PDA

View Full Version : Import Draft

RWAH
06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Just wanted to start the discussion for the up coming draft. First I doubt that Sylvegard will be back so we have room for 2. I doubt that we would use a first round pick for a goal tender so what does everyone think we should pick?
I think we should with our first pick take a 94 born forward and with the second pick a 95 forward unless there is a real stud d-man but it such a crap shoot. I would not be up set with 2 95s either but I think we need more help at the older age.
Hot of the WHL site Rebels trade for Sutter and Stoon gets 18 year old D man Kevin Pochuk and a 3rd and 7th draft pick
Back to the euros any opinions or possible players interested to hear!!!

patsdude114
06-13-2013, 10:49 PM
well our pick should be a what top 10 to top 15 pick

flat out u take the best player available who will report, no questions asked, but a 96 group is a age group where we need help, maybe land a euro who can actually develop for 3yrs here would be nice.

I have no clue on any euro players I don't pay attention to them, when they show up just assess them & see if they can play. We've had some bad luck over the years with euro's its bound to change sooner or later, lets hope this is the year.

RWAH
06-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Our picks are 16th and 76th which is 6th in the WHL. Vancouver has first over all.
I think onlt 94 and 95 born players are eligible in this draft

Trav
06-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Our picks are 16th and 76th which is 6th in the WHL. Vancouver has first over all.
I think onlt 94 and 95 born players are eligible in this draft

96 born imports are still eligible, that hasn't changed. It appears that teams can only pick a goaltender if their 18 or 19 this year, no 17 yr old goaltenders can be draft. 17 yr old forwards and d-men can still be drafted though.

RWAH
06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Trav: Thank You

Bighat
06-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Take an 18 forward with the 1st pick and an 18 dman with the 2nd.

patsdude114
06-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I just hope we don't waste a pick on a player who played in another league but who was released like with Slyvegard.... now with that said he may not of put up the points that the Pats had hoped for they were really hoping for at least a 15 goal year from him which he failed big time but his actual play didn't hurt the Pats at all. He was physical, played his role well as a depth player, at the end of the year looked great on defense think he scored as many goals on defense as he did at forward in about 10 games or so.

I really wish the Pats would of gave Vasko a chance in our lineup, he was 1 of the most skilled players we had when I watched back to back days of practice just he refused to dump it in a lot in practice & the coach didn't like that he wanted to create a play.

Anyways time to bring in 2 new euro's & hope for the best, the euro draft is more of a crap shoot then the bantam draft is...cross your fingers everyone on every team for your selections