PDA

View Full Version : 20 game mark

mjw22
11-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Brown Point Rodewald and Paulic are all that's keeping us out of the basement. White Potomak Uhrich Warkentine all 1st or 2nd round picks cant find the net along with McCarthy and Gore. This core group of 17-18 yr olds couldn't score last year and if they don't soon develop this team is in trouble moving forward. This falls on the GM and head scout 5 top picks(Hansen since traded) and no scorers among them not good. Fioretti cant seem to score either but when there is no one else scoring its easy for teams to shut him down. :burningmad:

witness
11-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I would add Bell to your list. He doesn't score a bunch, but he is a piece of work to play against.

I would have Point on my team anytime. Each time I watch him, I like him more. He just can't do it himself, he needs more around him.

I don't mind Uhrich, at least he is willing to get his nose dirty.

After watching the game yesterday, I would say that your forward group is too small. There were too many battles lost along the boards that the MJ forwards were just out muscled and out sized.

mjw22
11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
After watching the game yesterday, I would say that your forward group is too small. There were too many battles lost along the boards that the MJ forwards were just out muscled and out sized.

Small forwards are ok just not an entire team of them .especially when they cant score . The drafts from 10-11-12 have set this team back in the forward group Uhrich is a fine example a 2nd rounder who has 1 goal in 78 games. The dmen other than Brown are still question marks. When the coach says they lose because they cant score well enough said. Millar its time to fix this mess.:mad:

patsdude114
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
The bigger kick in the balls is the young players you mentioned who are not scoring it makes it very tough to trade them and get any sort of value for them just due to not able to find the back of the net. Every team has these types of players, some just have more then others.

You guys got some size and toughness (be it willingness to fight or just play that physical game) on your back end (Bell, Brown, Forsberg) but need something upfront. Pretty much all your Dman are 6'0 190+ except for that Russian (for weight only) speaking of him it looks like he is progressing nicely since the 1st time I seen him in MJ, just seems to have alittle more confidence.

Point has been pretty dominate in the faceoff circle at least against the Pats, is this a normal trend for him?

mjw22
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Size and skill up front is a need filling it may be the problem. What makes me :burningmad: is these 3-4 guys are top 2 round picks. you should get 1-2 that can score not a bunch of top grinders. Point is pretty decent on draws. For a team that 3 years ago had a very good 50 man list lots of top picks in 3 drafts to this is pretty annoying. Other than Point Rielly Brown and a lucky late pick with brown whats this scouting staff done ?

patsdude114
11-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Fiddler scores hatty for PG last night & has 5pts in 3 games, that's got to burn the warriors arses alittle bit...... guessing he just didn't like the coach & his systems, maybe he did make the right choice after all.....

mjw22
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Fiddler scores hatty for PG last night & has 5pts in 3 games, that's got to burn the warriors arses alittle bit...... guessing he just didn't like the coach & his systems, maybe he did make the right choice after all.....

he had 12 pts here he was just a lazy ass on the back check.