Trav
06-13-2013, 04:46 PM
For 18 yr old dman Kevin Pochuk, a 3rd and 7th round draft picks in 2014

Pochuk has some offensive potential.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-announce-trade-with-rebels

Nook
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Not unexpected.

More 1993 born players to go, though. Who's next? Craig? McColgan? Pufahl?

patsdude114
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Seems like a lot to give up for a guy who 'could' go pro next season. Maybe old man Sutter has some inside word from the Jets that he will be returned. Either way I'm sure having his nephew in RD to coach next year will be the best thing for younger sutter's career. Brent won't put up with his constant crying.

SectionNDeserter
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Seems like a lot to give up for a guy who 'could' go pro next season. Maybe old man Sutter has some inside word from the Jets that he will be returned.He had a down year offensively last season, and the Jets have another year to sign him. Seems pretty likely to be coming back to the WHL next season.

Western Elite
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
By offensive potential, you have to look back to Pochuk's last year of Midget hockey in 2011-2012 where he put up 19-45-64 in 42 games with 72 PIMS. Didn't play or do a whole lot last year but the offensive PP potential is there. Good skater, well above average skater in fact.

Trav
06-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Saw a couple Rebel games and didn't think he looked to out of place. Has a good chance to play on a regular basis here

SectionNDeserter
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
He has fantastic hockey sense, but really struggled to raise his defensive skills to the WHL level. He could be one of those guys that winds up being converted to a forward.

curwie
06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
For 18 yr old dman Kevin Pochuk, a 3rd and 7th round draft picks in 2014

Pochuk has some offensive potential.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-announce-trade-with-rebels

Nice deal. Sounds like the draft picks are conditional on Sutter returning. If he returns to junior, the Blades get Pochuk and the 3rd. If Sutter goes pro, the Blades get Pochuk and a 7th.

twentyone
06-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Decent rturn in my opinion. Can't remember ever seeing Pohcuk play but not that often you get a roster player in return for a 20 yr old. He will definetly get an opportunity in Saskatoon next year. Gotta think Lorne is definetly satying as GM. No way an owner will sit around and let a GM make all these moves if he didn't plan on keeping him. I have no problems I like Lorne and still think he is a great hockey mind.

SectionNDeserter
06-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Nice deal. Sounds like the draft picks are conditional on Sutter returning. If he returns to junior, the Blades get Pochuk and the 3rd. If Sutter goes pro, the Blades get Pochuk and a 7th.As I understand it, if Sutter goes pro, the Blades get Pochuk OR the 7th, if he doesn't they get a 3rd and Pochuk Or the 7th. The spread between a 7th and 15th overall pick is not that big, so I think they would be crazy not to take a roster player with 30 or so games of WHL experience.

Trav
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Pretty confusing deal now that the conditions have been made known. Quite frankly I'd take Pochuk over the 7th and if the 3rd round pick comes in to play then great. The Blades will need d-man help.

Madmax
06-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Pretty confusing deal now that the conditions have been made known. Quite frankly I'd take Pochuk over the 7th and if the 3rd round pick comes in to play then great. The Blades will need d-man help.

I think the only thing that changes are the draft picks. Pochuk is a Blade.

curwie
06-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I think the only thing that changes are the draft picks. Pochuk is a Blade.

That's what I think as well, but the media release made no mention of any conditions at all. Bush league and confusing.

twentyone
06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I have never heard of a player moving on a cond. seems weird to me. Hey Pochuk you might be traded to blades. We will wait and see tho come the fall. Does he come to camp wit Red Deer until sutter gets sent back?

SectionNDeserter
06-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Depending on where I have looked, it says that it is a 3rd, Pochuk and a 7th, with no conditions, and on Drinnan's blog and others, it says that specifically the Blades choose between Pochuk and a 7th... Seems sort of odd, but one would have to think that either way, he is done in Red Deer.

Madmax
06-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I have never heard of a player moving on a cond. seems weird to me. Hey Pochuk you might be traded to blades. We will wait and see tho come the fall. Does he come to camp wit Red Deer until sutter gets sent back?

The way I understand it is Pochuk and a pick to the Blades for Sutter. If Sutter plays pro its a 7th round pick. If he plays in Red Deer it becomes a 3rd round pick. Doesn't matter really as I think it was a good trade for the Blades.

Nook
06-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Pochuk is the certainty.

7th rounder if Sutter doesn't come back
3rd if he does.

SectionNDeserter
06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
The third rounder is conditional on Sutter returning to the WHL, Pochuk goes to Saskatoon, and if he doesn't crack the Saskatoon roster out of training camp, Saskatoon gets the seventh round pick instead of Pochuk. Pochuk is the certainty, but they get him OR the 7th rounder.

patsdude114
06-16-2013, 01:47 PM
The third rounder is conditional on Sutter returning to the WHL, Pochuk goes to Saskatoon, and if he doesn't crack the Saskatoon roster out of training camp, Saskatoon gets the seventh round pick instead of Pochuk. Pochuk is the certainty, but they get him OR the 7th rounder.

Thanks for clearing up all these conditions on the trade, I hate trades like this I like the black & white trades better lol