PDA

View Full Version : Rookie camp

tiny
08-25-2013, 05:14 PM
After watching rookie camp this AM, a few I noticed that stood out for me were:
G - Colby Entz - quick kid that never quit on anything. Very adept with blocker

D - Wyatt Kalynuk - smart, aggressive, and willing to muscle it out

- Josh Mahura - may be a little small but good first pass and skates well

- Brett Hamer - at forward for a while and did fine there. skates well and solid positional play in his own end.

- Austin Strand - not showy but steady and in position making it harder to get to the net.

F - Pawlenchuk and Friesen sat out with injuries

- Adam Musil - solid, aggressive, and willing to be a good linemate

- Brayden Burke - small, quick, smart, playmaker.

- Tanner Laderoute - Sutter's kind of player: aggressive, willing to muck, good assist man.

- Jeff de Witt- looks like he could become the player projected.

- others at times: Traptow, Nell, McCarty, and Johnson.

Love to hear from others who were at the camp.

SectionNDeserter
08-25-2013, 06:50 PM
After watching rookie camp this AM, a few I noticed that stood out for me were:
G - Colby Entz - quick kid that never quit on anything. Very adept with blockerBest goalie in rookie camp the last two days, stopped pretty much everything he saw, and had great rebound control.

D - Wyatt Kalynuk - smart, aggressive, and willing to muscle it outAnd on top of that, has just a fantastic saucer pass

- Austin Strand - not showy but steady and in position making it harder to get to the net.Really struggled at keeping the puck in the offensive zone and making a play with it at the point, but like you say, very steady in his own end.

Adam Musil - solid, aggressive, and willing to be a good linemateNot super noticeable on day one, but was absolutely big-leaguing everyone out there in the scrimmage today.

Brayden Burke - small, quick, smart, playmaker.Given that he has about 15 goals between this camp and the scrimmages in the spring camp, I would say he is more of a goal scorer than a playmaker. Fantastic speed and hands, and just seems to know where to go to without the puck to get set up for a scoring chance. The more I see him, the more I think that we might be seeing him in Red Deer in the not too distant future.

Tanner Laderoute - Sutter's kind of player: aggressive, willing to muck, good assist man. Tons of energy, looked really good with Burke and Musil.