PDA

View Full Version : Interior Savings Credit Union?

Scout
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Courtesy W.H.L.

New name for arena in Kamloops
Created: Jul 26, 2005

Interior Savings Centre is born in Kamloops - Interior Savings Credit Union is pleased to announce a new partnership with the City of Kamloops that will see Interior Savings as the new title sponsor of the Kamloops coliseum. The newly-named Interior Savings Centre is one of the province's busiest entertainment venues, and home to the Western Hockey League's Kamloops Blazers.

The new 10 - year, $1.2 million sponsorship agreement for Interior Savings Centre, begins on September 1, 2005.

"Interior Savings is committed to supporting the economic and social development of the communities we serve," said Barry Meckler, President & CEO of the Credit Union. "The coliseum is key to the culture of Kamloops, so we see this as an investment in the future of Kamloops and the entire North Thompson region. The venue is synonymous with activity, fun and community so the title sponsorship just makes sense for us."

The name and logo changes required to the venue's signs, ice surface, and various other advertising should be completed by early September. "We can't wait to unveil the building's new look," stated Meckler. "We're confident it will be something the city and our members will be proud of."

In establishing Interior Savings Centre, we are entering more than a financial partnership with the City of Kamloops. For example, we will be partnering with the Kamloops Blazers hockey team and the City on a number of unique community-focused cross-promotional opportunities.

Interior Savings Centre features nearly 5,200 seats for sporting events, and can accommodate 6,400 people for major concerts. It also offers retail space, 10 new luxury boxes, 20,000 feet of exhibition space, and the roomy Sports Action lounge.

Scout

Tony
07-26-2005, 07:16 PM
It has a nice ring to it. Or not.

scamperdog
07-26-2005, 07:37 PM
At least it is not Prospera, there,s enough buildings with that name, as I understand it they were in the running right till the end, personaly I don,t like it but I guess I will have to get used to it. They bought out the remaining of the year from sportmart and they started changing the signage of the building today.

IR GARD
07-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Every building these days has some commercial name to them. But in business, it is the money that does the talking. I still don't like it either.

Jovorock
07-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Why did Sportmart give up the rights?

scamperdog
07-31-2005, 06:50 PM
sportmart was sold to the forzani group a few years ago and last year moved sportmarts head office to Calgary last year, so I think it probaly just didnt fit in to there future plans.