PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs VAN

patsdude114
10-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Ill start off by saying that was by far the worst game I have ever seen Williams play, but yet shift after shift the coaches thru him back out there, why wasn't Mumby playing more and same with Reagan. Williams was the direct fault of both 3rd period goals by VAN, he made 1 play tonight and 1 play only and that was his big hit again along the wall inside the blueline. This guy needs to be scratched for a game he has been playing was to passive.

I love the new style Cameron 'wants' to play but he is so far the worst at rolling all 4 lines, a lot of times its line 1 & 2 only. This team has a lot of work to do in terms on playing a full 60 mins but why would that be any different from the last 5 or 6 years.

A win is a win I guess but it was still tough to watch on both sides of the puck. I will say this that tripping call in OT was 1 brutal, Sinitsyn fell very easy it could of easily been 2 for diving.

witness
10-11-2013, 11:06 PM
The 4th goal a tough one for Williams. Deflected
Puck and he got caught flat footed. Williams needs to be stronger on the man and the puck in his own zone. That has been my complaint against Williams.
I thought Mumby was doing ok. Until he got turnstiled. Hak was effective again tonight. I would like to see more
Of Reagan.
Up front, Stevenson and Leier were outstanding. Battled all night and played like 20 year olds should play. Lots of guys were ok. I still don't see McCoy being a 2nd line centre.
Somebody has to tell MacGauley that the games start at 7, not 7:30.

Fight Guy
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
If Stephensen plays another game the same way he has the past two, I feel like his 'A' should be given to Leier. Tonight and against S'toon last weekend, he has been lazy as hell and not winning races to pucks and just letting the opposing team take it. This being mostly in the offensive zone!! I don't know if it's NHL camp syndrome or what, but he could probably use a game in the stands. He seems to only care when he has the puck. All this while Leier is out there working his ass off all the time and directing the play, being very vocal with his team mates. A lot of players need to be more aggressive going for the puck. There were several occasions where they could have maintained pressure with even just a few extra strides. Sinitsyn is one of them. He could be a force if he worked hard all the time. You guys covered Williams already.

Side note...the Czech jerseys looked super nice!

patsdude114
10-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Klimchuk was very pissed at Williams on that 4th goal, all Williams had to do was make 1/2 a stride at the blueline to even chip the puck towards center ice or control it but instead he backed off in the wrong direction & by the time he regained his momentuem the guy beat him & MacAuley.

As for MacAuley that 1st goal I'm not blaming him at all, was a bad turnover early & sent them in on aa 2on1, I think the more frustrating part for fans, coaches & fellow teammates is that it was the 3rd home game in a row that he allowed the 1st shot as a goal. The last 2 games that 1st goal was a very bad goal.

I agree with Sinitsyn if this guy actually competed every single shift he would prob be a top 5 Dman in the Eastern Conference. He skates extremely well & moves puck even better (when he wants too) he gets selfish at times when he taps his stick when he wants the puck & if the pass doesn't come he shrugs his shoulders like 'why am I even out here' last night in the 2nd period PP was a prime example when Gay had the puck along the half wall he was tapping his stick like crazy & when there was no pass (yes he should of gotten it was wide open for a quality shot) he shrugs his shoulders as he turns & shakes his head while going to the bench.