PDA

View Full Version : Pats Deal Sacher

RWAH
11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Pats traded Sacher to Lethbridge for a 5th round pick in 15. Sacher is going into a hornets nest and we get at least something for him. The canes need more than a tender to stop the downhill slide.

patsdude114
11-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I laugh at the Canes GM he hasn't got a sniff on value when making trades. This 5th rd pick we are getting is what he could/should of gotten Boes for had he waited a few more weeks.

Good job on Lang to grab something for a player who we would never use again, don't expect much of a player when we do select a player with this pick but hey never know maybe a late bloomer turns into something by the time the kid is 17 or 18

patsdude114
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
I laugh at the Canes GM he hasn't got a sniff on value when making trades. This 5th rd pick we are getting is what he could/should of gotten Boes for had he waited a few more weeks.

Good job on Lang to grab something for a player who we would never use again, don't expect much of a player when we do select a player with this pick but hey never know maybe a late bloomer turns into something by the time the kid is 17 or 18

Bighat
11-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Are you kidding me 5th round picks net a lot of studs. You look over history even later round picks have netted future nhlers. Usually starting goalies aren't picked till the 4th round.

nivek_wahs
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Are you kidding me 5th round picks net a lot of studs. You look over history even later round picks have netted future nhlers. Usually starting goalies aren't picked till the 4th round.

You definitely aren't talking about "studs" that were drafted by the Pats in the 5th round.

1997 Chad Yaremko
1998 no 5th
1999 Derek Sunderland
2000 Jordan McGillivray
2001 Mark Dekanich
2002 no 5th
2003 no 5th
2004 no 5th
2005 Kyle St. Denis
2006 Spencer Laycock
2007 Derek Tendler
2008 Dyson Stevenson
2009 Mason Logan
2010 Ty McLean and Brett Harris
2011 Nathan Churchill
2012 Austin Wagner and Rylee Zimmer

Stevenson has been good and too early to label either Wagner or Zimmer.

Over the same time period later picks that have done good with the Pats maybe even called "studs".... You can look this up....

Craig Schira (6th round in 2003)
Jordan Eberle (7th Round in 2005)

Bighat
11-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Look at later rounds. Sacher to join lethbridge Monday

witness
11-09-2013, 08:57 PM
It is not accurate to count Eberle as a late round steal. He most likely would have been taken in the 4th round, based on size only. I think he was only 5'4" in his draft year.
The reason he was drafted so late was that he let all Whl teams know that he would only play in 2 places, Regina or Calgary. Any other team would have drafted him, he was going to go the US college route (like his buddy Rylan Schurtz). Calgary was not interested in a forward that small and the Pats were interested but knew they could wait to later in the draft because he would still be there.

patsdude114
11-09-2013, 09:19 PM

very seldom does anything later then a 3rd or 4th really pan out to be a impact player, yes maybe 2 or 3 times in a 10yr span you get lucky after the 3rd or 4th round.

As always you put way to much value on picks. Im glad your happier then a butcher's dog with gaining a 5th round pick in 2015, maybe that future picks turns into a decent 3rd like role player but im going to put more money on that the kid end's up getting dropped off the 50PL and doesn't even play 5 WHL games. There is that potential that maybe it works out but I highly doubt it, good on Lang to grab a pick at least they get a chance to get a roster player for a guy who 'quit' (or was it forced out the door).

nivek_wahs
11-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Look at later rounds.Other than the two players I named (Schira and Eberle); name 3 "stud" players the Pats have drafted after the 4th round. I have a hard time imaging who you would say.

patsdude114
11-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Other than the two players I named (Schira and Eberle); name 3 "stud" players the Pats have drafted after the 4th round. I have a hard time imaging who you would say.

Its cause there is none.... you can even look at other teams picks in the last 10 to 15yrs you may get 2 names per teams who worked out to be an impact (or sorry his words stud) player, yes maybe the odd team has 3 very few will have 4 or more

nivek_wahs
11-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Its cause there is none.... you can even look at other teams picks in the last 10 to 15yrs you may get 2 names per teams who worked out to be an impact (or sorry his words stud) player, yes maybe the odd team has 3 very few will have 4 or moreMy point exactly.

Bighat
11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Actually I went through all the drafts and found out you guys were right there was probably 20-25 5th rounders who were very good players and not 3rd liners I will compile a list for you but one thar really stuck out was Scott Gomez. You want to talk about a stud how about brad Stewart 7th round. Now look at our 1st round picks over the years and am ashamed of the scouting dept. it's sad really.

Bighat
11-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Kyle Calder there's a horrible 1st line player, oh he didn't get drafted in the 5th round either I'm sorry the 6th.

Bighat
11-10-2013, 09:22 AM
My mistake the 8th but he was too small and was going to college blah blah blah.

Bighat
11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Oh no Lars Peterson 11th round. He scored more goals in 1 year as a 1st line player then 4 of our 1st round picks did in their careers.

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 09:47 AM
You know you have basicly just proved our point for us right?

I said (which kevin agreed with) each team in the last 10-15yrs has roughly 2-3 impact players drafted in the 5th rd or later. Also I did say maybe the odd team would have 4 to 5 but would be rare.

So I want to thank you for doing all the research for us just to prove our point, and god Lars Peterson prob wouldn't even fit into the last 10-15yrs he's prob closer to 15-20yrs since he was drafted or listed (that's without looking it up)

Bighat
11-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Emerson etem 8th round ty rimmer 14th round jordan weal late 4 th round. No your point was there were no 1 st liners or studs. Then you went to 4 or 5 impact players. So thank you for pointing out that a 5th round pick for a player that isn't playing is a good trade. I don't know why you had to attack me for making my comment on at least we got someyptyhing for sacher and as you can see we can get an impact player or a good player with that pick. I would like to appoligize to all the pats players on the behalf of pats dude who weren't drafted or drafted in the first 4 rounds apparently you don't belong in the dub.

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Here are all my posts, please tell me where I said there are no 1st line studs? Please re-read every post I made & read carefully to what was actually said.... pay attention to key points that will be bolded for you k

very seldom does anything later then a 3rd or 4th really pan out to be a impact player, yes maybe 2 or 3 times in a 10yr span you get lucky after the 3rd or 4th round.

As always you put way to much value on picks. Im glad your happier then a butcher's dog with gaining a 5th round pick in 2015, maybe that future picks turns into a decent 3rd like role player but im going to put more money on that the kid end's up getting dropped off the 50PL and doesn't even play 5 WHL games. There is that potential that maybe it works out but I highly doubt it, good on Lang to grab a pick at least they get a chance to get a roster player for a guy who 'quit' (or was it forced out the door).

#3 ill give this post to you about the 'its cause there is none' but with that said that comment was directed towards kevin's list he made, so maybe I cant give that to you......

Its cause there is none.... you can even look at other teams picks in the last 10 to 15yrs you may get 2 names per teams who worked out to be an impact (or sorry his words stud) player, yes maybe the odd team has 3 very few will have 4 or more

#4 please read this post in the bold area very slowly maybe it will sink in...

You know you have basicly just proved our point for us right?

I said (which kevin agreed with) each team in the last 10-15yrs has roughly 2-3 impact players drafted in the 5th rd or later. Also I did say maybe the odd team would have 4 to 5 but would be rare.

So I want to thank you for doing all the research for us just to prove our point, and god Lars Peterson prob wouldn't even fit into the last 10-15yrs he's prob closer to 15-20yrs since he was drafted or listed (that's without looking it up)

Now never once did I say the pick this pick would be nothing, if you look at the very 1st post you will see that I said

just so you know its ok to admit that you were wrong & misread things that were said by kevin & myself... but hey enjoy your sunday it seems like your pretty rattled right now by this

Bighat
11-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Other than the two players I named (Schira and Eberle); name 3 "stud" players the Pats have drafted after the 4th round. I have a hard time imaging who you would say.
how do explain this post. I'm not rattled I just understand what the draft is all about and scouting. Realistically the whole draft is a crap shoot. The problem I see after going through the draft years in depth is other teams seem to find 2 players each year in later rounds that pan out, and then trade there high picks to us that weren't so good. Go riders go.

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
ya and the 2 players you came up with up with were guys taken over 15yrs ago

haha & I do understand the draft & how the scouting works.... & very few teams draft good after the 5th round that's league wide, I never once said there are not late bloomers who turn out but they are very few and far between.

& go lions cause I wanna see all the rider fans cry on roddy's blog, now that's entertainment

Bighat
11-10-2013, 12:31 PM
You do snow removal don't you. My company needs a new contractor.

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I do yes not sure how much more work the guy I work for wants though as we do have more this year then last year. I even rented a machine this year as I usually just do the hauling.

Sauer Snow Enterprises is the guy I get sub-contracted out by if you cant find the number in phone book ill pm you his number