty hit and smiles. The best part is all the sports shows are showing his remorseless smirk LOL.

How is that a dirty hit? Maybe Taylor Lier shouldn't try and to drag around a defencmen with his head down. Last minute he cut into thrower and got a shoulder to the chin square on. Its wasnt from the side or nothing. And he wasn't smirking at Lier it was at the portland guy that came over beaking him.

I would be very surprised if Thrower gets suspended. Whats he suposed to do not hit a guy that tries to toe drage around him.

Western Elite
05-23-2013, 09:06 AM
I don't know, the Walke deal netted Bdn a couple 2nd's and the right to swap 1st's next season, so if the Blades finish last in the league, Bdn have the option to take the Blades 1st overal pick in return for Bdn's......
Walker was a brutal captain, watch the sportsnet series. Ask yourself why all the pro hockey players in Bdn who know him and former teammates of Walkers all dislike him, making him Captain and letting him choose his assistants was a terrible mistake.

Not sure about that, the Blades dealt their 2014 1st rounder to Vancouver for Nathan Burns. So I'm not sure how Brandon can get the Blades first round pick, when they don't have one any longer!

sbtatter
05-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Not sure about that, the Blades dealt their 2014 1st rounder to Vancouver for Nathan Burns. So I'm not sure how Brandon can get the Blades first round pick, when they don't have one any longer!

Blades dealt their 1st rounder to Vancouver, but first of all in the Walker deal Bdn have the right to swap 1st rounders, so Vancouver could end up with bdns pick, via Stoon. If Bdn ends with the 12th pick, Blades the 1st pick, Bdn swaps and gets the lottery pick, give Blades the 12th which is then sent to the Giants
That's the way I understand it anyway.

patsdude114
05-23-2013, 09:18 AM

Its a swap of 1st round picks so the Blades would just take over BRN's 1st rd pick then it would be sent to VAN

haha i know it was a brutal decision made to make him captain, sorry sarcasm is hard to type out at times lol

as for Ferland he will never see a day in the NHL even in the Flames organization, he is a bum there is a reason why he never seen any action in the AHL before he asked to be returned to junior. Its cuz Ferland himself knows he isnt on there level, he'll be done hockey in 3yrs if that, he better keep that option open to go CIS before its too late

sbtatter
05-23-2013, 09:32 AM

This was the article in the Brandon Sun, on May 4th last year, I bolded the relevant part

Normally, the big news coming out of draft day revolves around what happens in the first round.

For the Brandon Wheat Kings, the stunner came after they made their first-round pick in Thursday’s Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

The Wheat Kings traded away veteran forward Brenden Walker to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a second-round pick in yesterday’s draft, another second-rounder next year and a third-round choice in 2014. The Wheat Kings also get the right to swap first-round picks with the Blades in 2014.
No one was more surprised by the trade than Walker.

"I didn’t really expect it. I just got a call this morning from (Wheat Kings general manager Kelly McCrimmon) saying that I was going to Saskatoon," said Walker, who will turn 20 in June and count against the Blades’ overage limit next season. "I didn’t really understand at the time and (it was) very shocking, but I guess this happened for a reason and everything happens for a reason. I think it’s going to be the best for everyone."

Walker centred Brandon’s top line this season, tying for 19th in WHL scoring with 81 points, including 26 goals, in 68 games. With the expected graduation of Mark Stone and Mike Ferland, he likely would have been the Wheat Kings’ top returning scorer.

The Blades, who also traded for Kelowna Rockets’ scoring leader Shane McColgan yesterday, get a major influx of offence as they prepare to host the Memorial Cup next season.

"It’s a huge opportunity for me, but I really enjoy it in Brandon," Walker said. "It’s a great city, great people there, good organization, but now I guess I’m with another organization. It’s going to be a different situation, but hopefully everything works out well for me."

If the terms of the deal sound familiar, perhaps it’s because the three picks are the same price the Wheat Kings paid last fall to pry overager Darian Dziurzynski away from the Blades. The difference is Brandon’s option of trading places in the first round in two years, which could be significant if Saskatoon struggles in 2013-14 after loading up for next year’s Cup.

"(Walker) has enjoyed a real solid career with our organization," McCrimmon said. "He’s been a player that’s improved from 17 to 18, 18 to 19, and I think he’ll be a strong player in the league this year.

"At the same time, we thought that it was an attractive package of draft picks that was something we didn’t want to turn down and we felt was really important to the future of our organization."

reims
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
THrower suspended for rest of tournament

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671763&print=true

SectionNDeserter
05-23-2013, 02:49 PM
How is that a dirty hit? Maybe Taylor Lier shouldn't try and to drag around a defencmen with his head down.So tired of hearing this dated argument. This isn't a dirty hit five or six years ago, however, it is now. Welcome to 2013.

Last minute he cut into thrower and got a shoulder to the chin square on. Its wasnt from the side or nothing.You conveniently left out the part where he launched himself upwards, leaving his feet. This also wasn't charging five or six years ago, however it is now. Launch yourself upwards at a guy, making the head the primary point of contact, regardless of whether or not his head is down, and you get suspended. Again, welcome to 2013. You can argue that you don't like the new rules, but there is no way that he doesn't get suspended on that play.

Stag
05-23-2013, 03:01 PM
So tired of hearing this dated argument. This isn't a dirty hit five or six years ago, however, it is now. Welcome to 2013.
You conveniently left out the part where he launched himself upwards, leaving his feet. This also wasn't charging five or six years ago, however it is now. Launch yourself upwards at a guy, making the head the primary point of contact, regardless of whether or not his head is down, and you get suspended. Again, welcome to 2013. You can argue that you don't like the new rules, but there is no way that he doesn't get suspended on that play.

Nice Job by the Legend Vetter for the non call. Wake up you idiot! How the hell does Vetter get a job reffing the Memorial Cup!

chalk_one_up
05-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Nice Job by the Legend Vetter for the non call. Wake up you idiot! How the hell does Vetter get a job reffing the Memorial Cup!

In the words of SectionNDeserter, welcome to 2013 :)

SectionNDeserter
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Nice Job by the Legend Vetter for the non call. Wake up you idiot! How the hell does Vetter get a job reffing the Memorial Cup!They were either going to hear it from the fans about making a bad call on the headshot, or about deciding the outcome of a huge game. I don't think either of them had a super good angle on the play as far as determining whether or not it was a headshot, though it was pretty clear cut charging regardless of where you were looking at it from.

sbtatter
05-23-2013, 05:02 PM
How about the brutal no call on Rattie as he was skating towards the empty net with the puck and was hooked down from behind, no call. That was a blatant penalty and a bad "no call" from the refs, especially if the Blades had scored another goal to make it 4v3....

Wildeyes
05-23-2013, 07:00 PM
I am at the game. Gotta say crowd is in it. But only 65% full. Tough luck on andrey M. Anyone want to say hi lol

mjw22
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
20 minutes til they hit the links again . This hockey thing is getting in the way of thier golfing. :D

mill rat
05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
what time is it?

6 past makarov!

Not surprising. Saskatoon didn't deserve to be there.

mjw22
05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Can you say no heart I've never seen a team quit so fast . Ferland is MIA what a waste of picks. I think no . 51 scared him in the warm up lol 6-1:groovy: :groovy: well now the MC is a legitimate tournament again now that the team that crawled in thru the basement window has been booted out the back door.lorne is 1 and 15 in his last 16 play off games a coaching genious hahaha .so looking forward to next year .have a nice summer lord stanley and western elite. 49 years and counting no league title no MC well at least your team holds one record.futility lol

JMoney1988
05-23-2013, 09:12 PM
For once I agree with MJW22, no heart, no determination, they didn't do anything, our best players looked like rookies, it looked like a practice for the London Knights and we were orange traffic cones......, however I will be going to the final regardless, I predict Portland and Halifax in the final. We may host it again maybe 20 years from now.

It's sad that Marakov showed up when the team didn't, I feel bad for him, even though he lasted 2 periods or so, odd year next year............

Trav
05-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Finally the season is over and Molleken can take his sorry little ass and resign. If he tries to stay on as coach then Brodsky should do the rite thing and fire him but really is Brodsky any different then his brother in PG? Probably not, their to damn loyal.

metalrules
05-23-2013, 11:19 PM
So, I'm curious, will the ownership have enough guts to fire the whole staff and relieve Lorne of his GM job as well? Just curious with obvious rebuild that has to happen here

Madmax
05-24-2013, 08:21 AM
So, I'm curious, will the ownership have enough guts to fire the whole staff and relieve Lorne of his GM job as well? Just curious with obvious rebuild that has to happen here

Maybe its time for the Blades to start fresh including new owners.

Stag
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20130523/KAMLOOPS0201/305239998/-1/kamloops02/drinnan-hunchak-showing-some-skill-on-radio

Anyone else here how drunk Hunchak was on the radio for the post game last night?

the Royal Flush
05-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I was listening to the show on the way home from the game and I thought he sounded 3 sheets to the wind! :D:D:D

the Royal Flush
05-24-2013, 09:13 AM
For once I agree with MJW22, no heart, no determination, they didn't do anything, our best players looked like rookies, it looked like a practice for the London Knights and we were orange traffic cones......, however I will be going to the final regardless, I predict Portland and Halifax in the final. We may host it again maybe 20 years from now.

It's sad that Marakov showed up when the team didn't, I feel bad for him, even though he lasted 2 periods or so, odd year next year............

Its too bad it will be a 21 year wait for another Cup series in Saskatoon. I have really enjoyed my stay in your town.

Stag
05-24-2013, 09:15 AM
I was listening to the show on the way home from the game and I thought he sounded 3 sheets to the wind! :D:D:D

He's been at the Memorial Cup since it started last weekend wearing the same black poor fitted suit. What a mess this guy is....I just laugh when people tell me he's a coaching genius.

patsdude114
05-24-2013, 12:26 PM
He's been at the Memorial Cup since it started last weekend wearing the same black poor fitted suit. What a mess this guy is....I just laugh when people tell me he's a coaching genius.

I don't think I have ever heard someone calling him a coaching genius

As for the Blades I think everyone in there right mind saw this coming, a big slow team doesn't cut it against the powerhouses from the east. Out here it can work against any avg team with the big physical intimidating team where you can get those extra punches thrown in after the play with little punishment even with fighting. But this is playoff type hockey & that stuff gets you know where come playoff type hockey.

Mollenken helped ruin the Pats back in 2001 with the Memorial Cup now he has ruined the Blades next with the same tournament. Now you guys didn't have to trade away as maany top end prospects as the Pats had too (Belle, Keller & Brown) but you guys did give up a lot of high picks for the next 2yrs which will hurt in a couple years. You guys will prob end up being younger then what the Warriors were this past year, just with a lot bigger question mark between the pipes.

Maybe a team may feel sorry for you guys & give a younger roster type player for 1 of your 20yr olds which may or may not help. I know being a Pats fan I would love Laang to try & land Valcourt or Beniot. Two bigger type forwards which we lack upfront. Very interested in Valcourt the most hopefully Lang feels the same way.

sbtatter
05-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Maybe a team may feel sorry for you guys & give a younger roster type player for 1 of your 20yr olds which may or may not help. I know being a Pats fan I would love Laang to try & land Valcourt or Beniot. Two bigger type forwards which we lack upfront. Very interested in Valcourt the most hopefully Lang feels the same way.
I bet one of those guys or Burns is coming to Bdn.....

patsdude114
05-24-2013, 05:50 PM
KM better try to secure 1 of them before Mollenken gets released, KM has been giving it to Mollenken for yrs. I bet KM gives Mollenken lube for xmas every year.

JMoney1988
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Well since Portland beat London 2-1, I'm all for cheering for Halifax in the final....., I would cheer for Portland but Mac Carruth is on that team. He is a cocky, trash talking and yapping at everyone, hacking and slashing at everyone, plus I really hate cocky players...., here's an example
Portland up 4-1 on Saskatoon Blades, yapping at Ferland after the whistle when they weren't going to win....., IMO hopefully it's like Windsor beating up on Brandon....
Rant Over

the Royal Flush
05-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Halifax is the team I am pulling for.

patsdude114
05-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Well since Portland beat London 2-1, I'm all for cheering for Halifax in the final....., I would cheer for Portland but Mac Carruth is on that team. He is a cocky, trash talking and yapping at everyone, hacking and slashing at everyone, plus I really hate cocky players...., here's an example
Portland up 4-1 on Saskatoon Blades, yapping at Ferland after the whistle when they weren't going to win....., IMO hopefully it's like Windsor beating up on Brandon....
Rant Over

Thing is Curruth earned the right to yap the blades all he wanted, the blades have some of the biggest yappers in the league (thrower, sutter, ferland) think its only fair that they get what's coming to them.

Go hawks, Jones gets the last laugh against the frenchies sisters

curwie
05-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I bet one of those guys or Burns is coming to Bdn.....

I heard Dalton Thrower was a part of the Nathan Burns deal and he's been told that he is Vancouver bound. Rumor only at this point.

sbtatter
05-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I heard Dalton Thrower was a part of the Nathan Burns deal and he's been told that he is Vancouver bound. Rumor only at this point.

I wouldn't want that head case! I'm assuming the habs will sign him and put him in the AHL?

curwie
05-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't want that head case! I'm assuming the habs will sign him and put him in the AHL?

I don't think he'll sign but I could be wrong. He had a terrible year this year. What I find frustrating if this rumor turns out to be true is just how much Lorne paid for Nathan Burns! A first round pick, a third round pick, and Dalton Thrower? Man that's a lot.

Trav
05-25-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't think he'll sign but I could be wrong. He had a terrible year this year. What I find frustrating if this rumor turns out to be true is just how much Lorne paid for Nathan Burns! A first round pick, a third round pick, and Dalton Thrower? Man that's a lot.

I'm pretty sure if he's going to Vancouver, the Giants would be giving something back to the Blades and that'd be only if Thrower is a 20 yr old next year. Get a pick or two back in return.

curwie
05-25-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure if he's going to Vancouver, the Giants would be giving something back to the Blades and that'd be only if Thrower is a 20 yr old next year. Get a pick or two back in return.

I hope your right. I've been told otherwise but they could have it mixed up. I'm not sure the league would allow such a deal. Anyway apparently they told Thrower already that he's gone. Guess we will see. Who knows, it could be a whole lot of bs anyway.

Trav
05-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Well it wouldn't surprise me if they did tell him he's gone already. I wouldn't keep him as a 20 yr old anyways.

twentyone
05-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Well great game last night. For all those hockey fans who stayed home this week I feel sorry for you. We were treated to some great hockey. As for the Blades they gave it their all and were simply outmatched. That said the game against Halifax was one of the most exciting games I have been to live in a long time.

As for the people who sat at home and watched the games and complained about the attendance. From the stats I read they had the 2nd highest total attendance in memorial cup history. Apperently thats terrible tho.

Anyway all in all great event.

Nook
05-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I managed to make it to three games before my hockey dollar for the week was maxed out, but I must say that the value of the hockey dollar was definitely stretched this past week and a bit. Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Horvat, Domi, and seeing the Blades win a Memorial Cup game on home ice.

I must say though, rush hour traffic in the north end and 6PM start times didn't mesh well. I get that you need to pander to Ontario/Quebec when it comes to TV times, but damn.

I'm a bit torn in thinking that I'm happy the Blades hosted the 2013 edition and thinking that they should've waited. I'm happy because 2013 had a hell of a lot of talent, but I think hosting this year hurt the Blades a lot more for the future.

Oh well. Maybe next time we mention "Blades" and "memorial cup" in the same sentence it'll be because they're travelling there.

the Royal Flush
05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
It was a great Memorial Cup and I had a great time. Thank you Saskatoon!:clap::clap::clap:

Nook
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
It was a great Memorial Cup and I had a great time. Thank you Saskatoon!:clap::clap::clap:

Were you, by chance, the only fellow I saw wearing a Blue Royals jersey?

Also, I fully hope that Victoria bids in 2016. And gets it. I don't want Vancouver to get it again.

the Royal Flush
05-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Were you, by chance, the only fellow I saw wearing a Blue Royals jersey?

Also, I fully hope that Victoria bids in 2016. And gets it. I don't want Vancouver to get it again.

That was me. I hope we bid as well. The Island is a very nice place to live.

Nook
05-28-2013, 09:24 PM
That was me. I hope we bid as well. The Island is a very nice place to live.

My friend just moved out there with the Navy about 6 months ago. I don't think he's comin' back, ha.

Victoria would do a great job. After the Memorial Cup being in the Eastern Conference two straight times, it'll be in the west next. I would say that Victoria, Vancouver, Portland and maybe Everett being interested in bidding.

the Royal Flush
05-28-2013, 09:44 PM
My money says it goes to Red Deer. Alberta has never hosted the Cup.

Joe Hallenback
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM
The fix is in already for Vancouver. They have Benson and they will want to center piece him in the draft. They will also promise a ton of money something the CHL is more interested in.