PDA

View Full Version : Pats Prospects

RWAH
07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
The "Small Thoughts at Large" site has the updated Pats prospect list and the player stats and comments.
Any other thoughts from all posters would be interesting.

nivek_wahs
07-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Surprised that Tanner Burgardt is no longer listed by the Pats. But I guess the continual improvement of Patrick Gora and the emergence of Nick Schneider spelled the end of Burgardt.

Surprised that Lyndon Martell is still listed by the Pats. I have no comment here.

west coast
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
agreed on Lynden Martel- he had some success with Pats but he has been playing junior A for a while and it would be a stretch to see him compete for one of 3 20 year old spots-

patsdude114
07-11-2013, 06:44 AM
The Pats dropped Martell last summer which was why he was not at training camp last year as for Burgart I'm like 95% sure he is still on the Pats list, Lang had him pegged in as 1 of the canidates for our crease this coming season when he was talking about having 3 19yr olds competing for the starting role. That small thoughts blog always has a lot of errors on it, you, me & a few other active guys on here midas well make up a list & ours would be fairly accurate with a few errors as well lmao

nivek_wahs
07-11-2013, 12:54 PM
The Pats dropped Martell last summer which was why he was not at training camp last year as for Burgart I'm like 95% sure he is still on the Pats list, Lang had him pegged in as 1 of the canidates for our crease this coming season when he was talking about having 3 19yr olds competing for the starting role. That small thoughts blog always has a lot of errors on it, you, me & a few other active guys on here midas well make up a list & ours would be fairly accurate with a few errors as well lmaoI would call Alan's blog nearly 100% accurate. I have dealt with him over many years and he's almost always right or can back up his information.

I have received a copy of the Pats PPL and at the time Martell was on the Pats list and Burgardt isn't. Martell did surprise me a bit but he's an overage now and most likely isn't Pats property anymore. The Burgardt one actually did surprise me a bit.

I contacted Alan about Burgardt and he did some research for me (because he knows what he's doing).

->Fact is that Burgardt was released sometime in May or very early June.

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2013/06/02/pats-spring-camp-wrap/

- Schneider and Patrick Gora, 17, are expected to be in contention for the backup job in training camp. With the graduation of veteran Matt Hewitt, incumbent Teagan Sacher is slated to compete for the starter’s position along with recent trade pickup Dawson MacAuley and ex-backup Adam Beukeboom. They’re all 19. Former draft picks Tanner Burgardt and Nathan Churchill have been dropped by Regina.

->Fact is Burgardt committed to play in the BCHL with Westside back in April.

http://www.westkelownawarriors.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=1414&leagueID=3597&page=70030

Tanner Bugrardt (95) is a proven goalie the last two years in Midget AAA. Tanner has been among the league leaders over those two years. Last year he posted a 17-4-2 record. With a 2.03 GAA and a .919 Save Percentage.

“Tanner has just plain and simple stopped pucks the last two years; his calm demeanor in the net is exactly what we were looking for,” says Ferster.

I guess that the emergence of Schneider as a 16 year old and the fact that Gora has gotten better each time I've seen him made the 18 year old Burgardt expendable.

patsdude114
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
That's great news for Burgaurt though since his odds weren't that good to crack our roster this year anyways.

Definitely don't get the reason why Martell is still on it though, I could of swore that I read somewhere last year Conacher was talking about Martell being dropped off the PL as to why he wasn't invited to camp. Either way it doesn't really matter cause we all know that even if he does show up to camp (since he is apparently still on the PL) there is no way he would ever stand a chance at cracking our lineup as a 20yr old.

Thanks for the articles though with confirmation :) always nice to read that stuff.

RWAH
07-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Kevin your quote
"I have received a copy of the Pats PPL and at the time Martell was on the Pats list and Burgardt isn't. Martell did surprise me a bit but he's an overage now and most likely isn't Pats property anymore. The Burgardt one actually did surprise me a bit."
How do you get on the list to get a copy of the PPL?

RWAH
07-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Seven weeks to training camp and a slow day at work so here is some stats from the east div. prospects list. I used the prospects as "Small Thoughts" posted the lists. Saskatoon is not posted but here are the other five.
these stats are on the 16 year old prospects only.

PA has the fewest at 7 players, 3 D Men and 4 Forwards and one tender (not used to calculate the avaeages). All 7 prospecte are 6 feet or more and the average is 6 foot 1 inch. the average per player is 35 games , 24.5 points and 37 penalty min. the highs were the same player with 60 PTS and 67 PIM

Swift is next with 10 players. 4 on D and 6 forwards. Two of the prospecte did not have stats posted so they were not used to calculats the average. Games 48.5, points 35 and PIM is 51.5. there is 5 players 6 feet or more and 4 players under 6 ft.. there are 2 dmen with PIM at 116 and 81 and a center at 79 PIM and the highest points were 66

Brandon at 12 players 5 D and 7 forwards. They averaged 5 ft 11 in. but have only 1 player 6 ft or more and 11 under 6 ft. The averages are 39.5 games, 24.66 points and 5 ft. 11 in.. They also have 2 tenders
Moose Jaw: has 13 16 year old prospecte at 6 d-men and 7 forwards with 4 - 6 ft or more and 9 under 6 ft.. the averages are 30.5 games 16 points and 30.5 PIM The leading point getter at 50 points was also the leading penalized at 66 min. MJ has one tender

Pats: Also have 13 players, 4 D-men and 9 forwards with 9 players 6 ft. or more and 4 under 6 ft. the average is 41 games played 25.33 points per game and 37.5 PIM. and one tender. They have the tallest prospect at 6 ft. 4 in. d-man that has more than 100 PIM, and the shortest at 5 ft. 5 in.

The prospect that recorded the most offence last season is a 6 ft. center for PA that in 31 games recorded 60 points or a 1.93 points per game. The most penalized player is swift's D-man at 116 min in 31 games or 3.74 min per game

Stats are for baseball managers and liars, but as I said a slow day at work so for what its worth!

RWAH
07-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Here is Saskatoons 16 year old prospects. They have 3 D-men, 8 forwards and 1 tender. excluding the tender the avrage height is 5 ft 11 in. with 5 player 6 feet or more and 6 under 6 feet. they averaged 40 games and 24.5 points per player. Of note they have no giants (no player over 6 ft 1in.) and have Mike Sillinger's son Owen who is 5 ft 5 in stats are 36 games 44 points and 48 PIM (same height as Liam Finley) whos stats are 52 games 60 points and 16 PIM