PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs BRN turkey day game

patsdude114
10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I hate afternoon games with a passion, I don't get season tickets for afternoon entertainment but don't get me wrong I know why they have them as they put on family packs for families of 4 can enjoy a game at a cheaper rate. Just still hate them, imo they should put deals like family day on for every game to increase fans coming out. Junior hockey is not a cheap entertainment value anymore for a family of 4, they don't need to give the hot dog and coke deals included for every single game but at least give some sort of a discount for every game with families like buy 2 adult tickets and get 2 children tickets free ($5 for students if in 14+) once you get them in the door more times then not they will be buying something from a concession.

Anyways onto to the actual game stuff now, the Pats are coming off 3 straight OT games (2 in SO) where all 3 were wins for there little winning streak. Did we even win 3 games in a row at any point last year???

After watching the game in MJ on Saturday night and watching just how effective our 16s were, especially Wagner its a nice positive with this franchise for once. They may not have any points yet, but if your grading 16yr olds by how many points they have after 10 games I don't think your a true junior hockey fan. Very few have a lot of success when it comes to points during the course of the season, it doesn't mean they don't have the talent. Its more of a lack of strength & quick release that is needed to score in this league, everything comes in stride. I think Wagner will be scoring very soon im sure he will have 1 by the end of the month, if you watched him in MJ and remember how he was the 1st game or 2 you can see how far he has already came.

I hope MacAuley can continue his strong play from MJ into this home game today, he has really struggled in the 1st 5mins of home games. He needs to relax and not worry about his past home games. Im not a big MacAuley fan but that doesn't mean I don't want him to have success cause I do, I hope he can stick it out in the WHL and show that he belongs here. He is slowly showing that as he gains more experience due to Sacher's injury. Im sure seeing regular shots from star's such as Klimchuk, Leier & Stephenson during practices helps a lot, early in the year these types of shooters were making him look silly as no 1 in the SJHL even compares to those types of shooters.

Looking at Brandon's team there goalies always seem to shine when coming to Regina to play, we need to get 1 early (instead of giving up 1 early) im really interested in watching Pulock play after his NYI training camp, the guy has always impressed me with his shot and his 1st pass im just assuming he has improved both those areas since NHL camp. Another guy is Jayce Hawryluk who had an impressive rookie season and is a point a game player right now with 9pts, John Quenneville is also a point a game player as well with 6goals, he had a good rookie season last year as well.

A Pats win today would put us in a tie with BRN as long as its a regulation win, both teams would be 5-5-0. BRN has scored 6 more goals then us while giving up the same amount. The Pats are the highest penalized team in the league, but that is abit inflated as well as that home opening series against SC really inflated those numbers for both teams. On hockeyfights.com it has the Pats having 8 fights as of Friday & sitting in 13th in the league but after the 4 you add in from the game in MJ could have us sitting in a tie for 2nd depending what the teams above us did.

Any word on how long Hand is out for? All the WHL weekly report says is indefinite, also what even happened to him? He was playing the best he has ever played in a Pats jersey, was playing tough and being very physical, we really do miss his play on our backend. He was also 1st in pim for abit as well.

sbtatter
10-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Is McGuire hurt?

patsdude114
10-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Is McGuire hurt?

Not to my knowledge he isn't, the pats are going with the exact same lineup they had in moose jaw & he was a scratch along with hunt.

Fight Guy
10-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Was wondering that myself. Not listed as injured.

That seemed like a pretty good game by the Pats. PK was on top of it today. MacAuley still looks a bit shaky out there, but you can see he's getting better. Made some huge saves today. I also noticed some of the young D-men making good D-to-D passes. Something Sinitsyn needs to work on...not to mention he needs to learn to skate for the puck. I feel he would be more useful as a forward.

All in all, the Pats team I watched today was a much better team from Friday. Seem to be clicking on the passes in the offensive zone a lot more. Saw a lot of hard work in Brandon's zone as well.

patsdude114
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I am loving our style of play more and more, very little chipping the puck in and going after it, its a sigh of relief after watching the same boring style by Conacher. I always said you cant develop skill the way he coached. Last year hard passes always seemed to get bobbled when trying to receive a pass this year guys seem to be receiving these passes better cause Cameron is developing there skill level.

A little 4 game winning streak is showing these kids that his style can be effective if played properly. We may still only getting 4 guys scoring on a regular basis (Stephenson, Klimchuk, Stevenson, Leier) but the chances of been there for every line. Was nice to see Gay get rewarded for a goal after being robbed by Honey in the 2nd period point blank.

Reagan & Wagner are really coming into there own these past 2 games (MJ & BRN) nice to seem them both finally getting rewarded with there 1st points. Zimmer & Kammerer have been playing very good as well, Kammerer has produced some good scoring chances for himself the last 2 games.

MacAuley has been playing well, he wasnt flashy today by any means but rarely are big goalies like himself flashy. Hope he can keep things going, he made a couple really good saves today especially that 1 on Roy midway in the 3rd. The quality of chances the WKs had werent great but when they did get a chance he answered the bell.

The Pats went about 12mins without a shot on goal after our 1st goal to around the 16mins left in the 2nd, thats where BRN really picked up there game as up until the Pats scored it was all Regina.

On a side note.... gotta love how bad the Canes are doing after over paying for Boes at the draft. He sure isnt the answer and it looks good on that dumb GM for paying a 1st rd pick (7th ovr) for a 20yr old goalie.... now thats overpaying for a 20yr old. I think the Canes are just too young to really be competive, they got 8 17yr old skaters. Think its just a matter of time before 1 of there 20yr olds requests a trade.

RWAH
10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
PD114 Yes and it could be Boes requesting the trade.

Agree with what has been said: Hope MaCawley continues to gain confidence and develop. His 13/14 stats are better than Sacher's from last year but Sacher is a year older now. Once Sacher is healthy it will be a very interesting competition for the #1 spot.

That 15 or 20 min. lapse in the end of the first and start of the second needs to be eliminated. You do that against the top teams and you could be 2 or 3 goals behind.