PDA

View Full Version : Conference/Division names

CHtoo
07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
I just wish someone would come up with names for the Conference and Divisions to eliminate confusion.
I just read an article from BC regarding the top two bantam picks who will be playing in Wilcox this winter. The comment was made "they will play in Wilcox together before renewing their rivalry in the Eastern DIVISION"! Ahem! That would be the Eastern CONFERENCE unless Swift Current has shifted DIVISIONS again?

N.W. Bruin
08-25-2005, 08:12 AM
I just wish someone would come up with names for the Conference and Divisions to eliminate confusion.
I just read an article from BC regarding the top two bantam picks who will be playing in Wilcox this winter. The comment was made "they will play in Wilcox together before renewing their rivalry in the Eastern DIVISION"! Ahem! That would be the Eastern CONFERENCE unless Swift Current has shifted DIVISIONS again?

Kootenay will switch to Central division in 2006/07 and Swift to the Eastern division once Chilliwack on board (even if Edmonton doesn't get an expansion team or a moved team)

Chipper
08-25-2005, 08:36 AM
I hope that when the ICE move back to the Central div that that will be it. I am tired of being bounced around like a baby on a fathers lap. It would be great to play in a division that wants you and that you can get back into some great rivalrys. When you ask any other team fan who there biggest rival is they all have an answer and no one picks the ICE because they play an unmatched schedule. The Central div is were we play the most, but the games don't mater like they used to so no one conciders that as a rival threat. The west don't get to play us enough and you can't build a competitive spirit because we get most of out points in the Central div they believe we are not on an equal level. We cant win until this is fixed.

Scout
08-25-2005, 08:43 AM
I often wondered why the divisions are named like that. There have been alot of great players and hockey builders in the dub. Bill Hunter comes to mind. Instead of East Division why not the Hunter Division. The Central could be the Sutter division etc. Just my opinion.

Scout

Willis on the Welfare
08-25-2005, 11:09 AM
While it would be awesome to embrace history and name divisions and conferences after pioneers, you are 100 times more likely to see the COCA COLA Division which will be a part of the STAPLES conference which will have teams striving for the TAMPAX Cup in arenas like the BRANDT Center. Everyone's looking to make a buck.

Jovorock
08-25-2005, 11:33 AM
TAMPAX Cup in arenas like the BRANDT Center. Everyone's looking to make a buck.
Ya the Tampax Cup and winning the Trojan division championship.

Beaner
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
While it would be awesome to embrace history and name divisions and conferences after pioneers, you are 100 times more likely to see the COCA COLA Division which will be a part of the STAPLES conference which will have teams striving for the TAMPAX Cup in arenas like the BRANDT Center. Everyone's looking to make a buck.

Thats pretty funny Willis. :laugh:

Sad thing is, you are probably correct.

ihlemic10
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Gotta bring some Larry the Cable guy into this...

"How'd you get tickets to the tampax cup?
-I pulled some strings..."

Sad but true.

RunTheGoalie
08-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Thats pretty funny Willis. :laugh:

Sad thing is, you are probably correct.

The sad thing is, he *is* correct. The Calgary Royals and Canucks already play in the AJHL's "Rogers Wireless South Division"

As far as Kootenay goes, they will get bounced around. Unless the Edmonton team starts the same year as the Bruins (unlikely) they will shift to the Central next year, and back to the BC division the year after.

21 teams is unwieldly, and that reason alone is enough to justify expanding to 22, even if you decide not to consider the financial incentive of expanding to the largest unclaimed junior market in Canada.

Also, as to the original point, this move would clean up the Division names problem, as you would have the Saskatchewan and Alberta Divisions in the Eastern Conference, and the B.C. and American Divisions in the Western Conference.

Beaner
08-25-2005, 10:47 PM
The sad thing is, he *is* correct. The Calgary Royals and Canucks already play in the AJHL's "Rogers Wireless South Division"

Yuck. Next thing you know we'll have all the ads on uniforms etc.

As far as Kootenay goes, they will get bounced around. Unless the Edmonton team starts the same year as the Bruins (unlikely) they will shift to the Central next year, and back to the BC division the year after.

If they do expand they need to just leave Kootenay in the BC division, and wait the extra year for Edmonton to come into the league.

almosttyme4hockey
09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Kal Tire apparently already has the Western Conference, I think someone like Shaw, or Husky might snap up the East.

Or do what the SJ does. Name the divisions after their hockey equipment suppliers (Sherwood and Itech)

Nielson11
09-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Kootenay-Calgary-Red Deer-Lethbridge-The Hat

What a division.