PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014

trucker
11-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Pretty happy with what is happening with the team this year! Starting to look like maybe not believing in Lamb is making me look foolish now. I didn't think we'd be sitting near the top of the conference at this stage of the game but very happy to be where we are. This is just the start of results from the "rebuild" we had to go thru and looks like a few good years coming our way. From the looks of things scouting has done a good job as we may well have two first round NHL picks! Championship team ahead? Once again attendance at the Iplex is starting to be a topic and that's no good. Hopefully this city starts showing support for this team! We can only get better in the coming years and we need to show support for a team that's rolling along nicely!

Bighat
11-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Playing well but just a upstart team that will be moving to Winnipeg. I would hate to see that but swift just can't support their team.

Quarter Century Fan
11-23-2013, 04:52 PM
It would be nice to see more fans at our games. Our team this year has been quite entertaining and have been quite impressive with some of the passing plays in the offensive zone.
I do think that if they get into deep financial trouble there are some locals that would find ways to bail them out. :cool:

sbtatter
11-23-2013, 05:07 PM
It would be nice to see more fans at our games. Our team this year has been quite entertaining and have been quite impressive with some of the passing plays in the offensive zone.
I do think that if they get into deep financial trouble there are some locals that would find ways to bail them out. :cool:

Probably tough to match "True North" financially

Quarter Century Fan
11-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Probably tough to match "True North" financially

True enough... but S/C is a community owned team purchased by people that love their hockey and didn't purchase the team for profits. The team is largely run by volunteers which helps them to be financially viable because of it.
I don't know what the shareholders would do if there was a huge offer made for the team. I would hope they would choose to not sell for the sake of keeping a quality entertainment product in our city??:)