PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade Polei to Red Deer for Cory Millette

Trav
10-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Millette had been playing in the SJHL since being sent down by Red Deer. Two players that probably could use a second chance somewhere else.

Bladesguy
10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Where did he play in the SJ?

Trav
10-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Estevan Bruins. Has played in two games and has two goals. Going to assume he'll be joining the Blades rite now.

patsdude114
10-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Im going to guess Millette is going to wear #11 ;)

Kind of a different trade for a rebuilding Blades team, considering Polei is a year younger & a fairly big kid as well at 6'1 228lbs

patsdude114
10-10-2013, 04:18 PM
I see the Blades also release Pochuk (guy they got from RD in Sutter deal) so if he has been released what exactly did the Blades get for Sutter now?

The Saskatoon Blades have announced that they have recalled defenceman Ross Hnidy from the Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL. To make room for Hnidy on the roster, the team has released defenceman Kevin Pochuk.

Hnidy appeared in one game with the Blades earlier this season before being re-assigned to the SJHL on September 30th. The 17 year old blueliner from Saskatoon was held without a point or any penalty minutes in that game on September 28th, and had an even plus-minus rating.

Hnidy was selected by Saskatoon in the 6th round, 115th overall, in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft. He spent the last two seasons as a member of the Midget-AAA Saskatoon Contacts, winning the provincial title both years. Last year in 43 games with the Contacts, Hnidy posted 3 goals and 11 points to go along with 146 PIMs.

This was Kevin Pochuk's first year as a member of the Blades after being acquired in an offseason deal with the Red Deer Rebels. He had dressed in 5 games so far this season with Saskatoon, posting a -2 rating with 6 PIMs.

The move means the Blades roster stays at 24 players including two goalies, 7 defencemen and 15 forwards.

Trav
10-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I see the Blades also release Pochuk (guy they got from RD in Sutter deal) so if he has been released what exactly did the Blades get for Sutter now?

The Saskatoon Blades have announced that they have recalled defenceman Ross Hnidy from the Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL. To make room for Hnidy on the roster, the team has released defenceman Kevin Pochuk.

Hnidy appeared in one game with the Blades earlier this season before being re-assigned to the SJHL on September 30th. The 17 year old blueliner from Saskatoon was held without a point or any penalty minutes in that game on September 28th, and had an even plus-minus rating.

Hnidy was selected by Saskatoon in the 6th round, 115th overall, in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft. He spent the last two seasons as a member of the Midget-AAA Saskatoon Contacts, winning the provincial title both years. Last year in 43 games with the Contacts, Hnidy posted 3 goals and 11 points to go along with 146 PIMs.

This was Kevin Pochuk's first year as a member of the Blades after being acquired in an offseason deal with the Red Deer Rebels. He had dressed in 5 games so far this season with Saskatoon, posting a -2 rating with 6 PIMs.

The move means the Blades roster stays at 24 players including two goalies, 7 defencemen and 15 forwards.

The Blades get a 7th round pick from the Rebels. They had until today to decide between Pochuk and the 7th rounder. The Blades also got the Rebels 3rd rounder in the deal for Sutter so it ends up being 3rd and a 7th for Sutter. Not a great return but I guess Pochuk didn't impress much and was low on the Blades depth chart among D-men, not good for an 18 yr old on a rebuilding team.

SectionNDeserter
10-10-2013, 05:42 PM

As I understood it, the Blades got a 3rd round pick, and a choice of either a 7th rounder or Pochuk. Not sure how long Pochuk had to be on the roster for it to count, but at the very least they got a 3rd.

patsdude114
10-10-2013, 08:13 PM
As I understood it, the Blades got a 3rd round pick, and a choice of either a 7th rounder or Pochuk. Not sure how long Pochuk had to be on the roster for it to count, but at the very least they got a 3rd.

Ok so let me get this straight here......

RD traded away a 3rd rd '14 pick for a 20yr old who is known to be lazy and take ALOT of very stupid penalties and who has a 107pts in his career but no 1 once said that was over paying for a 20yr old.

But when REG trades a 2nd rd pick '16 (2yrs later then the 3rd) for a 20yr old where MH fans could only say great things about his work ethic & what he brings game in and game out, also has 100pts in his career (in 24 less games) but everyone says the Pats over paid for him.

As far as anyone knows (it may be a pipe dream in saying so) maybe the Pats 3yrs from now become a top 5 team in the WHL & that pick becomes a very very late 2nd round pick. Out of all the 20yr olds traded so far this year Leier had the most offensive season out of them all, I fully get every player brings different aspects in the game. Two scouts that sit up by me regularly I heard the 1 say that the Pats got the best 20yr old out of all that have been moved to far. Ya we may not of needed him as by the looks of it we will struggle to even make the playoffs but I think over paying (by standards on here from fans) for a guy that can hopefully help with a winning culture, and not accept losing, showing what it takes to stay in this league and produce while doing so from his work ethic goes a lot further then any 2nd round pick.