PDA

View Full Version : Game 13 Pats vs Raiders

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Tonight the Pats put there 6 game winning streak (hottest team in the WHL) against the Raiders who are coming off of a 4-3 loss to the Warriors on Sunday.

Tonight by all reports Engel is making his season & Pats debut as MacAuley has played 10 straight who went 7-3 during that stretch.

Klimchuk & Stephenson are both running with 11 game point streaks, they have both been a force together when on the ice. Linemate Stevenson has 10pts in 6games himself & is on a 3 game streak of his own.

Tye Hand & Brady Reagan are listed as day to day with upper body injuries. I personally cant wait for both of these players to be back in the lineup, Hand was bringing a very physical presence to start the year off, lead the league in PIM before his injury. Reagan was just starting to become more confident with the puck before his injury was showing a lot of poise with the puck on breakouts & was bringing some physical play as. Amazing what some confidence can do for a player.

RWAH
10-23-2013, 11:02 AM
I too am looking forward to tonights game. IMO and I am not the coach but I would ride the hot horse and MacAuley would get the start and Engel would play on Friday. After that we have 2 road games in PA and 2 home games against MJ.
I for one sure think the computor scheduling needs some tweeking. We do not play MJ in a home and home series this season (we play brandon twice in a home and home series) and we seem to play teams in bunches, we played Swift 3 times in 2 weeks, we play MJ 4 times in 23 days and we are starting PA 3 times in 9 days.

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
He computer generated schedule has been terrible imo as well, they talk about attendence not being that strong the past few yrs & then take away home & home series that always draw good attention & crowds.

As for the goaltending I have zero problems with Engel playing tonight, he's an experienced guy in the league & should be fine. I think PA is being over-rated yet again this year. I'm predicting another pats win by 2 or more.

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh ya don't forget Weiner Wednesday is back for another season, 2for1 hot dogs the only way they are worth the money that they charge, ha sneak a can of coke in & really make it worth while instead of $4 cokes lol

Bighat
10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Brady reagen out with a concussion.

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Brady reagen out with a concussion.

Ya so is Hand as well but on the WHL Weekly Report all it says is upper body injury. That's alll I was going by even though I knew what both there injuries were already :)

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Great 1st period by the Pats outshooting 18-6 & out working the Raiders just 1 blocked shot to a wide open Buenius makes it 1-0, McBride made numerous saves & had a few drop behind him just sitting in the crease but Dmen safely cleared them to corner. Need guys going to the net more, can't get these bobbles if no one is there. Pats could easily be up 3-1 but instead down 1-0, gotta beardown alittle more.

Very weak move on Kammerer's Penalty Shot, was expecting more of a move/quality shot.

RWAH
10-23-2013, 10:47 PM
PP (zero for 6), PK (2 goals against on 4), third period let down. no need to say more

patsdude114
10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
You could tell the players were getting frustrated with all the quality chances they were getting but kept getting turned away. The coaching staff will not use it as an excuse but you could see it in the players emotions shift after shift.

The PP did do a lot of good things out there just couldn't score, McBride stole this game plain and simple. You can say let down in the 3rd all you want but he was on his game, even on scrambles infront of the net he just seemed to be in position to make the save. After Gay got injuried they really seemed to take there foot off the gas abit, like they were concerned about his injury more then the 2pts, happens a lot every team is guilty of it at some point.

The Pats still did a lot of good things in the game tonight. Don't take anything away from them with there effort. Yes we may of not got the win but if they play like that regularly we will be winning a lot more game then we will be losing. Its promising to see, have basicly the same roster as last year but yet this group is still able to play a puck possession game..... hmmmm guess Conacher didn't know what he was talking about, sure he had some injuries last season but he didn't do much in terms of developing skill. I said tons of times last year that chip n chase does not develop skill, the style Cameron is trying to play develops skill. You can see guys coming along even since the start of year, Kammerer is 1 forsure along with Gay & Hunt. The top guys yes everyone knew they had skill but they weren't allowed to show it last year as they had to play like robots.

Tough loss tonight but efforts like that even when losing as a fan you can not complain, especially to what we have been used to watching the past 5yrs or so....Hunt Derkatch Conacher all played a pretty boring style, ok Derkatch let them open the game up offensively but he allowed too much offense.