PDA

View Full Version : Blades bring back Nikkel...

Trav
07-03-2013, 02:24 PM
http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-acquire-nikkel-from-silvertips

Nice to see him back in Saskatoon. Blades give up Pufahl and a 5th. Might be a bit much for Nikkel who probably didn't have quite the season he wanted last year. He looked good in Saskatoon b4 being traded in that Schenn deal. Now if only we can get McGauley back.

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I always liked Nikkel's game, not a bad trade for the Blades there.

How many 20yr olds do you guys have left now? Beniot, Valcourt, Burns ? Can't think off hand who's left now

Trav
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I always liked Nikkel's game, not a bad trade for the Blades there.

How many 20yr olds do you guys have left now? Beniot, Valcourt, Burns ? Can't think off hand who's left now

Yeah plus Schmidt, Craige so their thinning out which is nice.

Makarov, Stransky are obviously gone.

5 left seems to be the current number.

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
They will prob keep Craig around to help the young defense core, Schmit I'm sure they will release before camp is over (if they wait that long).

I'm sure Valcourt or Benoit will be dealt before camps open, & hope the Pats are the team to land 1 of them. Fenske to me isn't worth a 20yr old spot on our team with so many young promising Dmen coming up this year for the Pats.

curwie
07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Some decent moves so far.

To recap:
2nd for Thrower.
6th for Astles
Pochuk and a 3rd for Sutter
3rd and a 7th for McColgan
Nikkel for Pufahl and a 5th.

Not too bad.

sbtatter
07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-acquire-nikkel-from-silvertips

Nice to see him back in Saskatoon. Blades give up Pufahl and a 5th. Might be a bit much for Nikkel who probably didn't have quite the season he wanted last year. He looked good in Saskatoon b4 being traded in that Schenn deal. Now if only we can get McGauley back.

I loved Nikkel, apart from the alleged off ice issue that caused his departure. Not happy to see him back in the East!

patsdude114
07-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Some decent moves so far.

To recap:
2nd for Thrower.
6th for Astles
Pochuk and a 3rd for Sutter
3rd and a 7th for Mcolgan
Nikkel for Puphal and a 5th.

Not too bad.

2 players (both D if I am correct) 2 3rd`s a 6th & a possible 2nd if Thrower returns as a 20yr old... not too bad but then the Blades will take anyone with some league experience at this point.

curwie
07-03-2013, 10:51 PM
2 players (both D if I am correct) 2 3rd`s a 6th & a possible 2nd if Thrower returns as a 20yr old... not too bad but then the Blades will take anyone with some league experience at this point.

Lol that's for sure. We're gonna be a team of plumbers next year.

Trav
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM
It will be a long season but the Blades do have some good young guys coming up so it'll be nice to watch them play. Hopefully they can be a .500 team.

curwie
07-03-2013, 11:02 PM
It will be a long season but the Blades do have some good young guys coming up so it'll be nice to watch them play. Hopefully they can be a .500 team.

Agreed. 500 might be shooting a little high though. Wonder what it would take to get the 8th and final playoff spot?

Trevor
07-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Agreed. 500 might be shooting a little high though. Wonder what it would take to get the 8th and final playoff spot?

Year 8th Place Points
12-13 72
11-12 82
10-11 67
09-10 78
08-09 67*

Past 5 years averages out to 73 points, if you want to put any stock in averages. That's just for the east, obviously. Just a guess but the west would be somewhere around 55 points.

*Tie breaker game required between PA and Edm.

curwie
07-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Year 8th Place Points
12-13 72
11-12 82
10-11 67
09-10 78
08-09 67*

Past 5 years averages out to 73 points, if you want to put any stock in averages. That's just for the east, obviously. Just a guess but the west would be somewhere around 55 points.

*Tie breaker game required between PA and Edm.

Thanks for that. So historically, on average, a 36 win season and 36 loss season, is 1 point shy of taking the 8th and final playoff spot.

patsdude114
07-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Maybe the Blades can get caught with some sort of recruitment cheating that would only cost them this years 1st round pick that way they won't have to give up there extremelyy high pick to BRN in an optional swap lmao then Mollenken can finally have the last laugh in a trade with KM ha

Trav
07-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Maybe the Blades can get caught with some sort of recruitment cheating that would only cost them this years 1st round pick that way they won't have to give up there extremelyy high pick to BRN in an optional swap lmao then Mollenken can finally have the last laugh in a trade with KM ha

The Blades actually don't even have a 1st round pick, they traded their pick to Vancouver in the Nathan Burns deal so wherever Brandon would originally pick, thats where the Giants will be picking.

I doubt the Blades will be last in the league anyways though I do think Brandon will end up with a top 6 pick.

JMoney1988
07-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah plus Schmidt, Craige so their thinning out which is nice.

Makarov, Stransky are obviously gone.

5 left seems to be the current number.

According to the paper this morning, Schmidt was released, which brings us down to 4 20 twenty year olds (minus camp/non-returnees) Burns, Valcourt, Benoit, and Craig.

I see them keeping Craig, Burns and Valcourt........, but I could be wrong.

I'm curious to see how Moodie fares as the number 1 and how this new import forward plays, maybe he will be like Stransky???? Time will tell

sbtatter
07-05-2013, 06:09 AM
The Blades actually don't even have a 1st round pick, they traded their pick to Vancouver in the Nathan Burns deal so wherever Brandon would originally pick, thats where the Giants will be picking.

I doubt the Blades will be last in the league anyways though I do think Brandon will end up with a top 6 pick.

Blades gave Bdn the option to switch 1st round picks in 2014, part of the Walker deal, so Blades will give Van either their pick or Bdn's pick, depending on what Bdn decide to do. Hopefully the Blades pick is a lottery one so Bdn can take that and have a chance at #1 overall

patsdude114
07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Blades gave Bdn the option to switch 1st round picks in 2014, part of the Walker deal, so Blades will give Van either their pick or Bdn's pick, depending on what Bdn decide to do. Hopefully the Blades pick is a lottery one so Bdn can take that and have a chance at #1 overall

It blows my mind that VAN even agreed to that deal with Burns with so much uncertainty in the pick alone. But I also don't blame either the WKs or VAN cause neither player (Walker or Burns) were worth a 1st rd pick to begin with even if the Blades & WKs are just swapping picks, Mollenken had to of known that his team this year would suck when making the Walker trade.

Vancouver prob couldn't believe there ear's when Mollenken agreed to a 1st round pick for Burns so I guess they prob don't care if BRN has a very late 1st rd pick as they are still happier then a butchers dog in that deal.

Trav
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM

Umm that's what I was saying man lol. Saskatoon doesn't have a pick so it'll be the Wheat Kings and Giants swapping picks basically.

I don't think it'll be a top four pick though going to Brandon.