PDA

View Full Version : lethbridge

RWAH
10-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Any chance either could be coming here?? They were the Canes top point men last season.

"Quote from Small Thoughts"

Trainwreck in Lethbridge

News out of Lethbridge today has the Hurricanes sending a pair of 19 year old forwards - Sam McKechnie and Jaimen Yakubowski - home to await trades. Apparently both players had requested trades and it looks like the team intends to oblige them.

Bighat
10-20-2013, 11:38 AM
We could use one of them for our 2nd line. I would think the trade value has gone done do to them leaving the team. A 4th or 5th unless a multi player trade can be made.

patsdude114
10-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Reading how it is worded on the blog, these 2 players were sent home by the Canes to await a trade not them leaving the team to await a trade. Depending how the trade request was brought up, if it was a private thing or very out spoken for all to hear..... Normally a private thing players wont be sent home the GM will do it quietly before it becomes a distraction... but the Canes are 2-9-0-1 that's already a big distraction. I don't think the trade value goes down that much just how it is worded.

Be very interested in how this GM handles this situation, he sure in hell handled his 1st rd pick (7th overall I believe it was) very poorly. Did a knee jerk reaction and is getting burned badly for it.

Personally I would love to see Jaimen Yakubowski here in Regina, he scored 32times last season but also had 14 fights. We lack team toughness so adding a guy like that who will drop the mits and who has a scoring touch like he does is very valuable to any team.

I sure hope Lang tries to swing a deal, I'd be happy with either guy but be way more happy with Yakubowski. I think we would have to be sending 1 forward back in return just for our own numbers game.

witness
10-20-2013, 12:47 PM
The only way that is going to happen is an exchange of 19 year olds.
Leth needs some leadership and the Pats have too many players in that age group to give up drafts for bodies.

patsdude114
10-20-2013, 12:56 PM
The only way that is going to happen is an exchange of 19 year olds.
Leth needs some leadership and the Pats have too many players in that age group to give up drafts for bodies.

I think it would take a swap of 19yr olds and on our side to give up a pick or a prospect someone along the lines of maybe Koberstein or Elmer. Both guys from the Canes will be 20yr olds in the league next season so whoever get them is getting a 2yr player.

I really don't think we will be in the running for either guy, but it sure would be nice to add a 2yr player who can score & help us win games.

RWAH
10-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Reading Greg Drinnan's blog it seams the Canes had a meeting with all the veterans and this came out of that meeting. It looks like these players parents and agents are for a trade to get the players out of Dodge.
On a side note Sam McKeckney is either a nephew or son of Darren McKeckney who played for the Pats

Bighat
10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
The same agent for the 3 players who want (wanted) out of lethbridge. Your right agent and parents had enough of the situation in lethbridge.

chalk_one_up
10-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Reading Greg Drinnan's blog it seams the Canes had a meeting with all the veterans and this came out of that meeting. It looks like these players parents and agents are for a trade to get the players out of Dodge.
On a side note Sam McKeckney is either a nephew or son of Darren McKeckney who played for the Pats

Sam Mckechnie

patsdude114
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Sam Mckechnie

I know you were just correcting his spelling of Sam's last name but us pats fans are used to his bad spelling at the best of times.... we all knew who he was talking about including yourself

RWAH
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
is that rooster (Cock a doo doole doo) or roster on the team

patsdude114
10-21-2013, 01:26 PM
is that rooster (Cock a doo doole doo) or roster on the team

haha my point exactly lmao I always laughed when I seen rooster lol

canes77
10-22-2013, 11:16 PM
The same agent for the 3 players who want (wanted) out of lethbridge. Your right agent and parents had enough of the situation in lethbridge.

You're right, but oddly enough a 4th player who has the same agent just joined the Canes in return...