PDA

View Full Version : Whose Trace elson?

Priceisright
11-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Anyone heard or know anything about him? Appears he is on his way to the Giants but not confirmed by Vancouver. Always so secretive.

Thanks

SectionNDeserter
11-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Anyone heard or know anything about him? Appears he is on his way to the Giants but not confirmed by Vancouver. Always so secretive.

ThanksHe is the brother of former Red Deer Rebel Captain Turner Elson (now in the Calgary Flames farm system). Came to a number of rookie/main camps for Red Deer, and was close to cracking the roster last year as an 18 year old, but didn't quite make the cut. He will be an overage player next season, so he is going to have to make a big impact right away, one would think.

Priceisright
11-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks. Hope he improves our team if he does come and play.

Lucic
11-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Not really sure why the Giants are interested in Elson. They already have enough mediocre 19 year old's on this team. Obviously bodies are going to be moved out sooner rather than later.

SectionNDeserter
11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks. Hope he improves our team if he does come and play.He came into camp as a 17 year old, and was hampered by an injury of some sort, but really stood out late in camp. He was brought up for 5 games during a big string of injuries in 2011-12, during which he had one assist. Not sure if there was just a lot more talent in camp during the 12-13 training camp, but he was barely noticeable and was released, prior to the exhibition season as I recall.

Giantsfan
11-13-2013, 08:18 PM
He's having a good season so far. He's another small forward though. You know Leone & Eder's days as a Giant are close to coming to an end.

They also have to move a defenseman. Lots of speculation around Orban who would have some value.

Still expecting Bonner to pick up a goaltender.

Knuckles Muldoon
11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
This doesn't make much sense. In a rebuilding year, why would the club play an unknown 19yo rather than continue to invest the icetime in young guys? This move suggests that someone is getting impatient.

johnnyradiant
11-14-2013, 05:19 PM
He comes as a team captain of the team he is leaving and 1.5 pts a game.
13 G 17 A = 30 pts in 20 games. AJHL's #3 leading scorer.

Choked when I saw he is 5'10" and 180lbs. Since the cup the mantra - we need to get bigger back to our roots - and we keep get biggerless guys.

I'll take the points if he can maintain some semblance of that in the dub, and cut a less productive forward.

Why would they outright release Eder? That makes no sense. He doesn't strike me as that detrimental to the team to throw a player away. Wait a year and trade him, in the mean time get rid a player that can be traded even for some new hockey sticks. What a waste of a import pick to just outright release a guy. I don't recall him standing and watching the opposition score when all he had to do was reach 6" to stop a play, and they kept a guy last year that kept doing just that, fortunately, for managements sake, not his, he got a clot.

SectionNDeserter
11-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Why would they outright release Eder? That makes no sense. He doesn't strike me as that detrimental to the team to throw a player away.Thanks to the new rules put in place regarding imports, they really have a reduced value now, and an import like Eder that isn't putting up a lot of numbers isn't going to have any more value by the end of the season than he does now. It looks like the Giants will have a half-decent import draft pick coming up, so they had to figure out what they were going to do with him or Osipov. Probably came down to the position that the team felt they were the weakest at.

Giantsfan
11-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Osipov isn't going anywhere. He was in Hay's doghouse early in the season but is slowly working his way out.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Arvin Atwal gone. His stock has dropped bigtime & he's being scratched in favor of Morrison, Osipov & Dosanjh. I think because of his age, he would have good trade value.