PDA

View Full Version : what does

WHEATMAN
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
every on ethink of the new rules? i am against shootouts for sure, terrible decision

peatfan
07-25-2005, 02:16 AM
I also disagree with the any instigator in the last 5 minutes gets a game suspension. I feel they should eliminate the instigator pentaly, let the players police themselves and you will soon see the cheap stick work go way down.
I feel the goalies should play the puck like they did before with the exception that if they leave the crease they are considered a skater and subject to clean bodychecks, just like any forward or defenseman. Then goalies like Turco won't have to act like they just got shot, they actually will get hit.
Also the diving should be a pentaly for unsportsmanlike along with the fines that will be handed out.
All in all I agree with the rule changes, lets hope the officials call them the whole year and not just 2 months. :spineyes:

Beaner
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
hmm.

I love the tag up off-sides. Back to the free wheeling 80's

I like - Smaller goalie equipment, 2 mins for freezing the puck unnecessarily, the minor for flipping the puck over the glass for all players.

The removal of the red line and the goalie is limited where he can play the puck I'm not too keen on. For various reasons.

The new Icing rule, I'm not too sure on, but if they can mange to keep the excitement of players chasing down the puck, AND keep them safe then Im all for it. Im not a huge fan of no touch icing, but protecting the players has to be priority #1. Hopefully the linesman wave off a lot more icing.

Huge fan of no line change for the team that Ices the puck.

The crackdown on obstruction. Not looking forward to the parade to the penalty box. But we shall see if the officials actually call it. Hate the Obstruction more than the penalties that will be called.

The suspensions for getting an Instigator in the last 5 minutes and a 10k Fine for the Coach?? I hate this big time. Dont know where I read this but, if the team pays the fine for the coach, the team gets fined 100k. I would have much rather seen a minimum suspension of 5 games for anyone receiving an attempt to injure penalty.

Shootouts - I dont really care. If teams arent going to play till there is a winner, then fine put something in to decide the darn game. Tired of watching tied teams play to get to overtime to get the 1 point. 1 point for losing in overtime. Ridiculous. I'd rather have the shootout. Its not in for the playoffs, Penalty shots are exciting, and maybe, just maybe, teams will play to win, instead of playing not to lose.

Overall I think the rule changes are pretty good. However I think with No Centre red line, the goalie playing the puck restrictions, and Tag-up off sides all put in together is too much. I think I would have rather seen them only bring in 2 of these things and see how that goes as opposed to slamming all 3 down at once. We shall see though. I would have kept tag up offiside and removed the red line. The goalie playing the puck zone comes to mind as not needed, when Linesman will be waving off a lot more icings and players being able to dump the puck back in, get out and go right back at it.

Came close I think to all the rule changes but I'm sure I missed one or two.

Looking forward to bigger faster more exciting hockey.

CHtoo
07-25-2005, 06:14 PM
So now we will have a decison. No ties. Will this eliminate the extra point for the loser? I hope so.

Beaner
07-25-2005, 08:24 PM
:burningma

I was really hoping they would get rid of 1 point for losing. Still gonna see teams play for a tie at the end of games so they get the 1 point.

from, http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/shootout072205.html

The League will award two points to a team that wins in regulation, overtime or the shootout; one point to a team that loses in overtime or the shootout; and no points to a team that loses in regulation.

and all the rule changes are here

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html