PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Astles Traded to TCA

Western Elite
06-12-2013, 12:33 PM
http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-trade-astles-to-tri-city

Trav
06-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Surprised they got a pick for him. Hope he sticks in Tri Cities.

auch07
06-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Bonehead move. Lorne's GM and Coaching strategy is absolutely flawless....COUGH. Lets make the guys with the absolute most heart ride the pine when it counts the most...Astles and Harland. Now lets trade the guy with the biggest heart and who would be the biggest role model for the HUGE young core that will be on the squad coming up. I think anyone would agree that you would be hard pressed to find a guy that displayed as much heart and determination as Astles did battling back from that injury this year just in time for the playoffs and he gets to sit and watch. I guess you do not want guys that like around for a rebuilding team. Absolutely rediculous.

Trav
06-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Bonehead move. Lorne's GM and Coaching strategy is absolutely flawless....COUGH. Lets make the guys with the absolute most heart ride the pine when it counts the most...Astles and Harland. Now lets trade the guy with the biggest heart and who would be the biggest role model for the HUGE young core that will be on the squad coming up. I think anyone would agree that you would be hard pressed to find a guy that displayed as much heart and determination as Astles did battling back from that injury this year just in time for the playoffs and he gets to sit and watch. I guess you do not want guys that like around for a rebuilding team. Absolutely rediculous.

I wouldn't have had a problem if the Blades had kept him but the fact that he's 20 didn't help him. 20's need to b ur top line players or top 4 dmen. Astles wasn't either. Harland I think will get a bigger and better role on the team next season

auch07
06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
You need to have a couple guys that players will look up to and be a role model to the young kids. Skill lacking on Jessey's part you have no argument from me there. However you would be hard pressed to find a better example for the young kids joining the team than Jessey in terms of heart and soul. Flat out the guy busts his ass and is a perfect example for a team going into a rebuild. Harland is of the same cut so to speak. Two guys that have always displayed the heart and soul that the team was clearly lacking when it counted the most. In the case of a rebuilding young Blades team you do not necessarily need your 20's to strictly be your top players. A guy that displays the work ethic, desire, heart is just as valuable to a team full of rookies as a guy that puts up top line pts in my opinion if not more valuable to the development of the young guys.

Trav
06-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Sure he busts his ass but I'd rather go with younger energy type guys. While the Blades r going to b rebuilding u still wanna have guys that can score.

Nook
06-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I think it's a numbers game. Astles will be 20 next season and as the rules say, you can only have 3. You want your best 3 20 year olds.

Now, I wish him all the best in Tri-Cities.