Heatherington - 20 Yr old
Martin - Lernout
Euro pick - Zinken
Gonek

Bow - Myland

The 20 year olds and Euro picks will be critical for the Broncos in 2013-14

patsdude114
05-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Why have a question mark besides Black? He's a lock to be a 20yr old for you guys unless you trade him which I think is highly unlikely. He isn't good enough to go pro, he brings speed with a scoring touch in junior. He needs another trick cuz speed alone won't make him a good pro. I wish him the best though as he is a Regina kid I just don't see him with much of a pro career.

I think Heatherington could very well be the best all around Dman in the Eastern Conference next season. I think he brings more then Morriessy, Reilly & Pulock. That's not taking anything away from those 3 as they are great Dmen as well but more 1 dimensional.

I think the Broncos/Warriors & Pats will be a filp of the coin who places higher. The Warriors have the better goaltending between those 3 teams, but time will tell as that's why we play the games to see how it unfolds.

trucker
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Black? - Merkley - Gordon
Cave - Bews - Euro pick
MacKay - Lesanne - Odgers
Spagrud - Gawdin - Bosc
Debrusk - Keane??

Martin - Lernout
Euro pick - Zinken
Gonek

Bow - Myland

Agreed. What about Daniel Dale? Why have you left Eetu off this list? I think there is a good chance at our goalie being a "two spotter" next season. Besides Laurikainen, Black and Dale will there be any other 20 year olds fighting for a spot next season?

blerbtalksc
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I agree with not counting out Eetu returning as a two spotter next year. Even with how well he played this past year, I believe he was only ranked 23rd in the year end rankings. I suppose his age could be a factor in that as well. The door may not be closed on Scarlett either as a possible 20 as I don't think he is signed and the Devils didn't call him up at years end to as much as get a look in the AHL. I presume you are jesting trucker when you mention Dale. He was a complete waste of a spot already last year and I would hope Lamb has told him he won't be here next year.

Toswammi
05-15-2013, 04:22 PM
I agree with not counting out Eetu returning as a two spotter next year. Even with how well he played this past year, I believe he was only ranked 23rd in the year end rankings. I suppose his age could be a factor in that as well. The door may not be closed on Scarlett either as a possible 20 as I don't think he is signed and the Devils didn't call him up at years end to as much as get a look in the AHL. I presume you are jesting trucker when you mention Dale. He was a complete waste of a spot already last year and I would hope Lamb has told him he won't be here next year.

Scarlett is signed, so he is gone.

Wouldn't be suprised to see a Defenseman with Eetu and Black as our OA's

Toswammi
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Black? - Merkley - Gordon
Cave - Bews - Euro pick
MacKay - Lesanne - Odgers
Spagrud - Gawdin - Bosc
Debrusk - Keane??

Martin - Lernout
Euro pick - Zinken
Gonek

Bow - Myland

Early but thinking this to start the year:
Bews-Cave-Gordan
Gawdin/Debrusk/Spagrud/Euro-Black-Merkley
Odgers-Mackay-Lessan (just cause that would be a fun unit to watch)
3 of Gawdin/Debrusk/Spagrud/Hughes/Keane(if he signs)/Wittman/Leth/Bosc

Doubt some of the other 16's will crack the lineup, but could get a long look. Better to get minutes instead of suit time. Also don't know about Bosc, like him but could be a numbers casualty.

Heathering-Martin
OA-Euro?
Zinkan/Lernout/Gonek

Could see Lajoie/Masselis/Bevan pushing, but another year for Max and Dom wouldn't hurt in the long run. Also assuming they go Euro D, although they could attempt to fill a top six forward spot with a Euro and carry one of the young guys as the 7th D. Do expect an OA to be brought in to lessen the blow of losing three guys that played various roles last year.

Eetu
Bow
Myland
Child

I want to say that is the tendative depth chart right now, although you could easily swap Myland and Child around (especially if no Eetu). Again does playing regular minutes trump being in the WHL getting 12-20 starts? Also if Dillon comes to camp, he could find himself in the back up mix if Eetu doesn't return.

Because both of our current Euros are OA's I believe SC uses both Euro picks and sorts it out from there. Really hope Eetu can pull some strings and bring over a Finnish national or two :)

Its fun to speculate, but there could always be another Gordan that walks on and blows everyone away, a young guy grows or a prospect just doesn't develop. So all of these lists are probably way off.

Toswammi
08-14-2013, 08:07 PM
So let's add Honka, Harris, Sanvido and Johnson and remove Gonek.

It's a young D, but could add to another three D drafted this year.

HockeySK
08-26-2013, 11:25 AM
I was impressed with the young talent in yesterday's Black and White game. Brandan Arnorld was great all week and Cavin Leth and Jordan Harris looked good as well. I would like to see Arnold stick with the team. This will be a young team with lots of skill. Glenn Gawdin looked like a verteran out there.