PDA

View Full Version : Devolution of info

johnnyradiant
09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
The other day I was gonna post a whine about what seems to have been a steady slide over the 2 or 3 years about info coming from the dub teams most notably from the Giants, mostly because that is my focus. Some could be just perceived but some is not. Even the game sheets of a couple seasons ago provided a little more consistent updates on the goings on including injuries than we were getting last season. I took some solace in getting a decent overview out of Taking Note, but now, can you imagine the nerve of some people, he's taken a break for the sake of the health and well being of a loved one. Now my self centered desire for some consistent dub and g men info seems to have suffered another blow. If I am not alone in my perception maybe we could all start letting the Giants know they should be a little more forthcoming with some fan news.

Andrej_The_Giant
09-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I agree. There's been no announcements of any cuts, injuries, etc. on the Giants this pre-season. The news on recent happenings with the GMen is seemingly non-existent and all my info comes from word of mouth through the guys on this board and it shouldn't be like that if you ask me. It shouldn't be so hard to find out who's nursing what and how long they'll be out for or who's been sent back. Not everybody makes it to every game either so game notes only serve the 7000 or so people that are in the Coliseum on a given night.

rinkrat
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
There's this new thing called twitter. Tons of info there.

Also see Alan Caldwell's blog for rosters and other info. http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2013/08/2013-14-team-rosters.html

johnnyradiant
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
isn't that info still essentially word of mouth or is that how the teams and leagues want to disseminate their info now? I'm out then.

Andrej_The_Giant
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Not everybody wants to be glued to their phones all the time either, information on Twitter tends to disappear fast if you're following enough people so if you're not on the second it's posted it's easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. Besides, if there's enough time to tweet the info can't the same info also be posted somewhere as well without making people go hunting for it?

johnnyradiant
09-20-2013, 12:22 PM
There are a few teams that have game notes of substance. As far as I have encountered the teams all have something. I have not confirmed that ALL do but because I have seen a large cross-section I have made that assumption. Vancouver's content is one page for the two rosters and one page for less and less info. The teams make them available via PDF on their sites. Some teams choose to let their fans have a little more meat than others. Today's 'hawks game sheet is 16 pages. Vancouver makes a similar package available to their 'media' that every once in awhile I see. I don't see why it can't be available for download by the fans.