PDA

View Full Version : Third Assistant hired

RWAH
07-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Bill McGuigin seems to have a lot to offer. A lot of experience at the JR A level and a real success with that age group which will fit in with the Pats. However the nay Sayers will point out nepatisium. Hope Josh does not get squeezed out

RWAH
07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
""Phil the Thrill's" blog has three taped interview with Bill, and Chad and Malcolm

patsdude114
07-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I haven't had the chance to listen to any of the interviews on his blog yet but I'm assuming since he is also from PEI that he is some sort of a friend of Cameron's. McCuigan has a very impressive Jr. A resume, last year his team was the host of the RBC Cup but they won there league so went in thru the front door & lost in the final.

Be nice to see a fresh face coming in who has a development history, something this franchise has lacked over the last 15+yrs. I'm also assuming he is more a defensive minded coach to take over the Dmen coach on the bench (not that it truely matters as Dixon managed it a few times last year as well.

With our crappy summer so far, only 2 weeks of hot sunny weather midas well bring on training camp :)

RWAH
07-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Wish I could figure out how to post the link. Taking note blog has a link to the PEI paper about Bill M coming to Regina

Fight Guy
07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Wish I could figure out how to post the link. Taking note blog has a link to the PEI paper about Bill M coming to Regina

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/2013-07-22/article-3324344/McGuigan-makes-the-jump-to-major-junior/1