06-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Guess I will make it offficial, personally I'm happy with the move
http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-announce-coaching-staff-restructuring

Trav
06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
I like the move. Hopefully the team will b more of a offensive style of team

auch07
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
While I am very happy to hear that Lorne has stepped aside I am concerned that the style and success may not have changed much. The answer will of course come in the next year or two. Hopefully Struch can put his own stamp on the club and go in a different direction which obviously is needed. With Lorne still being the teams GM it is hard to know what will be put on the ice roster wise. Does he continue with his hard nosed big player style or move to the faster more offensive type of player.

End of the day I am just happy that Lorne is no longer behind the bench and hope that Struch can make this team his own.

Stag
06-20-2013, 09:24 AM
I hope Lorne was holding Dave back and forcing his outdated style on him...ie) Dave ran the special teams and they were terrible. I have my fingers crossed that Lorne said were doing it this way and that Dave had no option but to fall in line because if Dave was already running it his way then I don't see how the Blades style will be much different that its been.

But lets give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he can motivate these young guys.

Trav
06-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Struch has already talked about being a high pace high energy team. To me that does seem to b different then Molleken's defensive style strategy

Nook
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Struch will coach the team similar to how he played.

Molleken was a goalie... No wonder he liked a tight defensive game. ha.

But I'm happy for Dave. Lets hope he makes the most of his big break.

curwie
06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
I expect much the same from Dave systems as what Lorne was using. Dump and chase, getting pucks deep, cycling down low, and bodies to the net. I really have to disagree with you Trav in the way you describe Lorne's defensive first philosophy. I don't think he consentrated on defence near enough. If we had maybe we would have won a few playoff games. If you think about it, we always have 1 or 2 forwards out near the redline trying to catch other teams with the stretch pass. What Medicine Hat did to us in the first round sweep was bring all 3 forwards back deep in there end of the rink, block shots and force us to get impatient and make mistakes. Much the same as Kootney did 2 years previous. That's what I would call a defence first mentality.

Just one fans opinion.
Cheers.

Trav
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I expect much the same from Dave systems as what Lorne was using. Dump and chase, getting pucks deep, cycling down low, and bodies to the net. I really have to disagree with you Trav in the way you describe Lorne's defensive first philosophy. I don't think he consentrated on defence near enough. If we had maybe we would have won a few playoff games. If you think about it, we always have 1 or 2 forwards out near the redline trying to catch other teams with the stretch pass. What Medicine Hat did to us in the first round sweep was bring all 3 forwards back deep in there end of the rink, block shots and force us to get impatient and make mistakes. Much the same as Kootney did 2 years previous. That's what I would call a defence first mentality.

Just one fans opinion.
Cheers.

My opinion is that if u have the puck, the other team can't score on u so I'd like to see a puck possession team.

Dumping the puck in and going after it works at times but if teams do it all the time then obviously they become predictable.

I think in this day and age, having a forward or two standing by the other team's blue line doesn't work as well as it may have used to. If we had international sized rinks, teams get more chances on net instead of doing long passes.