PDA

View Full Version : Cooke traded

rinkrat
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
The Vancouver Giants have traded 19-year old forward Scott Cooke to the Moose Jaw Warriors for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Cooke played 79 games with the Giants over the last four seasons, registering 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists) and 171 penalty minutes in those games. The White Rock native has yet to play a game this season because of injury.

"Scott has been a heart and soul player and person for this organization," said Giants' Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Bonner. "We'd like to thank him for his contributions and wish him all the best in Moose Jaw."

mjw22
11-19-2013, 05:40 PM
The Vancouver Giants have traded 19-year old forward Scott Cooke to the Moose Jaw Warriors for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Cooke played 79 games with the Giants over the last four seasons, registering 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists) and 171 penalty minutes in those games. The White Rock native has yet to play a game this season because of injury.

"Scott has been a heart and soul player and person for this organization," said Giants' Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Bonner. "We'd like to thank him for his contributions and wish him all the best in Moose Jaw."

he cant score hope the hell he can fight lol

Priceisright
11-19-2013, 05:48 PM
LoL , makes you wonder why teams make this trade? Oh well. As they say, someone elses garbage is anothers treasure?

rinkrat
11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
LoL , makes you wonder why teams make this trade? Oh well. As they say, someone elses garbage is anothers treasure?
Garbage? He may not have put up points, but suffered alot of injuries. Tough guy, willing to scrap and throws some nice hits.

BTW, I wouldn't call any kid that makes the Dub garbage, pretty sad.

Giantsfan
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
I really like Cooke. He brought grit & heart to a team that was sorely lacking that the last few seasons. He couldn't score to save his life but I think he was a fan favorite for his physical style. Good luck to him in the Jaw.

He wasn't going to make the team as a 20 yr old next season so he must be cleared to play because I don't believe you can trade an injured player.

I believe Trzonkowski is basically in the same position. A 19 yr old who can't stay healthy, & doesn't bring much, if any offense to the team. I'm sure his days are numbered & they are just waiting for him to get healthy to move him.

Lucic
11-20-2013, 01:20 AM
I would've rather kept Cooke and dumped a few other 19 year old's on the roster that bring less to the table but either way I'm not surprised by the move. I expect a few more sooner rather than later. Still way too many 94 born players on the roster.

Giantsfan
11-20-2013, 01:35 AM
The Xmas trade freeze I think is in about 2 weeks & then the trade deadline comes quickly after the New Year. I hear there are several more moves in the works.

dondo
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM
I would've rather kept Cooke and dumped a few other 19 year old's on the roster that bring less to the table but either way I'm not surprised by the move. I expect a few more sooner rather than later. Still way too many 94 born players on the roster.

Bang On - agreed we seem to be acquiring beige 19 yr olds. As far as Cooke. I am sad to see him go, he is a tenacious bastid and to answer our MJ friend, yes he can fight.

He's a tough energy guy who I would have rather seen stay on the team and us dump a few of these extra 19 yr olds who are a bit soft, but can't find the back of the net -- not a good combo. I'd rather see younger players getting the chance to develop and fill those roles.

Not surprised either, but a bit disappointed. I think we get softer with this deal.

Swando
11-23-2013, 02:50 AM
I liked Cooke..He is what the Giants needed this year. He is in the slighter"version" of Garret Hunt.. a player that every team knows is on the ice as well as the fans. It's unfortunate that injuries have plagued Scott as he has a slight body style for his style of play...but he was (IMO) a fan favorite and a TEAM player. I think he will be missed and MJ is lucky to have him in their rebuilding era..I think Giants were caught in a #'s game as others were coming back as well and they had to make a choice. Get a late draft pick or nothing at all for a Leone! who is a year younger.