PDA

View Full Version : Ouellette and Fenske reassigned

witness
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Looks like the Pats just got younger.

Creating space for other 20's (I hope one is a goaltender)?

Thoughts??

whl_observer
09-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Very Interesting that the trigger was pulled this quickly. I'm guessing Lang ha something up his sleeve that should surface quickly, otherwise why tip his cap to other GMs and increase the price tag for potential trades.

Goaltending isnt always the problem. Sometimes bad team defense leads to goaltending looking horrible. I havent watched the games this year but if this year is anything like last then I think we should cut the goalies some slack. When players in this league are shooting from high percentage areas they are going to score. This is the best development league in the world for a reason. They are the best of the best and would score on those shots regardless of who is in net.

RWAH
09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I agree Chad has to have some moves planed. We should see at least 1 20 come our way.
Roster is now 8 D Men 16 Forwards and 3 tenders with Schneider

Warrior
09-23-2013, 03:13 PM
They weren't reassigned, they quit. Ask em...

W

patsdude114
09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
WELL IM HAPPIER THEN A BUTCHER'S DOG!!!!!:groovy::bounce::clap:

no more Fenske this guy wasn't good enough to be a 20yr old in this league even if it was on our weak defense. Id rather see Reagan get Fenske's ice time then him. Fenske doesn't have the skill set to play the style of game Cameron wants to play, so this move makes a lot of sense.

I had a feeling something was up when Ouellette wasn't dressed in SC, he wasn't that bad during our home opener to be a healthy scratch.

Either way I said long time ago these 2 players are not good enough to be 20yr olds, I was giving Ouellette abit of slack just flat out cause of his defensive game and faceoffs.

If the Pats need help paying for Fenske's bus ticket out of town ill be more then happy to pay for it, I'll use it as a business right off somehow.:groovy::bounce::clap::groovy:

Sttop
09-23-2013, 05:46 PM
:burningmad:
WELL IM HAPPIER THEN A BUTCHER'S DOG!!!!!:groovy::bounce::clap:

If the Pats need help paying for Fenske's bus ticket out of town ill be more then happy to pay for it, I'll use it as a business right off somehow.:groovy::bounce::clap::groovy:

Best line I have seen in a while

west coast
09-23-2013, 06:45 PM
:burningmad:

Best line I have seen in a while

I think that was a classless quote - both kids busted their asses to play hockey in Regina and buddy is slamming the door as they leave town ,,,c'mon man - - I think both moves suck as Lang should have upgraded before emptying the 20 year old cupboards. Lang you are 0-2 to start the season , people are going to start calling for your head soon with moves like that

patsdude114
09-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Ive said from day 1 of training camp (even into the offseason I did) that Fenske wasn't good enough to be a 20yr old on our roster, everyone defended him til they were blue in the face (for the most part).

Now that he's gone people still want to defend him, for the life of me I don't see why, maybe if the guy actually showed a will to want to drop the mits maybe he'd still be with the team. The guy shows zero passion & then cries to the ref when he gets a penalty cause he couldn't keep up in the play.

All I want to say now to this is, our defense wasn't great with Fenske and its no better or worse without Fenske. Let the young guys (Mumby, Harrison, Reagan) get some minutes and let them make there own mistakes to learn from. Tye Hand is bringing physical play & toughness to our blueline, he may not be the toughest guy in the league but the guy isn't afraid to drop the mits. He is exactly what this team has been missing the past few years, if he can beef up abit this season & intimidate even a few players then mission accomplished for him.

Sttop
09-23-2013, 07:14 PM
I think that was a classless quote - both kids busted their asses to play hockey in Regina and buddy is slamming the door as they leave town ,,,c'mon man - - I think both moves suck as Lang should have upgraded before emptying the 20 year old cupboards. Lang you are 0-2 to start the season , people are going to start calling for your head soon with moves like that

your allowed to think what you want... Just like P114 is allowed to like or dislike whoever he/she wants to. He didn't slander the kid at all just said he is glad he is not on the team anymore. We all have our favorites and have players that we don't like.

Mellow Yellow69
09-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Do the wheaties have their own private board im confused lol it got deleted right after last years deadline or what?

patsdude114
09-23-2013, 11:30 PM
95% of them think there better then everyone on this board they all went to that other whlfans site when this 1 got hacked they just never came back lol seems like only sbtatter only comes on here (he's a wks fan right? Lol)

trucker
09-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Fenske cost your team the game in swift on Saturday night when he took a stupid penalty near the end of the game, and we scored. I'd expect a lot more from a 20 year old d-man.

patsdude114
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Stupid penalty or not, Fenske tends to take a lot of penalties just cause he can't keep up, he has experience but as a 20yr old you have to bring more then just that. When we have 2 younger guys who play the same style of game you know your days are numbered on a team that is slowly rebuilding.

I don't expect Stephenson to be with the team after xmas as we will move him to bring in a quality young prospect. Stephenson will bring that back as long as he stays healthy. He is on Washington's radar after his camp so the odds are at he won't be back as a 20yr old, especially when you consider the Caps kept Mitchell up a few yrs back when another year of junior would of done him much better, to work on his offensive game more. Hands of stone don't keep you in the pro ranks long as there is always a younger cheaper version of you game style.

west coast
09-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Just curious on which teams have an abundance of 20 year old players?

patsdude114
09-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Just curious on which teams have an abundance of 20 year old players?

On the other fan board I was reading last night only like 3 teams have 4 or more, but apparently Engel (if I'm spelling it right) is a 20yr old free agent goalie. The pickings are slim as last year was a very weak year for 19yr olds which results into a weak 20yr old group plus throw in the 19yr olds from last year that graduated to pro & it gets slimmer fast

witness
09-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I really don't see Engel with his .888 gaa last year, as a huge upgrade.

And to be fair to Fenske and Ouellette, why not release them now? If they couldn't accept that their skill level was at a 4th or 5th defenseman and a 3rd line checker, then let them try to catch on with a Junior A team.

If the Pats can't find a 40 point guy and a 2 or 3 dman, why not go young?

Hopefully the goaltending settles down and can provide some consistency...

patsdude114
09-25-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't see Engel as a huge upgrade either to be honest, and yes I don't understand why we just don't flat out release Fenske & Ouellette my only thinking would be that they left on bad terms so why give them the benefit of the doubt then. This is a business after all, yes they may still be kids but business is business no matter what age group of people your talking about.