PDA

View Full Version : Blades sold???

patsdude114
07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
is it true that the Blades have been sold? anyone hearing anything in Saskatoon?

Trav
07-31-2013, 10:52 PM
is it true that the Blades have been sold? anyone hearing anything in Saskatoon?

Haven't heard anything. Where did u hear that they were? Hopefully they have been, though I wouldn't be surprised if only part of the team was sold and Brodsky would retain majority percent of the team, which would suck.

Trav
08-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Looks like two groups r interested in buying the club...

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/dealer+pursues+Blades/8734484/story.html

The group involving former Blades Rhett Warrener and Kelly Chase would be my choice. Dunno much bout the other guy whose a car dealership owner but he tried to buy the Blazers years ago and failed.

Madmax
08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Looks like two groups r interested in buying the club...

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/dealer+pursues+Blades/8734484/story.html

The group involving former Blades Rhett Warrener and Kelly Chase would be my choice. Dunno much bout the other guy whose a car dealership owner but he tried to buy the Blazers years ago and failed.

I'm hearing Brodsky won't sell to a certain ex player because he was so critical towards the Blades and the MC last year. That would be pretty sad if it was true. I know their heart is in the right place and its not just another trophy or hobby to own. For them it becomes their livelihood. Anyways I have also been told that it is already in the leagues hands and a decision will be done soon.

wango tango
08-19-2013, 03:41 PM
heard yesterday it is a done deal to the edmonton group just waiting for league approval.

Trav
08-19-2013, 06:56 PM
heard yesterday it is a done deal to the edmonton group just waiting for league approval.

Hopefully the new owner will put more money in to the team and at the same time clean house with the management and scouting staff.

curwie
08-19-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm hearing Brodsky won't sell to a certain ex player because he was so critical towards the Blades and the MC last year. That would be pretty sad if it was true. I know their heart is in the right place and its not just another trophy or hobby to own. For them it becomes their livelihood. Anyways I have also been told that it is already in the leagues hands and a decision will be done soon.

So many rumours out there. My belief is Jack is selling to the highest bidder. It has nothing to do with what's best for Saskatoon fans etc. It is was it is, and hopefully the new owner has the ability to recognize that we need to have good/preferably younger hockey people in charge that are committed to winning.

Madmax
08-19-2013, 08:52 PM
So many rumours out there. My belief is Jack is selling to the highest bidder. It has nothing to do with what's best for Saskatoon fans etc. It is was it is, and hopefully the new owner has the ability to recognize that we need to have good/preferably younger hockey people in charge that are committed to winning.

Well was kind of hoping Jack would do what was done in Kamloops and not take the highest offer, but give a little something back to the ex players and the community. That group has done an excellent job rebuilding that program in a short amount of time. I hope your right and this guy gets this franchise on the right track and is committed to winning.

curwie
08-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Well was kind of hoping Jack would do what was done in Kamloops and not take the highest offer, but give a little something back to the ex players and the community. That group has done an excellent job rebuilding that program in a short amount of time. I hope your right and this guy gets this franchise on the right track and is committed to winning.

Me too. With that being said, is there any reason why the ex players can't be the highest bidder? There has to be some deep pockets in that group or other groups besides that one.

Also heard a crazy rumor on the weekend that Mike Babcock was involved with a 3rd group to purchase the Blades! No idea at all if its true. Like I said earlier, Soooo Many rumors.

patsdude114
08-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Well was kind of hoping Jack would do what was done in Kamloops and not take the highest offer, but give a little something back to the ex players and the community.

If he is serious about selling the team (which is believed to be true) he is in this to make money in the end so why wouldn't he take the highest bid?

Madmax
08-26-2013, 10:31 AM
If he is serious about selling the team (which is believed to be true) he is in this to make money in the end so why wouldn't he take the highest bid?

Why didn't they take the highest bid in Kamloops? It was quite a bit short of the other offers on the table including the highest bid from some car guy in Edmonton. Jack has taken lots out of this franchise in terms of money. It doesn't hurt to put something back. How many millions more does he need? Can't spend what he has now. It also shows a little loyalty to the players that played here and that did in fact keep coming home and promoting the Blades and Jack at times. At the very least he could have said match the offer and its yours. The highest bid is not always what's best. Its the same with the Pats. I would hope when Parkers decide to sell that Sillinger's group would be the buyers. I know there are about 4 groups waiting for that day to happen if it does, but again loyalty should come into play with these owners.

patsdude114
08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Loyalty is always nice don't get me wrong but depends on what the owner selling is really after, he doesn't owe the franchise anything nor does he owe past players anything to take a lesser bid to give the franchise to them. Its business just how it goes, & the Kamloops situation was just that 'Kamloops situation' has nothing to do with the blades situation.

Madmax
08-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Loyalty is always nice don't get me wrong but depends on what the owner selling is really after, he doesn't owe the franchise anything nor does he owe past players anything to take a lesser bid to give the franchise to them. Its business just how it goes, & the Kamloops situation was just that 'Kamloops situation' has nothing to do with the blades situation.

Well Jack can do whatever he likes, it is his team I agree. Sometimes showing some loyalties back comes in to play down the road in life. I mean the guy paid nothing for the franchise. But that's why they couldn't win, it was all about the money first.