PDA

View Full Version : pats road trip (edm, rd, koo)

patsdude114
09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Will start off by saying....... Wasn't expecting to see us up 5-0 after 2 periods of play, but I'm not complaining either.

MacAuley got the call tonight between the pipes, I haven't listened to any yet but appears like he is having somewhat of a bounce back game. Which he was kind of forced too or he may of saw his way out the door.

witness
09-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Sacher is a surprise scratch.
6-0. Who saw that coming?

RWAH
09-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Shut out. Hope that is his style of play for the year. Maybe that home opener (bed pooping) was nerves. Its only one win but the style od play is so much more aggressive can hardly wait till they get home again.
Hope we hear in the post game why the tender change

Bighat
09-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Coach Dixon kind of danced around the question, good effort tonite. I like the looks of this hockey team pretty deep up front and a mix of size and speed on the backend. Tending I still think there will be a move made.

patsdude114
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
I didn't get a chance to listen to much of the game, tuned into it in 3rd and it was 6-0 kind of hard to keep listening to a game that is over already.

Is Nick Schneider with the team on this trip as well? If if would make sense to let him at least sit on the bench for the game in Edmonton being the he is from Leduc & all.

Something about 6s tonight, Seattle is up 6-0 with 4mins left in there game and Spokane is up 6-1 with 2mins left.

Fight Guy
09-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I thought Dixon beat around the bush as well. Said it was kind of the plan... Kind of the plan to not even dress him to let MacAuley play?? Sounds fishy. Wonder what the story behind that is.

patsdude114
09-26-2013, 12:05 AM
You guys are making me wish I had tuned into the after game show

RWAH
09-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Your right coach Dixson was evasive to the question. But he said Dawson looked sharper in the warm ups and that was the plan all along. And that he (coach Duxon) thought Dawson over thought the home opener so they wanted him calmer for his next start.
IMO this team is gritter than last year with more players willing to step up for a team mate. Watching Brickner in training camp he was a **** disturber much like Jordon Tutu with Brandon but less skill. Like to see him in the line up against PA or Swift and see if he can get them off their games.
The next question is who starts in Red Deer?

Fight Guy
09-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Your right coach Dixson was evasive to the question. But he said Dawson looked sharper in the warm ups and that was the plan all along. And that he (coach Dixon) thought Dawson over thought the home opener so they wanted him calmer for his next start.

Yes, this is what he said, but doesn't it seem odd that Sacher was then scratched, and from what I've read, Schneider dressing last minute?? Pretty odd plan, if you ask me.

nivek_wahs
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Yes, this is what he said, but doesn't it seem odd that Sacher was then scratched, and from what I've read, Schneider dressing last minute?? Pretty odd plan, if you ask me.Extremely odd "plan" considering Greg Harder says on his blog that Sacher was injured during warm-up...

MacAuley picked up his first win as a member of the Pats. He was a last-minute replacement for Teagan Sacher, who was injured during pre-game warm-ups.

See more at: http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2013/09/25/pats-pound-oil-kings/#sthash.t4OD8zHA.dpuf

RWAH
09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Extremely odd "plan" considering Greg Harder says on his blog that Sacher was injured during warm-up...

Why would Dixon be so cute or misleading in the post game show?

nivek_wahs
09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Why would Dixon be so cute or misleading in the post game show?Very good question. Andrews and Fink sounded puzzled before Dixon's explanation and even more so after it.

Fight Guy
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
My thoughts exactly. If he DID get injured, seems even more odd now that they avoided the question. Don't see much reason not disclose it.

patsdude114
09-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Looks like we could of used a couple of those goals from wednesday night against the Rebels tonight.

What a treat it must of been to watch the WK's & Raiders, 8-6 PA now that's old time hockey

patsdude114
09-29-2013, 10:05 AM
8 goals in 3 games usually gets you at least 2 wins but not in this case when you fill the net 6 times in 1 game and then struggle to get anything more then 1 the next 2.

Being beat by 2 backup goaltenders is completely unacceptable, especially when only scoring once on both. Hopefully we start finding a scoring touch sometime soon, I know this year is going to be another long year but would be nice to see some progress. Its still a long season so im still holding out for some optimism.

RWAH
09-29-2013, 10:33 PM
in Red Deer we managed 17 shots with a 16 year old tender for RD. worse yet the shot total for the 2nd and 3rd periods was 9 total. that is not the system that the coaches want the team to play, That was the players coasting after the Edm. game. That's the coaches not having the team prepared or the team not listening to the coaches.
The Kootney game was good goal tending (for Kootney) and a non-productive PP for the Pats.
I'm still optimistic the teams we have played, IMO will be top 6 in the conference. certainly Swift, Kootney and Red Deer are and Edmonton is sort of a guess

patsdude114
09-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Im sure things will come although im not expecting us to be a top team by any means, the systems im sure the players are still getting used to, there is still what 67 more games to go. A lot can happen both good and bad just hope the good out weighs the bad.

Stephenson is playing lights out hockey right now having 4g in 4games with 5pts, he keeps up his slightly over point/game pace he will earn himself a contract with the capitals and find himself on a different team come trade deadline and give the Pats a nice return to speed up our rebuild.