PDA

View Full Version : Pats draft a russian

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 11:04 AM
With the Pats 1st pick in the euro draft 15th overal (seattle passed) we selected Dmitry Sinitsyn out of out of Moscow, he is a '94 guess we will see if he reports, can be hard to get those russian kids.

See what the pats do with there next pick.....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Has it been confirmed that this player is even going to show up to camp? He played NCAA, and you never know with Russians and what theyre going to do.

Nice to see a defenceman selected. I thought they were going to go for their 50th Czech forward selection in a row this year

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
With the pats 2nd round choice we select Maximillian Kammerer from Germany he is a 6'0 LW & is part of the '96 age group

As for the Russian I have no idea if he is leaving NCAA or not, I just had the draft link on my phone to stay up to date. I'm sure Lang will be releasing a press conference clip later on the website or on phil andrews blog

RWAH
07-03-2013, 05:28 PM
The Russian will add to our D but like all of you we don't have good luck with Russians. They seem to want more money or stroking than necessary.
The 96 from Germany could be a real find. Young and could be here three years if he develops any offensive skill we could have a gem.

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 10:22 PM
The Russian will add to our D but like all of you we don't have good luck with Russians.

I cant even remember the last time we took a Russian, last Russians I can even slightly remember were Dmitri Nabokov & Alexei Morozoz (& he never showed up). Yes we had Denis Tolpeko but we never drafted him & he turned out pretty good for us the year he was here (even if we didn't draft him).

The WHL as a whole tends to stay clear of Russians as the transfer funds for them tend to be more then the other countries and you just never know about them as they like to stay home in the KHL or in junior there. But with this Russian kid already having a year in North America in the NCAA there should be very little to adapt for him. Heard he is a lock to be here come camp as well as the Dallas Stars want him in junior hockey instead of NCAA. Guess you can take that as a grain of salt and just see come day 1 of training camp if he is here or not.

patsdude114
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Today there was a nice article on the new Russian in the Leader-Post, he is 100% on board to joining the Pats this fall which is nice to hear from a Russian. In the article I had a great chuckle when he said that the NCAA game wasn't really for him as there was too much dump and chase. I thought to myself (very briefly) and said 'thank god you weren't here last year then with Conacher as our head coach' but also thought 'you want to play in north america professionally you better get used to it'

He talked about how play style abit, how he loves to have the puck on his stick & makes a good first pass. He doesn't shy away from the physical side if it calls for it. Well this is the WHL & in the Eastern Conference its very physical so get used to it fast :) In the last 2 yrs all he has played is 13games so there may be some rust to work off but he said he loves the schedule in the CHL as its more professional then NCAA of practice all the time.

RWAH
07-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I could not find the Leader Post article but that is good news for the Pats that he is committed to play here.
IMO the 17 year old german could be an impact player in 2014/15 and 2015/16. It will be a change to have the a euro for more than one year.

Fight Guy
07-09-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/pats-hockey/Regina+Pats+fill+needs+import+draft/8614040/story.html

RWAH
07-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks Fight Guy