PDA

View Full Version : Pats US road trip (SEA, POR, EVT, TC, SPO)

patsdude114
11-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Watching the game online tonight as I started to listen to the Pats game on the radio but the radio feed was lost for almost 5 mins so I said screw it ill order it, and after 2 periods of play im glad I did order the game.

I missed Klimchuk's 1st goal as I was ordering game still..... the T-Birds 1st goal was a bad read by Mumby at the blueline that sprong Delnov on a breakaway and he made no mistake slipping it 5 hole, then Sinitsyn had his pocket picked by Barzal & he quickly fed it out front for a 1timer goal.

Been a soild effort by the Pats thru 40mins, the 1st 10 mins of 1st it was all Pats outshooting the T-birds 10-1 & then final 10mins was all T-birds outshooting us 12-3.... hope the Pats can keep pushing the pace if they do that they will have a great chance at winning this 1

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Pats played a strong game, maybe minus the final 10mins of the 1st but that can also just be directed at the T-birds just picked up there game once they got abit of momentuem.

The 3rd period the Pats pretty much owned the T-birds, yes we had I believe 3 PP's in the 3rd alone but every penalty they took was a result of the pats working hard & keeping control of the puck. The exception was the 5min major which was more like a 2min minor for boarding. Yes Hand got hurt on the play, but the hit itself was boarderline penalty at best. I'm going out on a limb that there will be no suspension to Hickman for this hit.

The Pats have a new #1 PP unit of 5 forwards (leier, stevenson, klimchuk, gay & stephenson on points) they had a lot of good puck movement & shots on net. Stephenson fired 1 off the post on a 1timer from the high slot, leier, stevenson & klimchuk all had great chances as well. Maybe this is what our PP needed, watching Gay on the point he seems very poised & makes imo better reads then burroughs does on the PP in that spot.

Going to touch on Gay alittle bit here, I know at the start of last season before he was reassigned to the SJHL I was very tough on him for not wanting to go to the dirty areas (which he didn't which was a direct result in his reassignment) he came back around xmas time & progressed more & more but really didnget rewarded for anything. He is a prime example of a player maturing & understanding what it takes to be a player in this league. Too bad it took him til 18yrs old to get it, but he will be a player that will be a skilled 20yr old for us so that is nice to see as we tend to not groom our own skilled 20yr olds much.

Bighat
11-10-2013, 10:07 AM
A listed player

patsdude114
11-10-2013, 10:15 AM
A listed player

Do you not read what me & kev actually said? we never once said they don't come around just they are few & far between. There will be far more 5th rd+ or list players that are busts (if you want to call them that) then guys who pan out.... go back to reading class and pay attention to what you actually read

RWAH
11-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I had a family event and only got to hear the final 5 min. of the Portland game. Did anyone watch the web cast and what happened that coach Malcolm clapped at a penalty call and C Stephenson (if that is the right spelling) gave a head shot at the end of the game. Any comments on the game would be appreciated.

patsdude114
11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I had turned it off after Portland made it 4-2 I had to go pick the wife up from work. There was some questionable calls going both ways in the game, at times never knew what was a penalty and what wasn't.....

Bighat
11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Look for fuhr to be called up when the pats come home, just getting some action in the sjhl before being called up.

RWAH
11-12-2013, 08:47 PM
C Stephenson got 2 game suspension for hit to the head at the end of the Portland game. I was expecting more as it happened with just seconds left in a game that had been decided. Very undisciplined and un-Chandler like.

patsdude114
11-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't say un-chandler like by any means, he does a lot of cheap stuff away from the sights of the refs, its almost a skill. Nothing to this drastic measure though, he gets away with a lot of little chippy stuff.

The last time PA was in town he gave a very good 2 handed to the back of the leg to 1 of the Raider Dmen that went unnoticed by either ref.

He has that edge to him that is hard to find in players now a days, he may not be a guy who drops the gloves but he does play on the edge a lot, gets his nose dirty but rarely takes penalties.

He will be a big loss for these next 2 games but just time for someone else to step up with bigger mintues. I sure hope Brooks doesn't take his roster space, I would much rather see both Zimmer & Wagner in the lineup at the same time, which hasn't happened too much this year yet.

Bighat
11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
We can't do that both those kids are 5th rounders lol just fooling with ya. It would be nice to see the kids play more.

patsdude114
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
what a great game tonight to watch on the webcast.... when EVT went up 3-1 with 3 unanswered early in the 2nd period I thought the Pats were done as in the past we have folded the tent pretty quickly.

Sinitsyn had a great night tonight, he really stepped it up after Burroughs took a puck to the head while on the bench and never returned. Hunt finally has alittle puck luck going his way scoring 3goals in the last 2 games now after 2 tonight.

MacAuley finally has full gear of Pats colors now, looks a lot better then that ugly orange stuff.

This road trip has already been a big success with a 3-1 record (2-1 against US division) 2 games left against SPO & TC even going 1-1 will be a great trip but I am pulling for the guys to take both those games and have a road trip record of 5-1 :) would be nice we will see how things go.

RWAH
11-14-2013, 11:41 AM
How in the world does this league pick the three stars Josh Winquist with 3 assists get 3rd star and Sinitsyn with a goal and 3 assists is blanked. His goal was the tying goal to force OT and he gets an assist on the winner in OT. Is the Molson three star trophy for home games only or does it include road games as well? Beside bragging rights I think there is a small renumeration with that trophy so it would seam that home team favorites should not be part of the selection process.

patsdude114
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
The Molson Cup 3 stars is always a crap shoot especially in junior hockey, I never really put any stock into it as they are normally far off. I tend to like the radio 3 stars better then in the buildings as normally they vary slightly.

RWAH
11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
No doubt it is a crap shoot but do you or any one know is it only home games or do road games count as well?

patsdude114
11-14-2013, 02:22 PM
As far as I know its road games as well but I could be way off

Anyways here is a video of a game-day preparation in Seattle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNQiyF2dUk

RWAH
11-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the link, I enjoyed the video

patsdude114
11-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Watched the game last night against TC on the webcast, thought it was a pretty good game all around but we made some bad plays that resulted in a couple goals for the American's. One that really sticks out was the SH goal we gave up late in the 1st period, for some strange reason we shot the puck into the zone (which isn't the strange part) but after we retrieve the puck on the other side the 2nd PP unit fired it back around the boards. Everyone was starting to get into position to support the puck on the far side of the ice and the double rim around gave TC a 2on1 where Messier made no mistake and put it 5hole on Schiender. To me that play which resulted in their goal was highly unnecessary to give up. Another really bad goal was giving up a goal 10seconds into the 2nd period, to split the defense off the opening faceoff just shows they were not ready to start the period.

We had chances in the 1st not many in the 2nd period really this team needs to start playing as close to 60minutes as possible, without letting the time they don't keep there heads in the game to hurt them too badly. Let's face it its junior hockey and unless your an elite team your always going to have less then 60minute efforts. Trying to limit them is the biggest struggle for coaches.

I thought Schiender played very well in his WHL debut he made some really good glove saves. The two 2on1's that he faced the WHL level shooters made him look alittle silly, but that's to be expected at times as well when you got a 16yr old goalie.

The boys showed some character in the 3rd period to score 3 unanswered & pull within 1 goal of tying, and just before the last 2on1 where TC scored there 5th goal we had a great chance to tie it but failed. Without 2 of our best players in Stephenson (last game of his suspension) & Burroughs (our best all around Dman) the Pats put in a gutsy effort (minus a decent part of the 2nd period).

Another tough game tonight but this time in Spokane, the Pats do get Stephenson back into the lineup and that should help a lot. Hopefully he plays with that fire that we know he is capable of playing and is a difference maker in the pats 4th win on this road trip :) I gotta miss this game unfortunately I may come home after pushing snow and order the game and watch it anyways... guess ill see what the final score was 1st to see if it is worth it... if its worth it ill get it to see how the game all took place

Bighat
11-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Brandon wins another trade, their going to be a power house in 2 yrs. they gave up nothing to get pilon.

Sttop
11-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Ya the Canes gm should probably loose Kelly MCs # ...I can't believe that was the best offer for pilon

Mellow Yellow69
11-16-2013, 09:52 PM
I think the canes did decent in the deal, theyll deal walters for a nice price in jan. i wonder what the other offers were.

Fight Guy
11-17-2013, 12:08 AM
3-2 in the US and 4-2 on the whole trip so far. Can't be less than a .500 trip now. Red Deer and Med Hat next weekend to close it out.

One game note...really hope Christoffer doesn't get suspended for being pushed into Hughson. 5 and a game for working hard and getting pushed.

patsdude114
11-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to order the game & watch the replay of it. Great to see the boys have a very successful trip in a very strong US Division.

Hope the crowd comes out & supports the kids for our end of the month back to back home games, they deserve it.

Fight Guy
11-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Also nice to see the Pats hold Holmberg off the score sheet as well.

RWAH
11-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Just listened to the game but it sounded like McAuley played very big in the last few minuets to keep it tied and a shutout in the circus. I'll puff my chest as I was a supporter of his from training camp.
I flipped to the Chiefs radio and their announcers were surprised Christoffer got a 5 and a game. Sure there will not be any suspensions from the play.
Is it Swift and PA are 6 of our losses? More than half