PDA

View Full Version : Weeks Road games BRN MJ STOON

patsdude114
12-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Tough loss tonight for the Pats in Brandon after scoring 2 goals in 52seconds to tie it up only to give up a bad goal to Hawryluk with 29seconds left. Went off of MacAuley's glove and into the net from a shot 5ft from the wall.

Would of been nice to have gotten that game into OT to at least get the 1point but in the end was still a good game. Burroughs got hurt on that blind side hit by Hawryluk, I still don't see why that goal was counted after that hit & the fact that 3 guys were involved in a scrum to fight before the puck went into the net.... just another 'what moment' by the WHL officals. I don't know maybe it was the right call but with a player down hurt (who never did return) 3 players involved in a fight/scrum (Roy stepping in so Hawryluk didn't have to fight Stevenson) I guess play can keep going on for a goal....

All in all I got my $6 out of this game on the webcast, wow do the WKs ever run a lot of ad's during there games on the webcast by far the most I have seen so far. Then after each goal they score you miss the next 20secs of game action cause they show fancy pictures of each player who got a point on the goal :rolleyes:

Oh ya congrats to Mumby on his 1st career WHL goal tonight

drummermajor
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
It's the feed from the video score board, most arenas do the same thing. Attendance is down, I guess they gotta find a way to make up the revenue.

-edit: Most arenas run the webcast off of the video score board

sbtatter
12-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Tough loss tonight for the Pats in Brandon after scoring 2 goals in 52seconds to tie it up only to give up a bad goal to Hawryluk with 29seconds left. Went off of MacAuley's glove and into the net from a shot 5ft from the wall.

Would of been nice to have gotten that game into OT to at least get the 1point but in the end was still a good game. Burroughs got hurt on that blind side hit by Hawryluk, I still don't see why that goal was counted after that hit & the fact that 3 guys were involved in a scrum to fight before the puck went into the net.... just another 'what moment' by the WHL officals. I don't know maybe it was the right call but with a player down hurt (who never did return) 3 players involved in a fight/scrum (Roy stepping in so Hawryluk didn't have to fight Stevenson) I guess play can keep going on for a goal....

All in all I got my $6 out of this game on the webcast, wow do the WKs ever run a lot of ad's during there games on the webcast by far the most I have seen so far. Then after each goal they score you miss the next 20secs of game action cause they show fancy pictures of each player who got a point on the goal :rolleyes:

Oh ya congrats to Mumby on his 1st career WHL goal tonight

The play likely should have been called dead with Burrows down from the (legal) hit, Stevenson should have got an extra 2 minutes for dropping the gloves and going after Hawryluck. Refs are brutal in this league. At the end of the first, buzzer goes, 2 pats are face washing Hawryluk, Gabrielle goes in to even things up in the face rubbing dept, and he gets the only penalty. Some Pat got called in the 3rd for interference when he and Pulock collided at the blue line. They should rename this league the WNHL, Western No Hit League
Pats have a lot more life to them than they ever used to, some push back. Both goalies struggled tonight, Hand might be the slowest skater I've seen this season and Pulock and Roy single handedly tried to give Regina the game by turning the puck over in their own zone all night. Kind of an entertaining game on a snowy cold night!

patsdude114
12-04-2013, 11:34 PM
The play likely should have been called dead with Burrows down from the (legal) hit, Stevenson should have got an extra 2 minutes for dropping the gloves and going after Hawryluck.

Yep that's exactly the way I saw that play as well.... the hit blind sided Burroughs but it wasn't by any means an illegal hit, was clean just unfortunately Burroughs got hurt on the play is all.

As for the video board yes I agree/know that pretty much every building in the league runs there webcast off the video boards but you would think in todays day & age they could not show that part on the webcast... miss some good action is all but was a good game tonight I enjoyed staying home and watching it instead of thinking about going out in the cold

nivek_wahs
12-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Bruce Luebke ‏@wheatkingsvoice 1h
Jayce Hawryluk of the @bdnwheatkings has been suspended for two games by the WHL under supplemental discipline. #bdnmb

Presumably, the suspension stems from the unpenalized hit on Regina captain Kyle Burroughs in the first period of last night's game. #bdnmb

Burroughs apparently suffered a concussion on the play and is out of the Pats' lineup indefinitely. #bdnmb

Ouch.....

sbtatter
12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
How is that a suspension? Take away team loyalties, and if that type of hit is a suspension then the game of hockey has been pussified beyond belief. Brutal.

nivek_wahs
12-05-2013, 10:40 PM
How is that a suspension? Take away team loyalties, and if that type of hit is a suspension then the game of hockey has been pussified beyond belief. Brutal.I didn't see the hit so I can't comment on it. I was just posting what Luber posted on his Twitter.

patsdude114
12-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I didn't think the hit was worth a 2min minor let alone a 2 game suspension, the only thing that maybe the league is trying to crack down on is hits on players who are in a vulnerable position, as Burroughs never saw him coming which was a blind side hit but with that said Burroughs had the puck & the hit wasn't high at all was shoulder to shoulder that sent Burroughs spinning to the ice due to the angle Hawyrluk came from

sbtatter
12-06-2013, 07:53 AM
It says suspension is for supplemental discipline not a hit to the head or charging, so maybe it's for something else other than the hit? It can't be for the hit, that was a great hit, apart from the guy getting a concussion which no one wants to see

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I mean, when the entire league is ran by an openly anti fighting nutbag, for years, you know you will have problems on every corner. This is a clear knee jerk reaction to big concussion word. No penalty on the play, and a suspension more than 24 hours later.

Nobody knows what they are doing in this sport anymore, and this sport is in huge trouble. They live and die by the headlines, because god forbid the softest person in the world is disgusted by this sport and we wont get their money too.

Eventually not only will fighting be gone(to Branch's delight), but hitting will be too. Then when the bones in this sport are picked clean, the professional protesters will move on to something else to whine about.

patsdude114
12-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't know why but I'm going to MJ tonight to watch the game, my father got free seats again from a family member who is a best western rep so looks like I'm in the club seating again at the rink. I am starting to question myself for saying that ill go, these -40 windchill's are getting to be abit much but with that said a pats win will make it all worth while, but 1 would think MJ is due to beat us soon, what is this the 6th time we have played now before xmas

sbtatter
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't know why but I'm going to MJ tonight to watch the game, my father got free seats again from a family member who is a best western rep so looks like I'm in the club seating again at the rink. I am starting to question myself for saying that ill go, these -40 windchill's are getting to be abit much but with that said a pats win will make it all worth while, but 1 would think MJ is due to beat us soon, what is this the 6th time we have played now before xmas

The hapless Warriors are 0 and 5 against both Regina and Bdn, ouch, that's got to hurt!! We need them to win a couple and get ahead of Saskatoon so Bdn can get the Blades draft lottery pick....

patsdude114
12-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The hapless Warriors are 0 and 5 against both Regina and Bdn, ouch, that's got to hurt!! We need them to win a couple and get ahead of Saskatoon so Bdn can get the Blades draft lottery pick....

well if you guys own that pick (which im thinking you do) you can still so called 'win the draft lottery' with there pick just they can only move up max of 2 spots... so as of right now the Blades are in the exact same spot the pats were last year with 4th worst and moved up to 2nd for the 1st rd only.

The Pats need to win tonight though as its the game in hand we got on RD and to get a 3point cushion would be nice on them but more importantly move ahead of BRN again by 1 point with the same amount of games played. It may only be 30 games in but its still fun to watch how the playoff picture can unfold throughout the year.

patsdude114
12-06-2013, 11:35 PM
What a terrible hockey game in MJ tonight, there was little emotion on both sides, the Pats didn't seem too interested to even be playing tonight. Don't get me wrong it was great to see the Pats play 20mins of hockey when it actually mattered & came back from being down 4-1 to get the win but the overall experience to watch a WwHL game wasn't there at all.

The Warriors played that 3rd period to not lose the hockey game instead of playing to win the hockey game. Can tell they are a group that lacks confidence, that 2nd goal by Stephenson to tie the game up was a highlight reel goal, he blew by #32 like he wasn't even there & made Paulic look alittle silly after, by far the best goal of the night. The 2 linesmen tonight were flat out brutal all night long, very late whistle on offsides all game especially late in the 3rd on the play where Hunt shot the puck slightly after the whistle but when your able to coast into the faceoff circle & not hear a whistle until you go to shoot shows just how bad those 2 were tonight. When the refs don't hand out a single penalty after the big punch feast after you can telll the refs told both coaches it was a very late offside call.

Kudos to Schiender for keeping us in the game for the 1st 40mins, if it waasnt for him this game would of been out of reach before the 3rd started. This kid looks like he could be a gem for our crease for the yrs to come. You can tell we are really missing Burroughs on our backend, definitely not easy to fill those shoes when he logs 28-30+ mins a night.

Bighat
12-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Well we're wining the games we are suppose to, now we need to get healthy and beat a few teams ahead of us in the standings.

patsdude114
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Well we're wining the games we are suppose to, now we need to get healthy and beat a few teams ahead of us in the standings.

I agree with this, they may not of been pretty wins but we still got the 2pts, we should of at least gotten 5 of a possible 6pts but 1 bad goal in the final 30secs of play will hurt yaa in the end. Plus that blown game to PA that is 2 extra points we should of gotten in total along with PA gaining 2 less pts which would put us 3pts up on PA & a tie for 4th in the conference with EDM altho they have 4 games in hand.

But revert back to reality as are in 6th spot (1pt behind 5th) with 1 or 2 games in hand on the teams below us. Two of our top 4 players are hurt right now with us playing decent hockey without them, hoping when they come back it strengthen's our lineup to be considered a solid team in our conference.

I would love to see Lang bring in another center at a price that isn't too steep, which I'm sure will be tough to do. Another Dman would be nice as well even if we can make a trade where we give up a 18yr old Williams for a 19yr old Dman, we would lose a year but in the end would hopefully strengthen our team. A trade like the Rodewald for Hansen type. A deal like this though I don't see happening til after xmas, see if there can be alittle more separation from the teams who are just pretenders but floating around (which could still be us in the end)