PDA

View Full Version : Thrower

johnnyradiant
10-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Given the great pre-season and regular season start, how long do we have Thrower before the management announces there was a request to move him to a team that is more likely to go deeper into the playoffs?
Trade deadline or sooner?

Giantsfan
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
If the Giants feel they are going to make the playoffs, then they will probably keep Thrower to guide some of the younger players. If they are not going to make the playoffs, they will trade him if he is ok with that. That's my 2 cents.

Priceisright
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Wonder if he will win any games on this road trip?

Lucic
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM
If the Giants feel they are going to make the playoffs, then they will probably keep Thrower to guide some of the younger players. If they are not going to make the playoffs, they will trade him if he is ok with that. That's my 2 cents.

Agreed. As long as the Giants are in playoff contention I'd expect Thrower to be on the team. If they aren't and he's willing to be traded it wouldn't make any sense to hold onto him when they could get an asset in return.

johnnyradiant
10-04-2013, 07:15 PM
It's time for some Bear Ast goals.

Lucic
10-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Thrower was easily the best Giant tonight by far.

Giantsfan
10-04-2013, 09:30 PM
It was good to see Houck get a goal, hopefully getting the monkey off his back. Ast potted another.

I thought Thrower was the best player & I thought Kulak also had a good game & even dropped the gloves! He was paired with Thrower most of the game.

Definitely a better effort tonight, but the 2nd period seems to be their worst period this season.

A couple of things that were mentioned was that Brandon has been outshot in every game this season.

Also, I didn't know that Zalitach was a center iceman throughout most of his hockey career.

Also, going back last season, & including playoffs Hamilton is goal less in his last 30 games. I believe that is what Wilms mentioned at the top of the broadcast.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Also, going back last season, & including playoffs Hamilton is goal less in his last 30 games. I believe that is what Wilms mentioned at the top of the broadcast.

Lovely. Just what the team needs, a smallish 19 year old who can't score.

dondo
10-06-2013, 11:54 AM
The only positives on this team right now are due to what Thrower brought his first game. I think he is much more valuable as a mentor than a rental player for another team. Unless we were able to get a big return as we did for Cunner, I would hold on to him to to show our young D how it's done.